ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Join us Wildlife Services [Re: NV man] #4434128
04/15/14 10:20 PM
04/15/14 10:20 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted By: NV man
Perhaps another reason to join private industry??

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014...;utm_medium=RSS

Or perhaps ws employees can excuse this type of behavior....

What in the world does a BLM/rancher dispute have to do with WS?

Re: Join us Wildlife Services [Re: NV man] #4434282
04/16/14 12:05 AM
04/16/14 12:05 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Online content
trapper
Vinke  Online Content
trapper

NWWA/AZ
feds..................

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: Join us Wildlife Services [Re: NV man] #4461712
05/05/14 08:10 AM
05/05/14 08:10 AM
NV, USA
N
NV man Offline OP
trapper
NV man  Offline OP
trapper
N

NV, USA
In a word that might say it, but let's explain. State sovereignty as in the tenth amendment... States can and do have regulations on the type of work the Feds do, for example pest control regulations, depredation permits, pesticide registrations, etc.... Why then do we need a federal agency to do this work? We don't! By the way ws works with a regulation that circumvents state law if it "prevents" ws from doing their job. Perhaps I can make a policy in my business that would allow me to disregard the law if I feel it prevents me from doing the job? Only problem with that is I am law abiding.

"Our nation's health is dependent on local industry and commerce."
Re: Join us Wildlife Services [Re: NV man] #4905941
02/10/15 01:42 PM
02/10/15 01:42 PM
NV, USA
N
NV man Offline OP
trapper
NV man  Offline OP
trapper
N

NV, USA
Just thought this needed some refreshing additions. Although I manage a for profit business, the business offers cost productive services. That means if I charge $1.00 my client can make or protect more than $1.00.

The Feds on the other hand fail to grasp this concept regularly. For example, they charge a sheep man $70 an hour for 3 employees a truck plane, shotgun and ammo, and fuel to shoot coyotes to "protect" a few sheep. Meanwhile the costs to the taxpayer are about $500 to $700 an hr, day after day, year after year. It would be cheaper for the taxpayer to buy the sheep and shut down the overly subsidized sheep production business. Not only are these sheep businesses being heavily subsidized by WS they are often also taking other handouts such as NRCS moneys by the hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. You can see a portion of the welfare (minus WS subsidies) at http://farm.ewg.org/ .

If anyone feels this is fair please send me $1000.00, you can purchase my believing you.

Meanwhile the few livestock production companies not taking taxpayer handouts have my most sincere respect and I look forward to providing cost productive services to them.

Re: Join us Wildlife Services [Re: NV man] #4905981
02/10/15 02:18 PM
02/10/15 02:18 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Wow, lots of good discussion here. Having met Justin finally at NWCOA Expo 2015, I will say that he is a voice of sanity (stay in WCO business for a while; that'll change!).
The WS rep. gave a talk at Expo. I asked him if there is any requirement that WS turn down work that can be performed by a qualified private operator. In so many words, his reply was "No, but we try to do so." IMO, that requirement should exist to protect the livelihoods of qualified WCO's (I stress qualified because the WS guy says that many times the local WCO is not professional, shows up for high-level meetings in torn jeans, can't write a coherent proposal, etc.).
Wink, as do you, I understand that there are some functions that will be most efficiently and effectively performed by a government community entity, e.g., fire/police protection, defense, infrastructure maintenance). Just think that, for the most part, WC isn't one of them.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Join us Wildlife Services [Re: NV man] #4906023
02/10/15 02:46 PM
02/10/15 02:46 PM
NV, USA
N
NV man Offline OP
trapper
NV man  Offline OP
trapper
N

NV, USA
Dave,

I agree with you about qualified professionals. In my area most local WCO can't write a coherent proposal, but then again they work for Wildlife Services. However, the self employed WCO are very intelligent and are often to busy to jump through the extra hoops just to compete with WS with less legal leeway.

Re: Join us Wildlife Services [Re: NV man] #4906119
02/10/15 03:55 PM
02/10/15 03:55 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I must hang around with the wrong crowds. The majority of my friends in this business have a college degree, work in a suburban

population and have to be able to discuss topics like sports, finance, and politics with some of the wealthiest people in their

respective areas. These are not the type of business owners that show up in torn jeans with crappy written proposals. ( Although I

will admit that my lovely bride did make me junk a pair of jeans last week because they had a good sized hole. And they were just

beginning to feel real comfortable too. )

Last edited by Paul Winkelmann; 02/10/15 03:57 PM.
Re: Join us Wildlife Services [Re: NV man] #4906174
02/10/15 04:45 PM
02/10/15 04:45 PM
Mass.
T
Trapper Don Offline
trapper
Trapper Don  Offline
trapper
T

Mass.
Hey Paul I feel your pain. My best jeans also went into the trash (same reason) Have you tried to replace them. Been on that quest for 2 weeks and nothing.

Re: Join us Wildlife Services [Re: NV man] #4906305
02/10/15 06:33 PM
02/10/15 06:33 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Yeah, I'm wearing a pair right now that are three inches too long and I keep stepping on them. My bride promises me that they will shrink.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread