ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4589835
08/06/14 01:24 PM
08/06/14 01:24 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
Why pick on anyone? Ya'all should just get along. The biggest threat to the business... Is ourselves.

http://www.birdbarrier.com/content/tag/humane-society/

Then there is a bat thingie...
http://www.birdfighter.com/index.php/bat-and-rodent-control-products/bat-and-rodent-control.html

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4590052
08/06/14 04:15 PM
08/06/14 04:15 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Wrong Dave! The biggest threat to our business is people with the skill to convince Pesky and others that a company like Tomahawk

would support an incredible bunch of crooks like HSUS. Whoever thought of this ploy in the HSUS office, probably got a winter home in

the Bahamas. I am reasonably sure that the protectionist groups are not very happy that we, as an industry, are as successful as we

are. Look at it from their point of view: they made millions of dollars by doing nothing more than advertising. Now we come along and

actually provide a service and apparently are cutting into their profits big time. Education really sucks for some, apparently!

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4590061
08/06/14 04:25 PM
08/06/14 04:25 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Paul, you are right. I didn't think tomahawk was that foolish when I started this thread. Figured it should be aired out before it hit the gossip mill.
I can't fault tomahawk one bit for selling to all comers, heck most of us deal with that sort every day.
We got to stick together and lose the holier than though attitudes.

[Linked Image]
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4590091
08/06/14 04:45 PM
08/06/14 04:45 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
I'm not so sure they convinced pesky. But, you will have to ask him. Depending on the answer, one of us will be right.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4590103
08/06/14 04:52 PM
08/06/14 04:52 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
By the way, warrior, I really applaud you for starting this whole thing in the first place! And your closing sentence is something

that I will try to remember verbatim. ( David knows what verbatim means; His mom taught English. )

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4590127
08/06/14 05:11 PM
08/06/14 05:11 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Hey Dave, Pesky is entitled to his own opinion and all I'm trying to find out is what that opinion is. I, personally, gave Pesky a

lot of heat that he didn't deserve. The truth is that I should make the pilgrimage to Michigan and meet you, Krier, Pesky, and all

the other Michiganites on their own turf. ( After that trip, I would be featured in one of those infamous Michigan commercials )

Last edited by Paul Winkelmann; 08/06/14 05:12 PM.
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4590132
08/06/14 05:15 PM
08/06/14 05:15 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
Of course...and like any trapperman...has one. That is precisely my point.

Yes, come on over....

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4590204
08/06/14 06:00 PM
08/06/14 06:00 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Paul,,,, you can come to WA, OR, CA, Arizona or CO (soon)and visit me....... whistle

(Steak is on me,,,,,,)

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4590770
08/06/14 11:00 PM
08/06/14 11:00 PM
Lake Co.IL
Alpha Backflow Offline
trapper
Alpha Backflow  Offline
trapper

Lake Co.IL
So many cats, so little space! If storing the box traps you need to TNR cats in your community is a problem, you should know about the new Neighborhood Cats Collapsible Trap. It's got all the strength and features of a standard box trap plus an ingenuous design that folds perfectly flat when the trap isn't in use.

The Neighborhood Cats Collapsible Trap is made by Tomahawk Live Trap. It folds flat or sets up within seconds - no tools required! This trap is the perfect choice whenever storage is limited. Whether you're a trapper with a city apartment and overstuffed closets, or a busy shelter interested in maintaining a trap bank for your community, the NC Collapsible Trap can help!

Tomahawk introduced the Neighborhood Cats Collapsible Trap at The Humane Society of the United States annual EXPO, held May 20-23, 2014 in Daytona Beach. Hundreds of conference-goers had the chance to collapse and un-collapse the trap for themselves and most said things like "Amazing!" and "Incredible!". The collapsible trap is available now from Tomahawk for $75.00 ($67.50 when ordering 6 or more). For specifications and to place an order click here.

A portion of proceeds from each trap will be donated by Tomahawk to support The Humane Society of the United States' community cat programs.

Read the bottom line. Its just like paying taxes they say its to pay for one thing and they use it for what ever they want. In my eye's they are giving money to the HUSA. I will not toss my Tomahawk traps but I sure will not buy anymore.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4590943
08/07/14 12:16 AM
08/07/14 12:16 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Please post a link to your source. That concerns me greatly. One thing to sell to the enemy another thing all together to attend their expo and share revenue.

[Linked Image]
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4591006
08/07/14 01:39 AM
08/07/14 01:39 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Tomahawk is a sponsor of the HSUS convention and the only trap company invited so be like saying water is not wet this stuff has been all over face book not only thing that has come to lite ether but I'm not going to bring up all that dirt .
Paul asked which company I think makes a good trap . Williams trap last life time . Wickacamp great trap little over priced IMO but great trap to work with high catch rate on both these traps . Advanced trap played with that trap at the nationals amazing Kirk can turn a profit with the quality that's put into that trap . Shop.snaresandtraps.com former owner of tomahawk trap company designer of the tomahawk line of traps also still uses American made wire . I think the basic coon trap tomahawk design American wire is 45 bucks . Catch poles parts still made and temperd in wi . One more thing tomahawk has never denied being a sponsor of HSUS and that's fine with me they wish to go there surely free to do so but don't expect to see a nickel of my money again good luck with the cat crazys all I can say .

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4591137
08/07/14 08:48 AM
08/07/14 08:48 AM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
Paul...perhaps we are both right?

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4591239
08/07/14 10:06 AM
08/07/14 10:06 AM
Hazelhurst, WI 54531
Tomahawk Offline
trapper
Tomahawk  Offline
trapper

Hazelhurst, WI 54531
Our final response on this subject:

It is a fact that Tomahawk Live Trap does not donate money to the HSUS. As a manufacturer of animal equipment we have professional relationships with various companies and organizations. We have a relationship with the Neighborhood Cats organization. They designed and market a series of cat traps and we pay a $1.00 fee to Neighborhood Cats for each one of their traps sold. It would be a terrible business decision for us to discriminate against anyone and most likely illegal. We respect everyone’s opinions and wish you all the best in the future.

Thank you,
Kyle

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: Peskycritter] #4591480
08/07/14 01:00 PM
08/07/14 01:00 PM
Lake Co.IL
Alpha Backflow Offline
trapper
Alpha Backflow  Offline
trapper

Lake Co.IL
Originally Posted By: Peskycritter
Tomahawk is a sponsor of the HSUS convention and the only trap company invited so be like saying water is not wet this stuff has been all over face book not only thing that has come to lite ether but I'm not going to bring up all that dirt .
Paul asked which company I think makes a good trap . Williams trap last life time . Wickacamp great trap little over priced IMO but great trap to work with high catch rate on both these traps . Advanced trap played with that trap at the nationals amazing Kirk can turn a profit with the quality that's put into that trap . Shop.snaresandtraps.com former owner of tomahawk trap company designer of the tomahawk line of traps also still uses American made wire . I think the basic coon trap tomahawk design American wire is 45 bucks . Catch poles parts still made and temperd in wi . One more thing tomahawk has never denied being a sponsor of HSUS and that's fine with me they wish to go there surely free to do so but don't expect to see a nickel of my money again good luck with the cat crazys all I can say .

Funny thing the last part on the site was removed by this morning. It was there last night. lol I am sure anti's buy stuff from other trap dealer's and lure makers to solve problem they have with animals. But I can bet you they would not get discounts or money donated to HSUS if they were buying things from Paul or MTP ect. Its one thing to take money for something you sell but its another to give money back to HSUS. JMO But with that I am done with tomahawk and would highly discourage any trappers or ADC workers to support them. Just the fact it was took down in less then 12 hours is what shocked me! If you or they have nothing to hide then why work on getting it removed so quickly? Thats all I am done.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4591525
08/07/14 01:31 PM
08/07/14 01:31 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
Ya'll are silly. The more folks that use the same live traps that you use...the better. The more traps Tomahawk sells...the better. Don't ya'll want strong infrastructure for this industry?

Everytime an industry magazine...manufacturing facility...inventor...or organization get's going....someone has to tear it down. It's silly. Such a divided group...

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4591654
08/07/14 03:24 PM
08/07/14 03:24 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
JMO as someone who walks the line himself, two of my biggest lead sources are a couple of Atlanta's biggest anti outfits, I think tomahawk crossed the line. Decide what you will but I've made my decision.

[Linked Image]
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4591892
08/07/14 05:30 PM
08/07/14 05:30 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
This is some really serious stuff, and as a big promoter of Tomahawk Traps, I really need to know what you all are talking about! I

had no clue of anything unusual, then I find that there are some pretty serious accusations about the support given to & taken from

Tomahawk Traps. I would really like some very truthful information about what is going on from both sides. I know the entire Smith

family ( They own Tomahawk Traps ) and I have enjoyed them all! I have been to their plant as many of you know by reading my column

in WCT magazine. Unfortunately, my extreme dislike for an organization like the HSUS, trumps any bonds that HSUS has with the

Smiths. If, as warrior has said, there is an unbelievable conflict of interest, I really would like to know. ( And if there is, it

would probably break my heart!

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4592391
08/07/14 09:54 PM
08/07/14 09:54 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
Probably Mr. Winkelmann is the only one who can speak for the dynamic in 1925 when the Smith family saw an opportunity and started making traps for primarily for local animal shelters, aspca's or humane societies. HSUS and WCO's were not even on Nostradamas's radar.
I discreetly do work for hsus contributor's and peta members. I have been a board member and president of our local "humane society" which many people have said it is an oxymoron. Most used to be concentrated on animal welfare not animal rights hovever that has evolved. I think I was able to influence the rational involvement in animal rights issues. I resigned when I saw the alley cat movement overtaking the concern for all life. We started to support these programs without concern for wildlife. If anyone has ever watched a cat kill it is not a euthanasia it is a killing by a serial killer. If trap nueter and release would cure a serial killer we should have done that to Ted Bundy. He could have been a very productive citizen if we could have cured that murderous (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman).
I was able to leave that behind without harming my ability to support my family.
I know the Smith family particularly the 3rd and 4th generation currently owning and operating tomahawk.
I see them supporting FTA, NTA, WCT, and NWCOA and they hunt throughout the U.S.
The same tool Tomahawk sells to form a cat colony can also be used to wipe out a cat colony. I wish they weren't giving a dollar to these misguided cat people but if I owned a trap making company I'm not sure I wouldn't do it. The next time you order traps from Tomahawk ask them if they would donate a dollar to your state trapping asso. or state wco asso. or NWCOA I bet they would do it. Giving a dollar to a group is like paying for a click on your web site, or mentioning an add you get a discount.
I have rambled on this post because the question and the answer are not simple.
If I owned tomahawk I would sell the cat trap to anyone wanting to tnr or euthanize a cat colony. I may agree with one side or the other but I would sell to both. I'd sell a hammer to someone building something or someone tearing down something.
I have never beento an HSUS meeting but I have been to FTANTANWCOAWCT and several local trapping associations and have always seen Tomahawk there supporting us and for that I am going to continue to support Tomahawk and buy hormel meats which is where Greg worked for years until he and Jenny bought the family business.
One last thing they are made in America where the eating of cats is still a silent minority and that means something to me.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4592403
08/07/14 09:58 PM
08/07/14 09:58 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
Ahhhh....there is hope.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4592473
08/07/14 10:28 PM
08/07/14 10:28 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I don't know about the rest of you that are reading this post but here is what I know: I have never talked to a single person that

was a rehabber or worked for the local humane societies that did not show the same amount of disgust for the Humane Society of the

United States as I have. The usual quote is "They have the funds to do so much for animals and they basically do nothing!"

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread