ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
What Do You Really Want To Read About? #4733111
11/08/14 06:54 PM
11/08/14 06:54 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Okay, I've tried to supply all you new guys with a subscription to Wildlife Control Technologies magazine on me. Now, in order to

keep you subscribing, I need to know what piques your interest? ( Let's face it, WCT doesn't make a lot of money with "free" ) As

if you didn't notice, I like to keep my column on the light side. This is the coolest job I've ever had and if there are any

problems, well, I have people for that! So now that many of you have had subscriptions on me, wouldn't it be fair to tell me

what you would like to read in order to renew your subscription? Hey, if I can't do it, by now you've read my back-up writers.

They can handle any question. ( And if these guys heard me call them "back-up writers", I'm dead anyway.)

Re: What Do You Really Want To Read About? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4733178
11/08/14 07:31 PM
11/08/14 07:31 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
I like the Schlopen open book in pest management mag.

Re: What Do You Really Want To Read About? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4735427
11/10/14 12:09 AM
11/10/14 12:09 AM
Sacramento Mountains NM
mtncat Offline
trapper
mtncat  Offline
trapper

Sacramento Mountains NM
Keeping in mind that a lot of my work is probably 180 degrees off from most folks. It would be interesting to see what preliminary work folks do before ever setting eyes on a job site.
I.E. On some of my projects I spend time on Google earth looking the area over. Sometimes on another program getting names of land owners around the area. Visiting with Game and Fish or Forest Service people etc.
Anything that I can learn or do in advance to make life easier.

Re: What Do You Really Want To Read About? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4735509
11/10/14 02:13 AM
11/10/14 02:13 AM
USA
P
Pez77 Offline
trapper
Pez77  Offline
trapper
P

USA
I received my 1st issue a few days ago! I thought it was great! Some things To add; spotlight a different critter from the different regions, also informative "how to" section showing some different methods to do common tasks in our trade. Maybe subscribers pics of different things they encounter, or their workspaces or truck ideas .

Re: What Do You Really Want To Read About? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4745113
11/15/14 08:49 PM
11/15/14 08:49 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Everyone had some little gadget they use everyday to make there catch rate better or work made easier. I would like to hear about them.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: What Do You Really Want To Read About? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4764162
11/26/14 07:34 PM
11/26/14 07:34 PM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline
trapper
SGT. C  Offline
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
More articles that apply to the deep south. Also aricles on how to gain more customers and edge out the USDA. Worst bunch i have to deal with.Just keep in mind, the deep south(South Carolina)is not what you would call a rich state. Hope this helps.......Dale

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: What Do You Really Want To Read About? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4764635
11/26/14 11:17 PM
11/26/14 11:17 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
I'm not currently a subscriber (nor am I a professional ADC guy), but I'd like to read articles about getting the RIGHT coyote in eastern situations (relatively low populations, people/domestic issues, REALLY crappy weather [freeze, thaw, thaw, freeze, freeze, freeze, thaw, freeze], etc.

that, and mole trapping.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread