ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Insurance for bat removal #4597193
08/10/14 11:55 PM
08/10/14 11:55 PM
South Central Illinois
F
Frank Bates Offline OP
trapper
Frank Bates  Offline OP
trapper
F

South Central Illinois
I had a client turn in an insurance claim for the bats in her attic. They will pay for me to exclude the bats but not for the attic clean out. However they will pay for new insulation. They told her the guano on the fiberglass is a pollutant and will not pay to remove it. Anybody ever heard of that one?

Re: Insurance for bat removal [Re: Frank Bates] #4597321
08/11/14 06:24 AM
08/11/14 06:24 AM
Florida
B
bjansma Offline
trapper
bjansma  Offline
trapper
B

Florida
Sounds like Allstate. I had the same situation. Also, had a customer file a claim with AAA a week ago that was that told her they would no longer be covering bats as of Sep 1st of this year.

Bob Jansma
Re: Insurance for bat removal [Re: Frank Bates] #4597380
08/11/14 08:35 AM
08/11/14 08:35 AM
OH
Eric Arnold Offline
trapper
Eric Arnold  Offline
trapper

OH
Most insurance companies will not pay for "waste" removal; however, a good number will pay something towards replacement of damaged materials. A lot of this depends on how your quote is written. For instance, writing that you will remove damaged insulation MAY get better results than saying you will remove bat guano.

It really comes down to the adjuster first and the insurance company second. And with all the claims from weather damage over the last several years along with more contractors getting into the "clean-out" business (vac's are now a standard item in the ABC Supply catalog) for additional income, expect more denials and reduced insurance payments.

Eric Arnold
Publishing Editor W.C.T. Magazine
Editor The Fur Taker Magazine
Re: Insurance for bat removal [Re: Frank Bates] #4597627
08/11/14 12:46 PM
08/11/14 12:46 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
What Eric said, I've had only a handful with insurance involved, but they all depended clearly on those other variables, including the agency, the client, the adjuster, etc...

I've had adjusters tell the folks we'll pay for this if it was damage caused by... While others from the same large national company have just written a check for all related including exclusion...

Also believe it depends on the clients relationship with their insurer, if they just send a check in monthly like I do and don't know my agent, I'm not likely going to get the gold service others do who know and work with their agent more through the years for various home insurance issues.

Re: Insurance for bat removal [Re: Frank Bates] #4597884
08/11/14 04:08 PM
08/11/14 04:08 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I think it would be of great value to the insurance buyers of America if we could somehow pool our resources and develop a list of

companies that paid well, little, or not at all for the various attic work we do. What would happen if we decided not to pay the

entire insurance premium because the coverage is less? Although that sounds absolutely fair to me, I bet the insurance companies

would probably get really mad and cancel your policy. ( Which would leave you free to buy from someone who gave better coverage )

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread