ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Tomahawk/HSUS thread. #4588480
08/05/14 01:48 PM
08/05/14 01:48 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia

[Linked Image]
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4588618
08/05/14 03:34 PM
08/05/14 03:34 PM
Ohio
Holt Offline
trapper
Holt  Offline
trapper

Ohio
They are in the business of selling traps. Looking at photos of T.N.R. groups that use their line of traps and the sheer number of traps these groups are buying from them it would be a horrible business decision not to sell to them. Anyone else ordering 50+ traps at a time?

And lets face it HSUS is now in the business of providing wildlife control on a commercial basis. I personally have been outspoken on that threat for years and for the most part it has fallen on deaf ears.

Greg, Jen, Kyle and family have been supportive of our industry for years and I expect that support to continue. Great people, great products it surprises me not one bit that other groups besides our industry would choose their products.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4588650
08/05/14 04:03 PM
08/05/14 04:03 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
MARK THIS ONE DOWN: Mr. Holt made a post that I agree with in its entirety! And as for not selling your product being a horrible

business decision, it's probably also a very easy way to wind up in court on the wrong side of a lawsuit. I hate to admit it

Charles, but you nailed this one! ( Could I be getting mellow in my senior years? )

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4588687
08/05/14 04:33 PM
08/05/14 04:33 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
Sanity hit the board. smile

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4588693
08/05/14 04:38 PM
08/05/14 04:38 PM
Chauncey, Ohio
W
wormbobskey Offline
trapper
wormbobskey  Offline
trapper
W

Chauncey, Ohio
To my way of thinking the big question is, is HSUS using these cage traps and following the laws pertaining to the capture of these animals? Here in Ohio we must euthanize any animals caught. Are they doing the same? I think the DNR should be watching the HSUS closely.

OSTA
Lanums ADC & Repair
We don't do bugs
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4588700
08/05/14 04:47 PM
08/05/14 04:47 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
The cool thing....they are using the same tomahawk or COMSTOCK traps many of you use. That should make ya'll feel good!

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4588739
08/05/14 05:20 PM
08/05/14 05:20 PM
Ohio
Holt Offline
trapper
Holt  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Paul,

I think we agree on a lot more issues than we disagree on. It just so happens the issues we disagree on create an emotional response from both of us. But I agree this is one "issue" we will always agree on! smile

Wormbobskey,

Relocation could be an issue but with release on site (reuniting of wildlife family)or one-way doors being available to them may not be as much of an issue as HSUS approaching regulators, city councils and others requiring operators to adopt their method of wildlife control based on feel good trash science.

Last edited by Holt; 08/05/14 06:22 PM.
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4588741
08/05/14 05:21 PM
08/05/14 05:21 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
wormbobskey, this is for your eyes only! ( Everybody else, close your eyes ) There is not a single organization that I am aware of

that is as universally despised for doing nothing but taking the money and prying at the hearts of elderly people, like HSUS! They

are, from everything I have read, some of the most despicable, so called, animal experts on the face of the earth. Oppositely, their

contributors may be some of the most wonderful, caring, and perhaps, somewhat misinformed people on that same earth! My job and

yours, as I see it, is to convince people by our looks and actions, that we care a lot more about the welfare of every species native

to our area, than anybody else! You are in your customer's phone book. Use it, intelligently!

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4588775
08/05/14 05:56 PM
08/05/14 05:56 PM
Chauncey, Ohio
W
wormbobskey Offline
trapper
wormbobskey  Offline
trapper
W

Chauncey, Ohio
Agree 100% Paul.

OSTA
Lanums ADC & Repair
We don't do bugs
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4588839
08/05/14 06:52 PM
08/05/14 06:52 PM
OH
Eric Arnold Offline
trapper
Eric Arnold  Offline
trapper

OH
Just to clarify the Ohio laws.

To start, the law is release on-site, relocate, or euthanize nuisance wild animals. The only animals we must euthanize are beaver, coyote, fox [red or gray], opossum, raccoon, and skunk. You are also allowed to use lethal means of control on these species.

All the following mammals can be relocated, euthanized or killed (to include lethal means of control) at the discretion of the CNWACO: rats [roof and Norway], mice [house, Deer, Meadow Jumping, Woodland Jumping, White-footed] chipmunks, shrews [Least, Northern short-tailed, Pygmy, Smoky], moles [Easter, Hairy tailed, Start-nosed], voles [Meadow, Pine, Southern Red-backed], squirrels [red, gray, fox, flying], woodchucks and muskrat.

Any mink, river otter, badger, bobcat, weasel [least, long-tailed], cotton-tailed rabbit, southern bog lemming, or thirteen-lined ground squirrel must be relocated unless you have a letter of permission from division of wildlife.

Special permission is required to trap or capture: Black bears, White-tailed deer, Snowshoe hares, Indiana bats, Northern long-eared bats, Allegheny woodrats, and Eastern harvest mice.

Eric Arnold
Publishing Editor W.C.T. Magazine
Editor The Fur Taker Magazine
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4588875
08/05/14 07:21 PM
08/05/14 07:21 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Since I always figure I'm the sharpest knife in the drawer, I begrudgingly admit defeat! Thanks Charles! ( Am I the only one that

noticed that it's a lot easier to be mean to someone on-line than it is to be mean in person? ) I'm not sure if everyone who reads

our posts is aware, but Mr. Holt, Mr. Dave K, & a host of others on here that I've disagreed with, are really people that I admire

and have considered them my friends for some time. ( No, I'm right and they're wrong. I'm not admitting defeat entirely; That's

what us more mature people do. ) Do you have grandparents? Think about it.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4588974
08/05/14 08:12 PM
08/05/14 08:12 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
This was just posted on trapper talk forum:

Quote:
Kyle with Tomahawk is not a member here so he asked me to post this response.

There is no relationship between Tomahawk Live Trap and the HSUS. We sell traps and animal equipment to anyone that will purchase them because that is our business. We take pride in our work and strive to manufacture the best equipment available for all of our customers. Our products are used by ADC Professionals, Fur Takers, Researchers, Animal Control Officers, Cat Organizations, Dog Rescue Groups, Zoos, Vet Offices, Government Organizations and homeowners around the world. It would be a terrible business decision for us to discriminate against anyone and most likely illegal.

Response to our facebook page comments: We would love to see more of your pictures and stories on our facebook page. Social media is very largely dominated by cat trapping organizations and really anything to do with cats in general. Have you seen this grumpy cat? He is everywhere! We have had many photo contests on our facebook page and yet we do not receive very many pictures of ADC work. We would LOVE to see more of it. Please send us your pictures and stories! We also send out a quarterly newsletter and have started a “featured trapper” article. If you are interested or would like to nominate someone please send your info to kyle@livetrap.com.

Response to HSUS Donations: Tomahawk Live Trap does not donate money to the HSUS. As a manufacturer of animal equipment we have professional relationships with various companies and organizations. We are the sole manufacturers of the Comstock Series line of traps and we pay a royalty to the Comstock family for each Comstock trap we sell because he designed the trap. We also have a similar relationship with the Neighborhood Cats organization. They designed and market a series of cat traps and we pay a $1.00 fee to Neighborhood Cats for each one of their traps sold.

Thank you,

Kyle

The Real Reasons Animals Are Detecting Your Sets And Devices by Kirk Dekalb
https://amzn.to/2Hn1hxv
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4589017
08/05/14 08:43 PM
08/05/14 08:43 PM
Ohio
Holt Offline
trapper
Holt  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Thanks Kirk. Must of put on wrong thread.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4589284
08/05/14 11:02 PM
08/05/14 11:02 PM
Tipton, IN
T
Travis Wolford Offline
trapper
Travis Wolford  Offline
trapper
T

Tipton, IN
I agree with lots of things said in the responces above. Obviously we shouldn't hold it against the folks at Tomahawk for making a quality product that everyone wants to buy....and you know making a living. That would be like me refusing to talk to Paul or Charles because they provided service for a big nasty left wing athiest. Which most likey we have all done wether we know it or not. I also agree that the biggest supporters of those no accounts are the best people with a heart of gold trying to do the right thing. The thing this week that saddened me the most with the HSUS thing is Muck Boots donating a bunch of money to them. I love my Mucks, now I don't know if I will be able to bring myself to buy another pair. Now that my friends is the difference, selling your products to worthless no goods makes you a law abbiding citizen and a good buisness man. GIVING money to the enemy, now there's grounds for a revolt. Charles is also correct about the preaching about hsus moving in our buisness, also the pest control companys. Those 2 groups have been a threat since I started 15yrs ago...now its no longer a threat but a reality. Some of you guys took heed of this and have rolled with the punches, by being liscensed PCO's and setting your companys a cut above the rest. This has been accomplished with continued education, add on services and most importantly superior customer service. PCo's are very good with customer service when its profitable, since the ones I have seen try to run WC like PC it will never be profitable so they cease to be competition. Sure they will do the WC for their slumlord appartments and the like but who in their right mind wants that headache to deal with. So simply educate yourselves, your employees and your clients and give them the best service that money can buy.

it is not a stupid question if you do not know the answer
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: Travis Wolford] #4589306
08/05/14 11:12 PM
08/05/14 11:12 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
Charles, Paul and Kyle said it all I can't add anything.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4589312
08/05/14 11:15 PM
08/05/14 11:15 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Good post Travis. I'm new to the Muck Boots thing, but letting them know exactly how you feel and why, is very important. This gives

them an opportunity to defend their actions and gives you an opportunity to reassert your feelings. Once you have them on paper, you

are in a position to really effect their sales. Although different sporting groups have been known to dislike one another, they have

also been known to take groups like HSUS very seriously!

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4589427
08/06/14 04:11 AM
08/06/14 04:11 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
There's plenty of good trap makers out there no point in buying tomahawk traps they wanta play with HSUS wonder how tomahawk pays out to be a link on the HSUS web site . I about fell over seeing the demo list at the NTA nationals this year seeing a guy doing a demo for tomahawk trap company .

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: Peskycritter] #4589575
08/06/14 09:27 AM
08/06/14 09:27 AM
Hazelhurst, WI 54531
Tomahawk Offline
trapper
Tomahawk  Offline
trapper

Hazelhurst, WI 54531
My registration has been approved so I may now directly respond to any questions on this topic.

Last edited by Tomahawk; 08/07/14 08:17 AM.

Tomahawk Live Trap

-Always Improving
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4589679
08/06/14 10:53 AM
08/06/14 10:53 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Pesky, if someone asked you to recommend cage traps for let's say, raccoon, woodchuck, and squirrel, which cages would they be?

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4589779
08/06/14 12:25 PM
08/06/14 12:25 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
tomahawk,,,,,dobbins does not allow links to anti's web sites

Last edited by Vinke; 08/06/14 12:26 PM.

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread