ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Skunk under deck [Re: Jonesie] #4435793
04/16/14 10:25 PM
04/16/14 10:25 PM
Mt. Olive, IL
R
Ron Scheller Offline
trapper
Ron Scheller  Offline
trapper
R

Mt. Olive, IL
Originally Posted By: Jonesie
when the smell never dissipates and stays for more than 3 days I start thinking dead skunk. when the customer tells me it has been spraying every day for 3 or more days about a hour after daybreak and then again an hour before dark I start thinking dead skunk. when the smell has a musky odor I start thinking dead skunk. when the smell is strong for a few days and the entry point is not being used, I start thinking dead skunk. when I am catching grinners and the smell is not going away I start thinking dead skunk.

EXACTLY! Always keep this in mind: Live skunks do not stink. They constantly groom their fur and are as clean as any domestic cat. Hold a skunk up to your nose and sniff the fur. It does NOT stink. Customers only THINK they smell the skunk "come under the deck" (or house) every night. And as Paul W mentioned.... typically if a deck or crawl space has a really strong skunk smell, you will NOT catch a skunk there.

Ron Scheller

Re: Skunk under deck [Re: Dave Schmidt] #4436193
04/17/14 08:16 AM
04/17/14 08:16 AM
Trumbull county, Ohio
C
coonwacka Offline OP
trapper
coonwacka  Offline OP
trapper
C

Trumbull county, Ohio
Originally Posted By: Dave Schmidt
Attaboy! Bet you're glad you had that extra two days to allow for seasoning..

LOL! Ummm, NO! What a unique awful smell! Just glad night before got below 30 degrees! My mouth started to water. I've gutted gut shot deer the day after and that smelled so much better!

You right Ron! Knowledge is key.... Albert Soady: "Give a man a little luck and anything will do for brains."

Dave @ All Catch LLC. CNWACO
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread