ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Trapping Muscovy Ducks #4422280
04/08/14 12:14 PM
04/08/14 12:14 PM
Florida
ShotShellRebel Offline OP
trapper
ShotShellRebel  Offline OP
trapper

Florida
I have a job for trapping muscovy ducks and wanted to know if anyone had the best way of doing so.... are there any traps specific for them and/or what are the specifics on a funnel trap?

Re: Trapping Muscovy Ducks [Re: ShotShellRebel] #4424220
04/09/14 03:24 PM
04/09/14 03:24 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
I doubt there's much difference between Muscovy's and any other Duck/Goose.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Trapping Muscovy Ducks [Re: ShotShellRebel] #4428023
04/11/14 11:46 PM
04/11/14 11:46 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
I've gotten rid of a few just by feeding and putting a net over them. One time I had thirty to get rid of and I propped a quail comeback pen up with a stick tied a string to it and put cracked corn in and around it. In a few minutes they were in and around it I pulled the string caught 15 thought this is going to be easy. I removed them came back the next day did the same thing. They ate all the corn around the pen but stopped at the pen looked at each other and walked off like they never saw the pen. I threw more corn out and left thinking they would get comfortable again next day same thing.
I threw more corn out all around me and when they went to eating it I shot ten of them in the back of the head with cb's. They were delicious. The other 5 moved off the customers property and got rounded up during a goose round up.
The goose round up menthod I believe would be a good system as I usually catch a few with the geese. If I had a bunch to do today as a much wiser person that would probably be my go to method.
Head shooting them with a pellet rifle if you only had a few.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: Trapping Muscovy Ducks [Re: ShotShellRebel] #4428398
04/12/14 10:00 AM
04/12/14 10:00 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper