ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Record-able Electronic Game Callers #4613928
08/21/14 08:53 PM
08/21/14 08:53 PM
Nashville, Tennessee
J
John Pearson Offline OP
trapper
John Pearson  Offline OP
trapper
J

Nashville, Tennessee
We have a sparrow job in a grocery store and need to find an electronic caller that has a sparrow sound (fox pro says they don't have it) or capability to download sounds from the web. The bird is on to us as far as shooting, we took out it's partner and can't get within 30'. Mist nets have not worked either.

May have to use a youtube video on my phone. Anyone have any better suggestions?

John
Re: Record-able Electronic Game Callers [Re: John Pearson] #4613959
08/21/14 09:13 PM
08/21/14 09:13 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
How big is the store? Is there just one bird? Is the store open 24/7? Try keeping the bird flying until it can not fly anymore. If it is one of those super stores different story.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Record-able Electronic Game Callers [Re: John Pearson] #4614018
08/21/14 09:34 PM
08/21/14 09:34 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
we had one like that. we pushed the bird not hard but just hard enough to see where it like to go and we stationed a guy at that spot somewhat hide. shot it butt LOL

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Record-able Electronic Game Callers [Re: John Pearson] #4614020
08/21/14 09:35 PM
08/21/14 09:35 PM
Nashville, Tennessee
J
John Pearson Offline OP
trapper
John Pearson  Offline OP
trapper
J

Nashville, Tennessee
Hi Everet,
Yes it's a huge store, 24/7 and one bird left . We have the regional contract with this chain and have always used the bird sled, trapper's glue or nets.
This one is different.
Have to set up a ground blind in the store and call in the culprit. One of the techs was able to bring it close with his iphone but would like a more professional and reliable sound source.

John
Re: Record-able Electronic Game Callers [Re: John Pearson] #4614458
08/22/14 08:56 AM
08/22/14 08:56 AM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
I will see if I can get something for ya. sparrow right

Ron Jones
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Record-able Electronic Game Callers [Re: John Pearson] #4614541
08/22/14 10:21 AM
08/22/14 10:21 AM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
Some sparrow sounds- http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/house_sparrow/sounds

A couple of years ago I purchased a Sony IC Recorder ICD-PX312, $70.00 at Wal-Mart. I often download sounds off the “net” by placing it near my computer speakers. It has a REPEAT function that allows the sound to keep repeating. To capture the sounds of feeding sparrows, spread birdseed in a small area and set the recorder there.

Sony IC Recorder ICD-PX312 Operators Manual- https://docs.sony.com/release/ICDPX312.pdf

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: Record-able Electronic Game Callers [Re: John Pearson] #4616477
08/23/14 05:12 PM
08/23/14 05:12 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
It is hard to get clear crisp sound without spending a ton of bucks. I am working on the squirrel and coon sounds now, because so many are asking me to, but I just can't get it right. The sparrow sounds will be easier to get just need to get the right sounds. Never really thought about calling birds till now, but have done it out in the woods with my mouth so why wouldn't it work in a control job. I assume the best sounds for this type of work will be the chirps when they are pair calling at the nest in the spring, or even any time. The body language I have noticed at this time of year with the notes are positive. If you took out the mate then those mate type sounds will work good. same as with the mate sounds when we take one of a pair of geese and call the lone one back. feeding sounds I assume also will be for the most part positive, but I have seen sparrows feeding and get into little tiffs. so those feeding sounds will call the birds, but may also keep the timid birds from coming real close. I am thinking with my fingers so may be wrong. Sorry for the rambling.

Ron Jones
Friend me on FaceBook
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread