ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
One of our own in the news, not good! #4639778
09/09/14 02:08 PM
09/09/14 02:08 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/man-arrested-dumping-dead-beavers-title-max-parkin/nhGxz/

Guys this does not surprise me. I'm sure each of y'all are plugged into your own local grapevine.

[Linked Image]
Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4639821
09/09/14 02:49 PM
09/09/14 02:49 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Local

Posted: 4 days ago

Man arrested for dumping dead beavers at Title Max

CUMMING, Ga. —

Police arrested a Cumming man for dumping the rotting carcasses of two beavers in the parking lot of a Title Max. The stench was so strong that it drove away customers from the loan store, according to authorities.

Officers were called out to the store on Atlanta Road in Forsyth County on Aug. 23 in reference to dead beavers in the parking lot. The responding officer said he found two large beaver carcasses, which had already started to decompose before being dropped in the parking lot. There were also three large clear plastic containers, a black plastic bag and a clear plastic bag. There were maggots and decomposition fluids inside the containers.

The officer describe the stench of the decomposing beavers as “atrocious” and said he could smell the carcasses inside his patrol car hours after the call.

The temperature outside at the time was almost 90 degrees and with two beavers sitting on the hot black asphalt only made the smell more unbearable, almost as if they were being cooked on the pavement, officers described. Along with the high temperatures, a midday rain came through town making things worse.

The officer spoke to an employee of Title Max who said he saw a green Toyota Tundra drive into the parking lot, dump the beavers and drive off. The employee was able to take down the tag number of the pickup truck.

The officer was able to track down the vehicle to 43-year-old Chad Artimovich, of Cumming. The Title Max employee told the officer Artimovich owed Title Max over $4,000 on a loan, and was 47 days late on payments, and the pickup truck is up for repossession.

After several phone calls, Artimovich agreed to come to the police station to talk about the incident. When he arrived, officers arrested Artimovich and charged him with illegal dumping.

Artimovich told the arresting officers he was in the U.S. Marines for 16 years where he specialized in reconnaissance. He also said he was on medication for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. After being booked, he was transported to the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office where he was turned over to detention officers.

The Department of Natural Resources will be following up with this case.

[Linked Image]
Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4639900
09/09/14 03:47 PM
09/09/14 03:47 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
My question is...if you are gonna illegally dump a carcass why would you choose to do so at a Title Max or any other place of business? Wonder if it was a payback for something? Anyway...bad move on his part.

Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4639923
09/09/14 04:07 PM
09/09/14 04:07 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
The article said he was in arrears on a loan to TM, and was about to have his truck re-po'd. It was a stupid "revenge" thing, not a carcass dump.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4640014
09/09/14 05:00 PM
09/09/14 05:00 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Good post, warrior! I've read some of Chad's post when he posted them and I can certainly see this happening. I'm probably not a very

good candidate to post on the subject of the U.S. Marine Corps. As much as I disliked the Army, at least I didn't blow my own brains

out like my Marine classmates did! ( This was after they became civilians, but not long after )

Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: BigBob] #4640414
09/09/14 09:26 PM
09/09/14 09:26 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
Originally Posted By: BigBob
The article said he was in arrears on a loan to TM, and was about to have his truck re-po'd. It was a stupid "revenge" thing, not a carcass dump.

Ok...I missed that part when I scanned the article. I guess he thought that was gonna help matters?

Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: Barehunter] #4640495
09/09/14 10:00 PM
09/09/14 10:00 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
I think he's going through a divorce also. It sounds like his world is turning upside down. Even sane people go crazy during a divorce and Chad started out ahead of the game. I don't know him real well but I think he's a good person losing it. I'm going to call him tomorrow and encourage him to get help.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4640595
09/09/14 10:45 PM
09/09/14 10:45 PM
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
TrapperLon Offline
trapper
TrapperLon  Offline
trapper

Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Part of me thinks its funny but the dead beavers kind of makes trappers look bad. I would have opted for a bag of human feces. This would have made his point but not brought trapping into the argument. like maybe even a large slingshot mounted in the back of his truck capable of launching fece projectiles towards the target business. He could have gotten his trapping buddies and Marine buddies to help by donating feces after a night of mexican food and cheap beer. Also dont use PTSD to dodge jail. If you are going to act like a lunatic be a lunatic.

Semper Fi
Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4640612
09/09/14 10:55 PM
09/09/14 10:55 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
I haven't commented on the PTSD yet but I will now. Not to belittle or demean because many do have issues coming home from war but as the son of a Vietnam vet and a vet myself I think I'm entitled to an opinion.
As a child one of the fastest ways to set off my dad was to start talking about "crazy vietnam vets". He would cut you short and tell you point blank there were things he saw he would not talk about but those guys who came home crazy were crazy to start with and those who weren't dealt with it without making excuses. Having served myself I have say he was right. I was a cold warrior, nominally a peacetime soldier, and we had our share of drunks, nuts and crazies that I am sure went home just as drunk, nutty and crazy.
Again not to downplay the horrors our combat vets bring home with them but character counts.

[Linked Image]
Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4641103
09/10/14 10:37 AM
09/10/14 10:37 AM
Indiana
V3N Offline
trapper
V3N  Offline
trapper

Indiana
The Vietnam Army had alot of draftees. These guys had drug and other problems when they got drafted and doing a tour didn't help matters.
Since PTSD became popular every guy that liked to get drunk off duty now has an excuse for doing it after he got out.
I agree with Warrior, most had problems when they went in, and the pressure of serving just did not help matters.
Those who got hit and came back disabled are a different story. For some of them the loss took away their dreams of a post service future. They push service as a way to pay for college and get an education in some skill, but most kids do not think they may catch a round and come back in pieces.
I thought of all the National Guard and Reserve troops called up for duty. These kids thought they would get the benefits and never leave home.
I worked with a couple reserve units over the years and used to get called down by officers for wanting training to be more realistic and challenging.
They would say to back off, they're just reserves who will never see combat.

"There's a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness."
Dave Barry

Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4641124
09/10/14 10:54 AM
09/10/14 10:54 AM
Rochester MN-ish
D
Dawgcatcher Offline
trapper
Dawgcatcher  Offline
trapper
D

Rochester MN-ish
He could have left the beavers IN the truck, they probably wouldn't want it back after that...

I think many of us have been to that edge, but something held us back..

Whatsamatta boy? Don't you like clowns ?
Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4641130
09/10/14 10:59 AM
09/10/14 10:59 AM
Tipton, IN
T
Travis Wolford Offline
trapper
Travis Wolford  Offline
trapper
T

Tipton, IN
Something...yes what could that have been? Lol

it is not a stupid question if you do not know the answer
Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4641613
09/10/14 05:08 PM
09/10/14 05:08 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Good one Travis! Better one, V3N. ( I was a reservist. I doubt we could beat a pack of Cub Scouts ) Best one warrior! That whole

thing is a load of crap! How come practically nobody came back from WWII and Korea with PTSD. They saw more of the real thing than

anybody. I believe that we may be coming close to having an entirely automated military. Let's go with that!

Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4642317
09/10/14 10:49 PM
09/10/14 10:49 PM
California
B
Baxter Offline
trapper
Baxter  Offline
trapper
B

California
Paul they did come back with it, it was called "shell shock".

Aaron

Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4642811
09/11/14 10:12 AM
09/11/14 10:12 AM
Granbury, Texas
animaloutlaws Offline
trapper
animaloutlaws  Offline
trapper

Granbury, Texas
You can't teach common sense.

www.animaloutlaws.com - Animal Damage Control
www.coyotemedia.net - Wildlife Control Advertisement
Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4642836
09/11/14 10:34 AM
09/11/14 10:34 AM
New York
P
ponyboy Offline
trapper
ponyboy  Offline
trapper
P

New York
My grand dad was 14 years old and ran messages between lines during WW1. Never said one thing about what he saw over seas. He also drank a good bit when not working. Never had PTSD back then.

Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4642842
09/11/14 10:41 AM
09/11/14 10:41 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I know whereof you speak; My dad came back from the Philippines with "beer shock"! ( It took a lot of years to cure )

Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4644461
09/12/14 01:01 PM
09/12/14 01:01 PM
California
T
Throw Back Offline
trapper
Throw Back  Offline
trapper
T

California
Some people cope others don't. Being crazy going in and crazier coming out doesn't mean that ptsd isn't real. Drafting people who already have mental instabilities and telling them to get over it, after serving is pretty disrespectful to veterans who don't cope. Also, judging someone who has problems seeing and doing terrible thingsand having a hard time with them is disrespectful. The military can say they don't, but they want to train cold, callased, indifferent people. You can't force someone to kill and not expect problems.

Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4644881
09/12/14 05:57 PM
09/12/14 05:57 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Your last sentence said it all, Throw Back. The idea of an All Volunteer Military was great until everyone realized that they could

get a free college education. Now instead of killers, you've got the same college guys and gals that you had when I went in. ( The

draft days )I love the idea of drones. They get the right target and maintain the sanity of the troops and even if I was to get

killed by one,I probably wouldn't feel a thing.

Re: One of our own in the news, not good! [Re: warrior] #4645489
09/13/14 07:46 AM
09/13/14 07:46 AM
massachusetts
S
swampdonkey Offline
trapper
swampdonkey  Offline
trapper
S

massachusetts

Joe Robidoux