ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Not to beat a dead horse #4702500
10/23/14 11:16 AM
10/23/14 11:16 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
But this deleting of entire threads instead of removing offending posts is really shortsighted.

• The baby is getting tossed with the bathwater with the loss of valuable commentary.
• The appearance of favoritism, whether actual or not, is there when one rebuttal is allowed to stand but the next gets everything axed.
• Conspiracy theorists might say someone has something to hide.
• By removing entire threads prospective users of the information cannot judge for themselves based on the tone and content of the posts
• It stifles openness and candor on a forum used by many to educate themselves.
• Without full disclosure half truths and false information can not be set right.

[Linked Image]
Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: warrior] #4702582
10/23/14 12:04 PM
10/23/14 12:04 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
Agreed...

Perhaps, users should just be banned for a period of time and individual comment be deleted when the spirit of the mission statement is not followed.

Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: warrior] #4702632
10/23/14 12:40 PM
10/23/14 12:40 PM
Georgia
Jeremy Ledford Offline
trapper
Jeremy Ledford  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I agree with David.

There does seem to be a stench of favoritism on this board. I will not judge whether or not it is purposeful, but will go as far as saying it is a shame.

Also, that thread had a wealth of quality information from several different parties. I was following it and hate it was axed.

Serving Ga's Fayette, Fulton, Coweta, and Clayton counties.
(404)583-4938
Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: warrior] #4702641
10/23/14 12:46 PM
10/23/14 12:46 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
Cage makers have been advised that they can provide direct answers to questions. However, any more information than that should be answered through Private Message, email, or on their web site. Flaming, innuendo, half truths and infomercials are not allowed. Feel free to report any suspected favoritism to Paul Dobbins and ask his opinion about deleting of entire threads as opposed to surgical removal of specific posts. Also see This Post

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: warrior] #4702672
10/23/14 01:01 PM
10/23/14 01:01 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
I think that if a thread requires deleting....a 3 month user ban is justified. Is that easily manageable?

Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: warrior] #4702772
10/23/14 01:59 PM
10/23/14 01:59 PM
California
T
Throw Back Offline
trapper
Throw Back  Offline
trapper
T

California
Believe me, my last two threads have been deleted. I was even told I was stirring up trouble. I just wanted some info, I had no idea how personal and deep it got.

Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: warrior] #4702811
10/23/14 02:27 PM
10/23/14 02:27 PM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline
trapper

New York
One hundred percent agreement with Warrior, but who's to be the judge of false statements or half truths? Beating a dead horse can surely be applied to thread content. If a statement is made, then rebutted, that should be enough for both sides unless there has been something omitted, nothing personal, just a frank and honest discussion of the subject with facts and reasons for believing, minus character assassination and emotion. Pages of repetition of obvious or questionable, speculative material covered over and over again, in a "thinly veiled attempt" to do little more than to keep a thread front and center for advertising purposes should not be allowed, with deleting a viable option. When some "patriots" carry a bias and an agenda to promote one party, while lurking in the wing with a finger on the trigger ready to bump a thread to the top, not through the infusion or new, fresh or helpful information of value in the industry, but merely to add something, anything to the thread to move it to the top, serves only one party, the advertiser and promoter of that thread, not the readers.

None of this is one sided. Over the years I have been on both sides of the curve of what could be called bias. Fortunately, feelings of bias are not unique to any one party, something I have felt when threads disappeared more than once in the past, incredibly disappointing. If everyone feels slighted, I guess no one is being targetted, no conspiracy. But, after topics are co-opted and steered away from their original intent and then quickly deteriorate to personal attacks with innuendo referencing character, deleting a thread servers as a wake up call for all to stick to that which is of value and reserve the personal stuff on their own time in a PM as suggested. I don't see a need to air the laundry publicly, but to make a case for sincere beliefs supported in fact.

On cages, at this point in time, since there has essentially been nothing really new offered in cage traps in the past couple of years and most everyone has a clear vision of what is available after so many threads, posts and discussions, it seems repetitious and a counterproductive waste of time to revisit the same old topics. Of late I have read nothing I have not heard before many times and the primary reason I have seen little reason to begin new threads.

Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: warrior] #4702855
10/23/14 02:59 PM
10/23/14 02:59 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
That was a post I never saw but heard about a few weeks ago.The fella called me to tell me about his field testing with a product and wanted to share his experience with others.

However it must have been viewed as a form of advertisment. I never got to read the post as it was written but if Paul felt it was advertising then it must have been worded as such to appear that way. Paul has always been fair in my experiences so it must have been over the top exuberance to seem like an infomercial. I would like to have read it though.

So word to the wise is dont go overboard in bragging up a product or device too much or it may be deemed as advertising and the topic or comment may be deleted.The guidelines are set by Paul and his interpretations are what govern the site.Overall he does a heck of a job.

Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: Jim Comstock] #4703014
10/23/14 05:03 PM
10/23/14 05:03 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Quote:
On cages, at this point in time, since there has essentially been nothing really new offered in cage traps in the past couple of years and most everyone has a clear vision of what is available after so many threads, posts and discussions, it seems repetitious and a counterproductive waste of time to revisit the same old topics.

Why don,t we start a new thread that specifically points out the new.

The Real Reasons Animals Are Detecting Your Sets And Devices by Kirk Dekalb
https://amzn.to/2Hn1hxv
Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: warrior] #4703024
10/23/14 05:14 PM
10/23/14 05:14 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
How about the manufacturers go duck hunting for a month and see if if comes up naturally?

Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: warrior] #4703028
10/23/14 05:15 PM
10/23/14 05:15 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
Or....start a new supplier forum....like the bait and lures....

Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: warrior] #4703115
10/23/14 06:07 PM
10/23/14 06:07 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Come on Dave, a three month user ban? What are you and I going to do without T-Man for three months? Improve our spelling? I'm sure

the vast majority of you will agree that the advertising policy on this site is about as lax it can get and that we all really

owe Paul ( Once again, I have to point out, all the cool guys on this site are named Paul ) a debt of gratitude for allowing use of

T-Man ADC to help the ever increasing number of new guys in this business. I do have a message for Throw Back. Your posts being

deleted had nothing to do with you. The wonderful thing about this site is that the people on here care enough about you that they

will do their best to answer any PMs as quickly as possible.

Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: warrior] #4703143
10/23/14 06:29 PM
10/23/14 06:29 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
I was hoping to help establish a policy...get banned...and use all that extra time to go duck hunting.

Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: warrior] #4703232
10/23/14 07:37 PM
10/23/14 07:37 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I love and respect you Georgia guys. You like what you see and stick together. Probably why you have an NFL team and a lot of people

don't. Of course, those that don't, cheer for the Packers. Well C'mon, we're the only fans that own the team!

Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4704162
10/24/14 08:43 AM
10/24/14 08:43 AM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
Probably why you have an NFL team and a lot of people

don't. Of course, those that don't, cheer for the Packers. Well C'mon, we're the only fans that own the team!

We have an NFL team???? First I heard of it.

Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: Barehunter] #4704174
10/24/14 08:53 AM
10/24/14 08:53 AM
Georgia
Jeremy Ledford Offline
trapper
Jeremy Ledford  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted By: Barehunter
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
Probably why you have an NFL team and a lot of people

We have an NFL team???? First I heard of it.

Duhhhh, everyone knows the Atlanta Braves are the best!

Serving Ga's Fayette, Fulton, Coweta, and Clayton counties.
(404)583-4938
Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: warrior] #4705356
10/24/14 11:42 PM
10/24/14 11:42 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Guess I should be cheering for the Pack. Always could respect their ownership situation. Here, we have the (your name here) Rams, owned by the needy Wal-Mart bazillionaire Stan Kroenke.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Not to beat a dead horse [Re: warrior] #4706284
10/25/14 03:12 PM
10/25/14 03:12 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
I'll be glad when the Rams leave.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread