ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Rednecks Pride Outdoors tonight #4577020
07/28/14 05:27 PM
07/28/14 05:27 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline OP
trapper
Jonesie  Offline OP
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Hey before Mike's show tonight may want to listen in on this one. we are talking bow fishing I know some one on here can figure out how to turn this into adc work LOL

Last edited by Jonesie; 07/28/14 05:27 PM.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Rednecks Pride Outdoors tonight [Re: Jonesie] #4577138
07/28/14 06:53 PM
07/28/14 06:53 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
Is Mike doing podcast now? are u? how do we get on ?

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: Rednecks Pride Outdoors tonight [Re: Jonesie] #4577523
07/28/14 09:54 PM
07/28/14 09:54 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline OP
trapper
Jonesie  Offline OP
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
I just assumed that Mike had a show tonight maybe he didn't. Mine is 8 pm and his is 9pm on Mondays unless something changed. here is my link http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=129592&cmd=tc and here is his http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=131835&cmd=tc next Monday I will be doing a trapping show. Also I want to Thank Kevin Dahn for coming on tonight, we did a few shows in the past with each other always a pleasure.

Ron Jones
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Rednecks Pride Outdoors tonight [Re: Jonesie] #4582532
08/01/14 06:22 AM
08/01/14 06:22 AM
Luray,VA
M
Mike Hurley Offline
trapper
Mike Hurley  Offline
trapper
M

Luray,VA
Hey Ron
Our Podcasts are off for the summer, we are starting back in September.
Mike Flick is out being pulled about 80 mph behind a boat in a truck inner tube breaking fingers.
He will be back with us after he has had enough fun!!
I am in the process of moving some things around for the summer, including myself.
So we will be back on air in Sept.

My office lady called your office lady the other day, we need some bait!

Re: Rednecks Pride Outdoors tonight [Re: Jonesie] #4583278
08/01/14 06:28 PM
08/01/14 06:28 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline OP
trapper
Jonesie  Offline OP
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Mike is going through his second and 3nd child hood LOL Tell him to stop! and wait for me to come and play LOL I will get back to ya. hey I will see ya down in KY right?

Ron Jones
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Rednecks Pride Outdoors tonight [Re: Jonesie] #4586556
08/04/14 07:32 AM
08/04/14 07:32 AM
Luray,VA
M
Mike Hurley Offline
trapper
Mike Hurley  Offline
trapper
M

Luray,VA
Yep, we will be there in full force again this year. I think Im on schedule for a ad class.
Busy time for us, we are going to move our office that month too.....
How is the world treating you up north?

Re: Rednecks Pride Outdoors tonight [Re: Jonesie] #4586627
08/04/14 09:15 AM
08/04/14 09:15 AM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline OP
trapper
Jonesie  Offline OP
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Hogs, skunks, coon really busy, squirrels down about 75%. Seems the coon are keeping the squirrels out of the houses. Hope it picks up here soon as I need new pics of squirrel work for the WCT talk LOL The bats are here in the area in good numbers, but the calls of inquiry are real low. People are telling me as I talk to them they just can't afford the quotes they are getting. The bat job itself is not bad but then add on a 3 to 5k clean out, The homeowners are doing their own jobs. Or trying to anyway. I am selling most of my jobs but, I think there are a lot that just stop calling around or the big thing now is the roofers and carpenters are doing bat work. I am getting jobs because I do not do clean outs. If they need one or want one I give them a name of a company that does bio clean outs and they can deal with them. I had a few people come up to me when I am doing an inspection that told me they had bats a month ago, but instead of spending 5k on a bat job and clean out they just got a carpenter or roofer to do the roof and capping for the same amount or few thousand more and the house looks better and the bats are gone.???????? Was it done right? Most likely no, but you're not going to tell them that and they believe it.

You know Mike, I may be opening up a can of worms here that I may regret later But, hey may be a good show for ya. I can't help but think that maybe seeing the $$$$$$ is starting to cause problems. Turning a service business into a used car sale.

I was called the other day by a lady that asked me if I do clean outs, My reply was no I refer to a bio cleaning company. I ask, do you have a animal problem, she said, did, I had a company come out and chase a raccoon out of the house. This is a wildlife company that has some long time in the business. They set a trap in the attic and the coon left( happens a lot in my area) and he closed the hole. I said ok, She told me that cost was 300. Ok, she then told me, he said I have to do a clean out because of the raccoon droppings and the danger of roundworm and other parasites and diseases that WILL come from the raccoon, that cost is 8k. The amount of droppings? About the amount that would fit on a pie plate. What this poor guy did not know was she was having men in the attic doing a energy upgrade. Taking pics of every thing. Is the ability to make a lot of money causing the industry to do things that are not needed? it is a different thing if the customer wants something done. but to take something that may be and make it absolute to get $$$$$$ Well I will sit back now and wait to see what comes LOL

Ron Jones
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Rednecks Pride Outdoors tonight [Re: Jonesie] #4586639
08/04/14 09:31 AM
08/04/14 09:31 AM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
Ronnie - Do you think the over selling is intentional by knowing companies....or the uneducated people in this business selling what they think should be done? Either case is a problem...but the solution is different.

Re: Rednecks Pride Outdoors tonight [Re: Jonesie] #4587324
08/04/14 07:04 PM
08/04/14 07:04 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I think one of the big reasons that companies like ours charge so much for clean-outs at this time of the year is because if we die

upstairs in one of those over-heated attics, we want enough for a proper burial.

Re: Rednecks Pride Outdoors tonight [Re: Jonesie] #4589016
08/05/14 08:42 PM
08/05/14 08:42 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline OP
trapper
Jonesie  Offline OP
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Let me clarify my self, when it comes to clean outs, the cost is going to be high, and if I was still doing them I would be high, that you can count on. I have no problem with those cost. Nor do I have a problem with anyone doing the clean out, as long as the clean out is needed. But lets face it, the above example, the post not long ago and the many other examples that we see does not warrant a clean out. A pie plate amount for raccoon droppings in a corner in a hot attic is not going to cause a major health problem. Heck for the first 20 years of doing this stuff no one ever talked about clean outs like we have in the past 10, that is until the ins companies started to pay. before that when I told a customer they needed a clean out and told them 3k they said Na and guess what most of them are still alive today. LOL

DaveK I think Both.

I am amazed at how I can shut a post down LOL

Ron Jones
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Rednecks Pride Outdoors tonight [Re: Jonesie] #4591077
08/07/14 07:24 AM
08/07/14 07:24 AM
Luray,VA
M
Mike Hurley Offline
trapper
Mike Hurley  Offline
trapper
M

Luray,VA
Ron
You just pulled a winkleman and hi-jacked your own thread.

Re: Rednecks Pride Outdoors tonight [Re: Jonesie] #4591168
08/07/14 09:16 AM
08/07/14 09:16 AM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline OP
trapper
Jonesie  Offline OP
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Yeah I know LOL still a good idea for a show LOL

Ron Jones
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Rednecks Pride Outdoors tonight [Re: Jonesie] #4591180
08/07/14 09:19 AM
08/07/14 09:19 AM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline OP
trapper
Jonesie  Offline OP
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Yeah I know LOL still a good idea for a show LOL

Ron Jones
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Rednecks Pride Outdoors tonight [Re: Jonesie] #4592482
08/07/14 10:33 PM
08/07/14 10:33 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
The only reason Winkelmann hi-jacks threads is because he's getting to that age where he can't remember what he was talking about in the first place.....Signed, Mrs. Winkelmann

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread