ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Weasels? #4583381
08/01/14 07:26 PM
08/01/14 07:26 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Since I grew up in an agricultural area, I was told from young on, that I would rarely see a weasel, as these were deep woods

animals and didn't care much for country living. Well they seem to have adapted to the suburbs just fine and seem to prefer the

more upscale homes to raise their young in. I just released one in my backyard to hopefully take care of the vermin. I'm guessing

that this is about the tenth year in a row that we've removed at least one family of weasels from a home. Any of you having similar

experiences?

Re: Weasels? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4583622
08/01/14 09:33 PM
08/01/14 09:33 PM
N Central Iowa
iayogi17 Offline
trapper
iayogi17  Offline
trapper

N Central Iowa
I live and work in the black desert of IA we have weasels in the heavy ag world. I have only done one job with weasels in the hen house though

Brad Mohr
Re: Weasels? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4584036
08/02/14 07:09 AM
08/02/14 07:09 AM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
I don't think your weasel is going to stay Paul. They tend to move around a little. unless you have chickens!!!!!! Most likely try to get home. I don't know how far they will travel before setting up on a new home area, but they will move like coon and skunks. Had a weasel once running around a flower shop for a few days. By the way in NJ the weasel is always found in the farming and housing sections

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Weasels? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4587695
08/04/14 09:54 PM
08/04/14 09:54 PM
Southern Michigan
Cooner22 Offline
trapper
Cooner22  Offline
trapper

Southern Michigan
I've never seen a weasel or sign of a weasel, it's kinda odd. I do have a couple locations in mind though to look for tracks this winter.

"Not everything on the internet can be believed."
-Abraham Lincoln
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread