ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Gopher poison in MN #4609809
08/19/14 01:47 PM
08/19/14 01:47 PM
ID-40
J
johnsd16 Offline OP
trapper
johnsd16  Offline OP
trapper
J

ID-40
Got a question for you ADC guys. I gopher trap for a few friends/farmers off and on and do well with death clutches and #0LS but I have a place that I need a little extra long term treatment for. Its a 6ac hay field that I started on in 2012. I've taken around 50 gophers off of it and the spring activity there this year was really minimal. Very few new mounds when prior to the the whole field was getting turned over in mounds. I figured I had it down to a few stragglers, maybe 6-8 by the locations of the mound clusters. I caught 4 large gophers in April I think and the place went cold. It is a 25mi drive so I don't like going there if I don't have to. I got called back by my friend and there was a pretty good up-tick in activity. I went back and there were several spots of really tightly clustered mounds, small caliber tunnels and lots of feed tunnels. I have caught another 6 with most being smaller animals. I know I need to trap them down again but I want to leave some poison in this fall/winter to hopefully really knock them back. What is the best stuff available to residents? I know I need to get it into main tunnels and not in vents/exits and feed tunnels. I want to trap them until things settle down and leave poision behind when I close up. Think this will be effective in finishing off some of the stragglers? This guy will always have some coming in on the perimeter, but I find that much easier to deal with if you can wipe them out of the middle of the field.

I appreicate your thoughts. I am in MN in case that has an impact as to what I can use or buy.

Re: Gopher poison in MN [Re: johnsd16] #4610877
08/19/14 10:10 PM
08/19/14 10:10 PM
Woodhull, Illinois 77
J
Jim Bethell Offline
trapper
Jim Bethell  Offline
trapper
J

Woodhull, Illinois 77
Not sure about MN, but in Illinois, you need a special license for chemicals of any kind..

Re: Gopher poison in MN [Re: johnsd16] #4610970
08/19/14 10:54 PM
08/19/14 10:54 PM
North Branch MN
L
Lundy Offline
trapper
Lundy  Offline
trapper
L

North Branch MN
Check with the Dept of Ag. Doing it for hire you probably need some kind of license, maybe several.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread