ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Caging Beavers #4563727
07/19/14 11:15 AM
07/19/14 11:15 AM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline OP
trapper
Barehunter  Offline OP
trapper
B

Georgia
I don't do a lot of beaver work but it sure beats hot attics. Yesterday I set up a job with 3 cages and several snares. The areas where the cages needed to be were difficult to access due to miring up in the mud at least 2 feet deep every step. Cages would be underwater so I attached empty water bottles to the doors on a wire tether so that the bottles would float just under the surface. Double door 12 X 18 X 39 cages were "upside down" so that when the trap fired it would let the water bottle come to the surface. Figured this would save me a few trips out to check potentially empty traps. It worked like a charm but hasn't saved me any trips yet. Before I even left the job yesterday, one of the bottles was floating. I expected a fish or turtle but found a 50 lb. beaver instead. This morning all 3 bottles were floating...result: 2 beavers and a turtle. So 3 cages, 3 beavers in less than 24 hours. I kinda like these cages.

Re: Caging Beavers [Re: Barehunter] #4563963
07/19/14 03:32 PM
07/19/14 03:32 PM
West, Mi
W
wiggler Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
wiggler  Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
W

West, Mi
which cages? and good job!

Re: Caging Beavers [Re: wiggler] #4564177
07/19/14 07:05 PM
07/19/14 07:05 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline OP
trapper
Barehunter  Offline OP
trapper
B

Georgia
Originally Posted By: wiggler
which cages? and good job!

Comstock double door 12 X 18 X 39 beaver traps. I ordered 2 more today.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread