ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead. #4730637
11/06/14 09:40 PM
11/06/14 09:40 PM
Monroe City, IN
T
Toby Like Offline OP
trapper
Toby Like  Offline OP
trapper
T

Monroe City, IN
Please PM me. Thanks.

Toby

Toby Like
Nuisance Animal Solutions
Summitt Hill Taxidermy
Re: Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead. [Re: Toby Like] #4743028
11/14/14 01:03 PM
11/14/14 01:03 PM
Monroe City, IN
T
Toby Like Offline OP
trapper
Toby Like  Offline OP
trapper
T

Monroe City, IN
It is a residential porcupine job. One of my customer's daughters is having some issues.

Toby Like
Summitt Hill Taxidermy
Re: Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead. [Re: Toby Like] #4743061
11/14/14 01:35 PM
11/14/14 01:35 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Hey Toby,

Not in the area but curious dog quilled or tree damage? I get both here. Trees can be wrapped and painted if DBH is reasonable. We've done saplings and large mature trees both resolved the issue for the clients.

Dogs being quilled is tougher without a good perimeter. With a good perimeter and the proper design electric deterrent (strand or two of smooth wire) can be effective for the long run.

Of course trap and removal also works but doesn't stop a future quilling by another porcupine who shows up and is first seen by fido...

Just some thoughts in case she doesn't find someone.

Justin

Re: Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead. [Re: Toby Like] #4743827
11/14/14 10:52 PM
11/14/14 10:52 PM
Monroe City, IN
T
Toby Like Offline OP
trapper
Toby Like  Offline OP
trapper
T

Monroe City, IN
Dog quilled.

Her mom sent me a photo of the poor pup and was scared to death that the "deadly" porcupine was going to "attack" her grand daughter.

According to the mom, the daughter lives on campus at the local U. That is about all the details I know other than the mom is great customer for me here in IN and would probably pay handsomely for someone to take care of it.

Toby Like
Summitt Hill Taxidermy
Re: Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead. [Re: Toby Like] #4743982
11/15/14 12:25 AM
11/15/14 12:25 AM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
Summitt Hill,
You might be able to find someone through the Colorado Wildlife Control Operators Association- http://www.cwcoa.org/.
You may have to contact one of the members listed on the site. Some members have contact phone numbers and web sites listed.

EDIT: You can also try- http://www.nwcoa.com/westernregion.html

Last edited by LAtrapper; 11/15/14 11:58 AM. Reason: Add info

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead. [Re: Toby Like] #4744077
11/15/14 01:47 AM
11/15/14 01:47 AM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Toby,

I've had more of those deals where they were terrified the kids were going to be attacked by porcupines than I can count this summer which is funny to me since I live in the desert. They live very well in the cottonwood along the river have had folks with 10 quills in the pup, others with hundreds in all three pups at the same time talk about some vet bills!

Most of the folks I get called by are so prone to another porcupine we really push the idea of going out into the small residential yard and "clearing" it before you let out the pups.

Re: Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead. [Re: Toby Like] #4766614
11/28/14 01:37 AM
11/28/14 01:37 AM
NW Oregon
R
remrogers Offline
trapper
remrogers  Offline
trapper
R

NW Oregon
Some idiot on the Colorado Game Commission thought they needed to be protected, so they did. Didn't stop ranchers though. They don't like calves getting a face full of quills.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread