ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
No News Is Definitely Good News #4575819
07/27/14 07:40 PM
07/27/14 07:40 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I've never watched the evening news on TV and the only reason I get the daily liberal newspaper is for the comics, sports, and

money saving ads. I've even weened myself away from the Internet news. I find that less than 2% of the news nowadays, makes you

proud to be an American and you begin to worry about the future. So you ask yourself WHY? I'm sure that the majority of us is

very proud of the fact we are in business for ourselves, enjoy doing what we do, and have countless customers that are very pleased

with our service. So why screw it all up by watching people on the news who certainly cannot be proud of what they do, cause

untold harm, and have millions of people who hate them? ( And that's just the president ) Kick the news habit; you might enjoy it!

Re: No News Is Definitely Good News [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4576012
07/27/14 09:49 PM
07/27/14 09:49 PM
Southern Michigan
Cooner22 Offline
trapper
Cooner22  Offline
trapper

Southern Michigan
I got sick of watching or reading any type of news, it's all the same blah-blah story of goofballs, nothing-ness, happy unicorn-bubble gum stuff, so I don't pay any attention to news outside of my everyday life. wink I do keep up with email, facebook, and t-man, but every once in a while it's nice to take a couple days off.

"Not everything on the internet can be believed."
-Abraham Lincoln
Re: No News Is Definitely Good News [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4601212
08/13/14 05:13 PM
08/13/14 05:13 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
The media sucks. They never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Take the problems here in Ferguson, Mo. Kid was killed Sat, and it took 4 days for the actual events to filter out and delete the rumors. AND, nobody still really knows.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: No News Is Definitely Good News [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4601293
08/13/14 06:10 PM
08/13/14 06:10 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
trapper
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
BigBob, I know exactly what you are talking about. The entire state of Missouri might be Conservative but as long as the media is

Liberal, so is your state. Fortunately, normally, this only has to do with politics. My son and I have been on our local news more

than Robin Williams ( Until yesterday ) and I will have to admit that they have been more than fair! The very same media that I've

grown to detest over the years for there reporting on the state of Wisconsin, has treated me and my company extremely well! We have

been exposed to media coverage on TV a lot more than radio and although neither of them ever gives out really useful information to

increase your business, with half a brain you can do it yourself. I've had friends in the media field over the years and to me, TV,

radio, and newspapers, are still a mystery!

Re: No News Is Definitely Good News [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4601303
08/13/14 06:16 PM
08/13/14 06:16 PM
Tipton, IN
T
Travis Wolford Offline
trapper
Travis Wolford  Offline
trapper
T

Tipton, IN
But Bob Harlem Al showed up, didn't his mere presence make the situation better? Lol. The fearless leader even offered his condolences to the boys family. Of course he offered nothing to the business owners that were looted and ransacked. He offered nothing to the Marine the mexicans have either for that matter but by golly let a traitor be in prison and he moves heaven and earth to get him back. What a mess, I don't watch the news either.

it is not a stupid question if you do not know the answer
Re: No News Is Definitely Good News [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4601418
08/13/14 07:41 PM
08/13/14 07:41 PM
Des Allemands, Louisiana
Budfish Offline
trapper
Budfish  Offline
trapper

Des Allemands, Louisiana
I gave up on network news years ago. Too depressing for me. I even make my own weather predictions off the NOAA website most of the time because I do not trust the "weatherman" either. All I need to know I can get with emergency alerts from EOC or the sherrif's department. I hardly ever even turn the TV on any more. Nothing worth watching most of the time. Who needs it? Not me.

Re: No News Is Definitely Good News [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4601554
08/13/14 09:06 PM
08/13/14 09:06 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
trapper
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Giving credit where credit is due ( Okay, I have an ulterior motive. We have two weathermen that are customers ) the weather

forecasts that you get today are probably ten times more accurate than when I was a kid! ( And no, I was not born in the Garden of

Eden where every day was the same )

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread