ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: WS Aerial Hog Job in La. [Re: warrior] #4422096
04/08/14 09:59 AM
04/08/14 09:59 AM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Originally Posted By: warrior
The salt is nitrate. Ironically the same nitrate used in curing pork.

That's the stuff! I remember that the article said it was the same thing used for curing bacon.

Last October, we ran down some in a marsh using an airboat near the La/Tx border. Only thing available at the time was a ball pein, but 2 pigs won't be parenting this year smile

Re: WS Aerial Hog Job in La. [Re: N-R Trapper] #4429132
04/12/14 10:50 PM
04/12/14 10:50 PM
Winter Springs, Florida
D
Davexx1 Offline
trapper
Davexx1  Offline
trapper
D

Winter Springs, Florida
A while back I remember reading where a couple of guys were arrested for poisoning hogs on their land. Don't remember where, but it may have been in Georgia. Whatever they were using must have been effective.

Dave

Re: WS Aerial Hog Job in La.***Update*** [Re: N-R Trapper] #4432942
04/15/14 11:11 AM
04/15/14 11:11 AM
Winter Springs, Florida
D
Davexx1 Offline
trapper
Davexx1  Offline
trapper
D

Winter Springs, Florida
More La. and general feral wild hog info here.....

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/sites/defau..._3_14_kr_bb.pdf

Dave

Re: WS Aerial Hog Job in La.***Update*** [Re: N-R Trapper] #4433514
04/15/14 05:24 PM
04/15/14 05:24 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Davexx1, I would guess that this is the most thorough report on feral hogs that I have read to date. Thanks for posting. The one sentence that will probably stay in my mind forever is: "Farmers observed feral hog boars breeding bedded cows". Had this happened on our farm when I was a kid, I could be more mentally scarred than I am now.

Re: WS Aerial Hog Job in La. [Re: N-R Trapper] #4435311
04/16/14 06:47 PM
04/16/14 06:47 PM
louisiana
C
chickenwing Offline
trapper
chickenwing  Offline
trapper
C

louisiana
http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=6465
looks like the wildlife and fisheries restricting citizens to hut hogs om wma with weapons adequate to kill hogs but are possibly going to allow vertex aviation group a texas helicopter company to sell helicopter hunts over state wma
somebody is getting paid off got to be. restricting citizens to hunt hogs on wma but allowing a out of state company to sell hunt on state lands? their own regulation prohibit paid guides on state land i guess a little cash to the right person and law dont apply to you.

Re: WS Aerial Hog Job in La. [Re: N-R Trapper] #4435336
04/16/14 07:01 PM
04/16/14 07:01 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
When I was in Texas about a week ago the guys were telling me that they try to get the land all in a block. If a landowner says no and is left out, their land serves as a sanctuary. The running hogs go where there are not Helicopters.

So land around the WMA's may become the sanctuary driving hogs to private property or if the state allowed helicopters but not on state wma's the wma's would become the sanctuary.

The Real Reasons Animals Are Detecting Your Sets And Devices by Kirk Dekalb
https://amzn.to/2Hn1hxv
Re: WS Aerial Hog Job in La. [Re: chickenwing] #4435632
04/16/14 09:16 PM
04/16/14 09:16 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Originally Posted By: chickenwing
looks like the wildlife and fisheries restricting citizens to hut hogs om wma with weapons adequate to kill hogs but are possibly going to allow vertex aviation group a texas helicopter company to sell helicopter hunts over state wma
somebody is getting paid off got to be. restricting citizens to hunt hogs on wma but allowing a out of state company to sell hunt on state lands? their own regulation prohibit paid guides on state land i guess a little cash to the right person and law dont apply to you.

for all those who were missing Pesky...

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: WS Aerial Hog Job in La. [Re: N-R Trapper] #4439006
04/19/14 06:59 AM
04/19/14 06:59 AM
Winter Springs, Florida
D
Davexx1 Offline
trapper
Davexx1  Offline
trapper
D

Winter Springs, Florida
PW

The breeding bedded cow thing reminds me of an old photo I have somewhere where three big boars were mounted up taking turns "servicing" each other. They were mounted in a line then the front hog would move around to the rear of the line and mount the last hog. I could see the bombs and rockets were definitely going off, eyes crossed, etc.. Have seen boars mount another boar several times. Makes me wonder if the gays and lesbians.... ur uh, I better not go there. Not sure i want to eat another pork chop.

Dave

Re: WS Aerial Hog Job in La. [Re: Dave Schmidt] #4439292
04/19/14 11:00 AM
04/19/14 11:00 AM
Louisiana
N
N-R Trapper Offline OP
trapper
N-R Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
N

Louisiana
Originally Posted By: Dave Schmidt
Originally Posted By: chickenwing

for all those who were missing Pesky...

Dave Schmidt,you have no idea how close to the truth Chickenwing really is,since you have never had the opportunity to deal with the elitest,entitlement mentalities and attitudes exhibited by the higher-up career bureaucrats that now are in charge at LDWF. Good Luck

Re: WS Aerial Hog Job in La. [Re: N-R Trapper] #4442520
04/21/14 09:06 PM
04/21/14 09:06 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
You're right; I haven't. But the bureaucrats can probably write a coherent sentence.

Last edited by Dave Schmidt; 04/21/14 09:06 PM.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread