ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
The Gentle Gialt - My first impressions #4668649
09/30/14 08:08 PM
09/30/14 08:08 PM
Des Allemands, Louisiana
Budfish Offline OP
trapper
Budfish  Offline OP
trapper

Des Allemands, Louisiana
I received my Gentle Giant 40 inch snake tongs last week and have played around with it. Without getting into the whole debate about whether or not its better for the snakes or not, the actual use of the thing is more the issue. I find it to be much heavier at the tong end than normal tongs and that is of course due to the extra large head on the thing but I didn't expect it to be quite that heavy. Glad I didn't get the super shaft on it because it would have been even heavier. Seems to me that the top of the tongs could be made from a durable plastic and still be plenty strong enough to retain quality while losing some of the weight.
I guess in time I may get used to it. Definitly not going to toss it in the corner without at least giving it a year or so to prove itself and it's worth in spite of the weight.

What are your thoughts on the Gentle Giant for those who have used them or are still using them?

Re: The Gentle Gialt - My first impressions [Re: Budfish] #4668673
09/30/14 08:21 PM
09/30/14 08:21 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Have two pair, like then but never has another prior so no ability to compare.

Just bought a hook, plan to use that...

The giant though has retrieved all kinds of non snake things for me! smile

Re: The Gentle Gialt - My first impressions [Re: Budfish] #4668683
09/30/14 08:25 PM
09/30/14 08:25 PM
Des Allemands, Louisiana
Budfish Offline OP
trapper
Budfish  Offline OP
trapper

Des Allemands, Louisiana
I bought a hook also, but I still plan to use the tongs for them ornery old cottonmouths.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread