Wildcrafting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~Trapperman.com Live
Trap Chat~Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar
Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting
Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Print Thread
Hop To
Anyone have a big pick of roots this weekend #4655736
09/21/14 09:25 AM
09/21/14 09:25 AM
McDonald, pa
B
Baitsetter Offline OP
trapper
Baitsetter  Offline OP
trapper
B

McDonald, pa
I need more property to pick on. Had no luck Saturday 6 roots total! Plenty of cohosh to pick but concentrating on sang for a while. Have half pound dry sang but need more picking grounds to increase my pick. Not complaining still enjoying the woods.

Re: Anyone have a big pick of roots this weekend [Re: Baitsetter] #4656082
09/21/14 03:27 PM
09/21/14 03:27 PM
pennsylvania
P
panax hunter Offline
trapper
panax hunter  Offline
trapper
P

pennsylvania
not much luck hear either. i am in somerset county. ever since to tv shows everybody and there brother are seng diggers. i lost several thousand {yes several thousand} 2 to 3 year olds to some PIG who must think he hit the jackpot. all dug in july. the bud wasnt even formed yet. just left the tops. i am finding basketball size holes dug with a small top laying in the hole. these people dont fill in their hole or plant the seeds. i have miles of mountains but times are changing.

Re: Anyone have a big pick of roots this weekend [Re: Baitsetter] #4656149
09/21/14 05:02 PM
09/21/14 05:02 PM
McDonald, pa
B
Baitsetter Offline OP
trapper
Baitsetter  Offline OP
trapper
B

McDonald, pa
I know where your coming from Panax hunter. Everyone at work is talking about picking sang since the tv shows. And yes that means the ones that only care about a quick dollar! I guess this means we have to be even better stewards of the mountain. To bad about your young plants being dug, I left about fifty or sixty 4 and 5 year olds in the ground this week, but pulled the tops off.

Re: Anyone have a big pick of roots this weekend [Re: Baitsetter] #4656345
09/21/14 08:27 PM
09/21/14 08:27 PM
Ohio,Guernsey County
Ms.Miss Offline
trapper
Ms.Miss  Offline
trapper

Ohio,Guernsey County
I ran into same issue last year, It looked like they ran a rake along side the hill. They took seeds,tiny roots,big roots all seedling starts... everything !!! And I agree that show Appalachin Outlaws did screw things up ! Cause like you said everyone and their brothers are now diggers. But they dont get land owner consent , they just do as they please , never thinking about what raping the hills will do !! There will be nothing left.

Nature's to beautiful to be ignored
Re: Anyone have a big pick of roots this weekend [Re: Baitsetter] #4656360
09/21/14 08:37 PM
09/21/14 08:37 PM
Oswego, NY
C
crazy Eddy Offline
trapper
crazy Eddy  Offline
trapper
C

Oswego, NY
Most of us could forsee this coming when the show first hit air. I dont know what these people were thinking. The best thing to do now is shut the season, and the shows down until this crap blows over. Because you guys are right. They will totally rape the entire wild crop. This species is way to delicate to put into the hands of the white people.

Re: Anyone have a big pick of roots this weekend [Re: Baitsetter] #4656499
09/21/14 09:56 PM
09/21/14 09:56 PM
Ohio,Guernsey County
Ms.Miss Offline
trapper
Ms.Miss  Offline
trapper

Ohio,Guernsey County
Just posted pics of mine on "The reason we dig" forum. Got some nice 4 prongers today. I was speechless. Never found any that big and tall round these parts. And lots of lil ones around smile So poachers didnt find it all lol

Nature's to beautiful to be ignored
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread