ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Managing a hive for hire #4610510
08/19/14 08:00 PM
08/19/14 08:00 PM
Blandinsville, IL
H
huntin86 Offline OP
trapper
huntin86  Offline OP
trapper
H

Blandinsville, IL
Hi guys,
I got a call yesterday to remove bees from a porch in a church. I told the priest that it is a little late to be doing a trap out/cut out now, but i would do it next spring. He would also like to keep a hive or 2 possibly at the chuch but wants someone to manage it for them. Anyone ever done any kind of work like this before not sure how to charge to take care of a hive for someone. It is about 40 miles round trip from my house and other bee yards so kind of out of my way.

Jordan Ruebush
Ruebush Wildlife Control
Re: Managing a hive for hire [Re: huntin86] #4610519
08/19/14 08:03 PM
08/19/14 08:03 PM
Southern Utah
histopicker Offline
trapper
histopicker  Offline
trapper

Southern Utah
Talk him into letting it bee your hive and pay them with honey for keeping it there at the church.

Re: Managing a hive for hire [Re: huntin86] #4611916
08/20/14 04:16 PM
08/20/14 04:16 PM
Indiana
V3N Offline
trapper
V3N  Offline
trapper

Indiana
I have had customers that were the same way. I hived "their" bees and placed them in a corner of the property.
Management to me meant doing an inspection every now and then and advising them if the hive needed anything.
Harvest was never mentioned and I charged for my time and any hardware needed.
Keep in mind that sooner or later the Sunday School Boys will go mess with that hive. Do you want the liability of it being YOUR hive?

Last edited by V3N; 08/20/14 04:17 PM.

"There's a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness."
Dave Barry

Re: Managing a hive for hire [Re: V3N] #4611953
08/20/14 04:39 PM
08/20/14 04:39 PM
Blandinsville, IL
H
huntin86 Offline OP
trapper
huntin86  Offline OP
trapper
H

Blandinsville, IL
No i definatly do not want the liability of it being my hive, i prefer to have my hives out of view from most people for that very reason. But unfortunatly i went to do an inspection of the job today and the "honey bees" were in face yellowjackets, and on top of that the town has an ordenance of no beekeeping, bummer i really like doing bee jobs unless someone wants bees cut out from the inside of their house which is a huge pain.

Jordan Ruebush
Ruebush Wildlife Control
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread