ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Wolfernation multi catch coon trap #4709489
10/27/14 09:46 AM
10/27/14 09:46 AM
Shreveport, La.
T
T.Smith Offline OP
trapper
T.Smith  Offline OP
trapper
T

Shreveport, La.
Anyone use or have any success with the Wolfernation multi catch coon trap.

Re: Wolfernation multi catch coon trap [Re: T.Smith] #4710179
10/27/14 04:30 PM
10/27/14 04:30 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Here is a link to their you tube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flLQd4ne57U

There have been negative reviews. The posting on you tube has been disabled. I believe part of it may be user oriented and learned by this instructional video. Here is what I suggest if you are using a trap like this. Try a different technique. The whole premise of the trap is pre-baiting for a learned response to go in the trap. If the animal runs into something completely new like a closed door he may back out and go around trying another way. What I suggest is to prop the door open for 4-7 days as Norm said 2 min and 17sec into the video. Then on the 4 th or 5th day move the stick to the counter weight side in a position that doesn,t hold the door completely open but up about 3-4". This will allow the door to pivot. Leave there for two to three more days. This will teach them to push on the door to enter. It will teach them they can still leave. Now pull the stick. The coon should now have learned they may have to push the door to go in.

Should make the trap effective. Longer it is in the last position the better.

The trap is well made.

Last edited by Kirk De; 10/27/14 04:39 PM.

The Real Reasons Animals Are Detecting Your Sets And Devices by Kirk Dekalb
https://amzn.to/2Hn1hxv
Re: Wolfernation multi catch coon trap [Re: T.Smith] #4710254
10/27/14 04:56 PM
10/27/14 04:56 PM
Florida
B
bjansma Offline
trapper
bjansma  Offline
trapper
B

Florida
Catching five in one night isn't that great if I have to prebait and condition the animal to using the trap for a week. Trying to think of a good place this trap would be practical to use and can't think of any.

Bob Jansma
Re: Wolfernation multi catch coon trap [Re: T.Smith] #4710277
10/27/14 05:02 PM
10/27/14 05:02 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Would work for a person prebaiting during the week while he was working and setting Friday afternoon to where he could despose of on the week end.

Re: Wolfernation multi catch coon trap [Re: T.Smith] #4710298
10/27/14 05:11 PM
10/27/14 05:11 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Here is my question: I live in Wisconsin and we have a much bigger problem keeping raccoons out of cages meant for other species as

we do getting cage-shy coons to get caught. Are there any places where a repeating raccoon cage would prove to be an advantage over

three or four regular raccoon cages? I'm sure some of you must have some answers! I'm all ears.

Re: Wolfernation multi catch coon trap [Re: T.Smith] #4710327
10/27/14 05:20 PM
10/27/14 05:20 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Quote:
Here is my question: I live in Wisconsin and we have a much bigger problem keeping raccoons out of cages meant for other species as

we do getting cage-shy coons to get caught. Are there any places where a repeating raccoon cage would prove to be an advantage over

three or four regular raccoon cages? I'm sure some of you must have some answers! I'm all ears.

That is why I use what I use. I only use prebaiting to get them to the location, to congregate when fur trapping. Make several baited spots and move the traps every other night. Make baited spots about 1/2 mile apart.

I do use traps that will catch more than one or set multiple traps.

Re: Wolfernation multi catch coon trap [Re: T.Smith] #4710340
10/27/14 05:24 PM
10/27/14 05:24 PM
Georgia
Jeremy Ledford Offline
trapper
Jeremy Ledford  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I believe there are some much better multi-catch coon traps available. I can't see any benefit to the Wolfernation trap for ADC work. Plus, the last thing I want is a cage where the coon(s) can reach through nearly all the way around to steal bait/ tear up the yard/ tear off shingles. I don't want a skint up coon either! I want a trap that catches the coon the first time it comes to it. Furthermore, if you're on a 24 hr trap check like I am, I'd wire the door open....not use a stick.

Serving Ga's Fayette, Fulton, Coweta, and Clayton counties.
(404)583-4938
Re: Wolfernation multi catch coon trap [Re: T.Smith] #4710414
10/27/14 05:45 PM
10/27/14 05:45 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Will multi-catch boar coons fight in the cage?

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread