ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
start my own business #4620365
08/26/14 03:26 PM
08/26/14 03:26 PM
Manitowoc, wisconsin
DEWNMOUTAIN Offline OP
trapper
DEWNMOUTAIN  Offline OP
trapper

Manitowoc, wisconsin
Hello everyone,
Could someone point me in the right direction?
I was listening to CLint locklears podcast about trapping, and he was saying that all fur trappers should be a business. Now he rambled on and on, but it got me thinking that i had heard this once before. It took me a couple days and i finally recalled that i had heard it at my trapping certification class last year. The instructor said it in passing, that we should make a business and he said something about taxes, but i was too fired up for trapping that i didnt hear him properly.
So, i guess what i am looking for is a starting point. ive made the decision to create my own small business, but not sure where to go from here...

2018 season targets

coon 5
coyotes 2
Muskrats 2
Skunks 3
Beaver 1
Fox 1
Re: start my own business [Re: DEWNMOUTAIN] #4622100
08/27/14 08:12 PM
08/27/14 08:12 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
I'm assuming no one answered due to you asking about how to make fur trapping a business entity. Though folks on this forum often are fur trappers as well, true ADC trapping is a different animal thus your question seems more related to the trap talk side of this forum where guys who write off their time, equipment, etc... for fur season only could answer you.

If you are trying to do year round ADC work I think I'd add to my post so folks here know you want that, versus how to write off things for taxes for fur trapping.

Not sure if I'm right, but sounds like that is what you are asking?

Justin

Re: start my own business [Re: DEWNMOUTAIN] #4622442
08/27/14 10:50 PM
08/27/14 10:50 PM
lebanon,tn
smithco. trapper Offline
trapper
smithco. trapper  Offline
trapper

lebanon,tn
What he means is that you need to add your fur check into your taxes or you can get audited. He means that you need to treat it like a buisiness and treat your taxes like it is a buisiness that your making money from. But he also said that you don't need to worry about this unless you make over a grand a year. Taking your goals into consideration I don't really think you would have to but if you feel like it's needed then bye all means do it

15 years old
Re: start my own business [Re: DEWNMOUTAIN] #4622709
08/28/14 06:27 AM
08/28/14 06:27 AM
Central Ohio
Dirk Shearer Offline
trapper
Dirk Shearer  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
If you are interested in starting any small business (regardless of what you will be doing) contact your Small Business Administration to find the proper steps for your state.

You may need a business license, venders license, insurance, register with the state Auditor or AG etc. Each state is different.

Dirk E. Shearer, President
The Wildlife Control Company, Inc.
"Cause if you won't put your real name on it, you probably shouldn't hit send"
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread