ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: GRRRRRRRRRR...I hate when a clients says... [Re: Dale in Texas] #4663219
09/26/14 02:22 PM
09/26/14 02:22 PM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline
trapper

New York
Always someone who wants it for nothing, but I do get sympathetic when I give a price and they say money is tight. Some would love to have the work done but just can not afford it. You do have to remain steady. One local guy charged for summer beaver a while back, $50 but would trap for $0 in the winter for fur. I spoke with him and said, let me get this straight. You get $50 to catch a beaver and burry it in summer, but to catch it, skin it, stretch and market it in winter you are happy to get $20 and nothing for your service. I told him that he should decide who he wanted to be, an ADC guy or a fur trapper, which if I remember correctly he did not like. When work is done for nothing the client figures the work is worth nothing.

When a client says, "you get something for the fur in winter," I don't disagree, but point out the service in solving a problem is where the charge comes in. If I do handle the fur after hours, if there is such a thing, I point out that for that extra money I do a lot of extra work. But, if they would like, and don't want me to make the extra bucks for the extra work I'd be more than happy to pile them where they want them. No takers yet.

Re: GRRRRRRRRRR...I hate when a clients says... [Re: Dale in Texas] #4663259
09/26/14 03:35 PM
09/26/14 03:35 PM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
I have trapped for 'other considerations' a number of times but I don't do wildlife control for the fur. I have no problem with those that do. It's a great way for fur trappers to get ground to trap.

Re: GRRRRRRRRRR...I hate when a clients says... [Re: Dale in Texas] #4663611
09/26/14 10:15 PM
09/26/14 10:15 PM
North Branch MN
L
Lundy Offline
trapper
Lundy  Offline
trapper
L

North Branch MN
I will trap Beaver and Muskrats, no charge if in season, if they don't want them removed right away. My kicker is, I offer Pest Control Service on their house. I get a paying customer and I get fur to trap for fun. I do offer a price to remove the animals for damage control. I've only done this two or three times.

Re: GRRRRRRRRRR...I hate when a clients says... [Re: Dale in Texas] #4663973
09/27/14 09:45 AM
09/27/14 09:45 AM
New York
P
ponyboy Offline
trapper
ponyboy  Offline
trapper
P

New York
You usually get what you pay for.

Re: GRRRRRRRRRR...I hate when a clients says... [Re: Dale in Texas] #4678866
10/07/14 09:39 PM
10/07/14 09:39 PM
Hallettsville TX
jrbb00 Offline
trapper
jrbb00  Offline
trapper

Hallettsville TX
I am not in the animal removal business but maybe some day. But when I get told someone else can do what I do for cheaper I just remind the of one simple thing. "Skilled labor is not cheap. And cheap labor is not skilled" then I let them know when others mess it up my basket price is 30% more than before just to fix someone else's oops and run.

I've never met a skunk I didn't like
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread