ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
We Must Live In A Different World ! #4716598
10/30/14 06:18 PM
10/30/14 06:18 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
The biggest competitor in our area just happens to be my son's best friend. ( And his mom and I were classmates ) Well, it just so

happens that today was the day that our competitor's wife gave birth to their firstborn, a son. I thought it was kind of unique

that after the parents on either side received pictures of the new family from the hospital, that we were probably next in line. I

find it very refreshing that in this day and age, we can all still remember who our friends are. Congratulations to the proud

parents! ( Oh no, my grandkids will have another competitor )

Re: We Must Live In A Different World ! [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4718765
10/31/14 07:24 PM
10/31/14 07:24 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
Awesome and congrats to the new parents.

Re: We Must Live In A Different World ! [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4719091
10/31/14 10:58 PM
10/31/14 10:58 PM
Tipton, IN
T
Travis Wolford Offline
trapper
Travis Wolford  Offline
trapper
T

Tipton, IN
I talk with legitimate competitors regularly. We have even been known to loan each other equipment and supplies from time to time. It's not that we live in a different world, just that society has created this messed up world that the majority of people live in. We're all normal living amongst the screwed up.

it is not a stupid question if you do not know the answer
Re: We Must Live In A Different World ! [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4719573
11/01/14 12:02 PM
11/01/14 12:02 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Well said, Travis!

Re: We Must Live In A Different World ! [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4719809
11/01/14 03:53 PM
11/01/14 03:53 PM
Tug Hill, New York
A
Albert Burns Offline
trapper
Albert Burns  Offline
trapper
A

Tug Hill, New York
We also have a pretty good circle of friendly competitors, about half a dozen of us, that have known each other over 20 + years and see each other almost daily. Some of us are better at certain situations than others, and we know each others strong points, and trade work back and forth regularly. My father owns a small diner that is centrally located to us all, and most days around noon you can find at least 3-4 NWCO trucks in the parking lot. I don't think of any of them as competitors, as they have been friends for so long, and if any of us need anything all we have to do is ask, and the rest are always willing to help out. I never really gave much thought about how different our work situation is, compared to other operators. If someone is sick, or goes out of town, the rest of us will always cover for them. And after many years of doing this, we know each others work ethics, and morals when it comes to handling customers, and we can trust each other.

Re: We Must Live In A Different World ! [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4719944
11/01/14 05:53 PM
11/01/14 05:53 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Albert, that is the way it should be!