ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
I need help! #4531072
06/23/14 11:10 AM
06/23/14 11:10 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
After all these years I still don't know how to do it. It one of the hardest things I have to do.

Telling a customer that they are just hearing things and I can't help them.

[Linked Image]
Re: I need help! [Re: warrior] #4531085
06/23/14 11:20 AM
06/23/14 11:20 AM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
I've had a couple that were seriously hard to convince of this fact even after asking every
thing we could and looking everywhere possible for sign of anything from a mouse to
an elephant.

Sometimes you can tell somethings not right with the folks, but often the folks are perfectly
sane and yet know they are hearing something every night, same time, etc.... We've even
thought about staying overnight at some places to see at X time what happens. Have used
trail cameras on flat roofs to show nothing was on the roof at all though noises sounded like
something running up there....

Best of luck with it, some folks I really feel awful for as they are being driven quite nuts by
noise. Others have told me about loose building materials within roofs and so forth that
are flapping during windy conditions, etc... Everyone seems to have some stories of this
phantom noise.

The one though that I was okay leaving was the lady who was showing my wife and I where
mice had walked and left their droppings on her countertop next to the stove, she says look
here is their prints in their urine...

What it was was splashed spaghetti sauce from last nights meal. In that one case, she was
referred to us by a DOH colleague as she wasn't going to rest till she satisfied this mouse issue.

She had two brand name pest controllers come out, provide service ultimately gave her her
funds back and walked away as they couldn't find any mice and the noise didn't go away, we did
this inspection as a courtesy to a colleague to be sure she wasn't in harms way and left without
leaving our number after reviewing the site and finding nothing...

I always appreciate when at least two people can hear the noise, otherwise you have to wonder...

Good luck!

Re: I need help! [Re: warrior] #4531100
06/23/14 11:30 AM
06/23/14 11:30 AM
OH
Eric Arnold Offline
trapper
Eric Arnold  Offline
trapper

OH
Some of my favorite quotes sums this up nicely:

"You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world."

"And that's just it, Doc - my mind has always been my Achilles' heel!"

"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit."

Eric Arnold
Publishing Editor W.C.T. Magazine
Editor The Fur Taker Magazine
Re: I need help! [Re: warrior] #4531273
06/23/14 02:48 PM
06/23/14 02:48 PM
massachusetts
S
swampdonkey Offline
trapper
swampdonkey  Offline
trapper
S

massachusetts
Hand them the local paranormal research teams phone number.... I have told people they are hearing paranormal activity more than once,,, LOL cool

Joe Robidoux
Re: I need help! [Re: warrior] #4531412
06/23/14 04:56 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
And you thought that you would never hear from me on this topic, right? Ha!

I am so glad that I am hard of hearing so that I don't have to invite the aforementioned bunch into my domicile.

Although, I've got to admit that having Justin, Eric, Joe, and David all in the same place together, has a certain appeal.

I had an elderly lady tell me that every time she rocked in her rocking chair, she could hear an animal screaming for help.

The neighbor across the street was going nuts trying to help this woman and I don't blame him. ( A neighbor like that is nearly impossible to find )

I told the elderly lady to move her rocking chair. ( And the neighbor to keep moving it ) and I haven't heard a thing since.

You guys make such a big deal about dealing with crazy people and yet you do it every day! ( Yeah, that would be me! )

Re: I need help! [Re: warrior] #4531413
Tug Hill, New York
A
Albert Burns Offline
trapper
Albert Burns  Offline
trapper
A

Tug Hill, New York
I had an elderly lady years back that swore squirrels were running around inside her home. She had the onset of minor dementia, and after a week with cages set, and still no captures, her family asked if I would please sneak a squirrel into her home, and pretend I captured it there. I didn't feel right doing it, but under the circumstances I did as they asked. The smile on that lady's face when she saw it come down the stairs was almost as priceless as hearing her tell the family, "I told you so, I told you I wasn't crazy"......LOL

Re: I need help! [Re: warrior] #4531443
06/23/14 05:18 PM
06/23/14 05:18 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I sincerely hope that everyone that reads this post by Mr. Burns appreciates it as much as I do. Since almost everything that we do affects the public in some way, I absolutely applaud Albert Burns on his decision.

Re: I need help! [Re: warrior] #4531701
06/23/14 08:20 PM
06/23/14 08:20 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Great story Albert!