ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Word that can cause you to lose out on insurance #4656403
09/21/14 09:03 PM
09/21/14 09:03 PM
Granbury, Texas
animaloutlaws Offline OP
trapper
animaloutlaws  Offline OP
trapper

Granbury, Texas
I thought this would be a good subject to address. What are things you shouldn't say or state when writing a final bid estimate for insurance work. I am not sure this is true but I was told never to use the word “exclusion” on any insurance bid work. If any one has anything to add I am sure we all would greatly appreciate it.

www.animaloutlaws.com - Animal Damage Control
www.coyotemedia.net - Wildlife Control Advertisement
Re: Word that can cause you to lose out on insurance [Re: animaloutlaws] #4656455
09/21/14 09:30 PM
09/21/14 09:30 PM
Florida
B
bjansma Offline
trapper
bjansma  Offline
trapper
B

Florida
Most insurance policies exclude birds, insects, rodents, and domestic animals. If you have an attic that has had raccoons and squirrels I am not mentioning the squirrels because they are rodents.
While the removal of animals is not covered, only the repair of damage caused by animals, some insurance companies do pay for the prevention of further damage. So exclusion when portrayed in that light may be paid.

Bob Jansma
Re: Word that can cause you to lose out on insurance [Re: animaloutlaws] #4656535
09/21/14 10:15 PM
09/21/14 10:15 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I have heard that many insurance companies were trying to limit all animal damage but I'm guessing that with all the competition in

homeowners insurance industry, that probably fizzled. I do think if you know of any large companies that have cut back or eliminated

animal damage payments, they should be kept track of on a site such as this so that we can keep customers informed. On the bright

side, I had a situation some years back where raccoons were tearing the siding off of the house to get at the insect larva. It didn't

take a math genius to figure out that it was cheaper to pay for me to trap the raccoons once, than to pay for residing often.

Re: Word that can cause you to lose out on insurance [Re: animaloutlaws] #4656670
09/22/14 12:25 AM
09/22/14 12:25 AM
decatur, illinois
c walker Offline
trapper
c walker  Offline
trapper

decatur, illinois
I have found that a lot of the insurance agents will try to tell you that they don't cover rodents so they won't pay for any damage done by raccoons. Apparently they think raccoons are rodents.

State farm covers aanything except rodents, birds , and bugs. However the most of the agents will tell you they won't cover damages from any animal. So you have to insist on speaking with the agency and they will try everything to keep from paying but like we all know raccoons are not rodents. So they have to pay if it doesn't say all animals.

Insurance agents are trained to deceive you without lying to you you just have to stay at it and not take there crap.

If your going to do it. Do it well.
Re: Word that can cause you to lose out on insurance [Re: animaloutlaws] #4657737
09/22/14 09:08 PM
09/22/14 09:08 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Quote:

Insurance agents are trained to deceive you without lying to you

ding!

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………