ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Never no what to expect #4626016
08/30/14 02:44 PM
08/30/14 02:44 PM
granville, ny
N
nadunbar Offline OP
trapper
nadunbar  Offline OP
trapper
N

granville, ny
So I got a call a few days ago about a possum inside an unfinished second story home that was finished four weeks ago. I went over did a full inspection and found no signs of possum nor did see any signs of animal entering into the home from outside , well I told the customer I could do trapping but seriously doubted an animal could survive four weeks of no food or water. He said he even saw the possum that was why he called, anyways this morning I got to the home the customer was all excited and met me at the door with a smile, we got the possum...I was surprised...what made me more surprised was the lack of animal identification by this customer as I had a skunk in my trap inside the unfinished second story....so I had a fun time getting this skunk through the home without it spraying....
Boy oh boy the things we see in this job

How do you explain a skunk in the second story? Living for four weeks?

Re: Never no what to expect [Re: nadunbar] #4626158
08/30/14 05:34 PM
08/30/14 05:34 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
nadunbar, you just explained perfectly why I am not able to give up this business. The stories, the fun, and the perplexities like

you just mentioned, are what makes our world go around. Take the hundreds of guys on here that read this stuff, add the thousands of

customers that I can tell these lunatic stories to, and you have ( As Rush Limbaugh would say ) "More Fun Than A Man Should Have!"

Re: Never no what to expect [Re: nadunbar] #4626246
08/30/14 07:05 PM
08/30/14 07:05 PM
SW Michigan
M
MuskratJoe Offline
trapper
MuskratJoe  Offline
trapper
M

SW Michigan
That is an amazing story!!! Here is another crazy one... About a month ago, I got a call from my customer that we had caught the groundhog we were after. It was in a poly trap so when I arrived I peeked in to see a raccoon. I informed the customer that it was a non-target. While carrying the trap back to my vehicle, I was cursing that darn poly trap, for being crazy heavy and awkward to carry. As it turned out, I took him back to the shop and opend the trap only to find Mr. Raccoon and a Woodchuck in the trap TOGETHER!!! Still alive!! Can some one explain that one to me??? That was an awkward call back to customer telling her we did indeed catch her woodchuck.

Re: Never no what to expect [Re: nadunbar] #4626388
08/30/14 09:29 PM
08/30/14 09:29 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
The only sensible explanation is that one was a male and the other a female. Which means that somewhere down the line you will have a

litter of either woodcoon or racchucks.

Re: Never no what to expect [Re: nadunbar] #4626817
08/31/14 08:25 AM
08/31/14 08:25 AM
granville, ny
N
nadunbar Offline OP
trapper
nadunbar  Offline OP
trapper
N

granville, ny
Man I've been working in the business for 3 months now and it's already been a job I wouldn't want to give up it really is a blast not knowing what to expect each day. The best part is if you go to a get together and people ask what you do for a living, your stories catch the attention and interests of a lot more people than the teachers and lawyer and financial people at the same party

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread