ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
No Mol #4701038
10/22/14 05:10 PM
10/22/14 05:10 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline OP
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline OP
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
The boss handed me 8 of these mole traps to try out.

Anybody have any experience with them? They look to avoid the bedding issue, but I'm suspect of the trigger. Is suppose time will tell, but it never hurts to ask for experiences.

Re: No Mol [Re: EatenByLimestone] #4701559
10/22/14 09:11 PM
10/22/14 09:11 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
All mole traps work with practice in getting the setting mechanics down pat.I have tried them all over the years and have caught with all of them. I prefer another type due to preference and having experience with all the others. Work them and compare them to others you have used. There are lots of opinions and those that prefer one over others. I still use some spears and O/S in shallow runs where those traps work very well just to keep in practice.

Re: No Mol [Re: EatenByLimestone] #4702257
10/23/14 08:01 AM
10/23/14 08:01 AM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
I like them, Do just as Bob stated play with them to get use to using them, and mark them well has they can disappear fast when the grass if growing and the grass cutters don't care what they run over.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: No Mol [Re: EatenByLimestone] #4704089
10/24/14 07:39 AM
10/24/14 07:39 AM
OH
M
mousie Offline
trapper
mousie  Offline
trapper
M

OH
Originally Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Anybody have any experience with them? They look to avoid the bedding issue, but I'm suspect of the trigger. Is suppose time will tell, but it never hurts to ask for experiences.

you should have handed them back and told them to get some big boy traps. steve albanos are far superior!

never make someone a priority when they make you an option !
Re: No Mol [Re: EatenByLimestone] #4704356
10/24/14 11:34 AM
10/24/14 11:34 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
I use one style trap more than others. But if the moles start to avoid, trip, or dig under I go to another. But I always check the bedding first before going to another style trap. Always have a back up trap.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: No Mol [Re: mousie] #4705020
10/24/14 08:55 PM
10/24/14 08:55 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline OP
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline OP
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
Originally Posted By: mousie
Originally Posted By: EatenByLimestone

you should have handed them back and told them to get some big boy traps. steve albanos are far superior!

I love my Albanos. No question about how good of a trap they are. I'm always looking for more traps though. I always seem to be looking at an empty trap box sitting on my passenger seat.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread