ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What's the longest you've waited for payment? [Re: Dave Schmidt] #4402462
03/28/14 02:18 AM
03/28/14 02:18 AM
California
T
Throw Back Offline
trapper
Throw Back  Offline
trapper
T

California
Originally Posted By: Dave Schmidt
Did a bunch of exclusion for a woman who was home at the time, wouldn't answer the door, banged around her roof for close to two hours doing the work only to have her tell me she "didn't sign a contract. That was an estimate." (WRONG!!)
Lawyer told me that if I pulled off the work, she could sue me for damage to her house. What do you think?

Take her to court immediatley. A guy on here once said he threatened court over $110, because its not fair to those who do pay. You want people to think you do amazing work but will not be taken advantage of. Have your lawyer write something up and send to her, see if she will pay it with the threat of court.

Re: What's the longest you've waited for payment? [Re: HD_Wildlife] #4402550
03/28/14 07:13 AM
03/28/14 07:13 AM
Des Allemands, Louisiana
Budfish Offline
trapper
Budfish  Offline
trapper

Des Allemands, Louisiana
We can get paid to do this? crazy

Re: What's the longest you've waited for payment? [Re: HD_Wildlife] #4403133
03/28/14 01:47 PM
03/28/14 01:47 PM
Tug Hill, New York
A
Albert Burns Offline
trapper
Albert Burns  Offline
trapper
A

Tug Hill, New York
I don't need to send many of these out, but have them around for when needed.

Dear Customer:

Some time ago, you called us for help with a wildlife control problem. It was important to you that the problem be handled quickly and professionally. We responded to your call in a quick, courteous and professional manner. As yet, we have not been paid ! We run an honest business, and do not believe in keeping critters that have not been paid for.
If payment is not received within 10 days, we will return your critters, with their families as interest to you and your property. I believe they are getting homesick !

Just as you have forgotten our payment, we may have unintentionally forgotten what critter it was we removed for you. In the event that you receive the wrong type of critters, you may call our office to exchange them for the correct type. We will respond to your exchange request with the same speed that you have shown in making your payment to us.

Your in friendship,

P.S.- Some of the Critters do not get along well with small pets or children !!!

Most folks send a check promptly and get a laugh out of it.

Re: What's the longest you've waited for payment? [Re: HD_Wildlife] #4403285
03/28/14 03:34 PM
03/28/14 03:34 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
And for those of you that think something like this won't work, try it, you'll be surprised. Even a phone call suggesting that the customer might want his animals back, usually does the trick.

Re: What's the longest you've waited for payment? [Re: HD_Wildlife] #4404271
03/29/14 12:08 AM
03/29/14 12:08 AM
northern Calif.
P
Probtrapper Offline
trapper
Probtrapper  Offline
trapper
P

northern Calif.
In the 20yrs. we've been in the adc business we may have had a dozen clients that didn't pay us. We actually got checks from the collection agency we use from some of them after as late as three years. Here,if you have a lean against the property you can't sell it until that lean is satisfied. Even as screwed up as my state laws are the courts take a really dim view of those that don't pay "contract labor". Key word here being "contract". Having said that, here in Calif. if you install something on a building you, by law, cannot go back and take it off because the owner didn't pay you as it is now considered part of the building and you have to let the courts handle it. Also if you were to actually release an animal/animals on a property because that owner didn't pay you, you would not only get sued and lose but you would also lose your adc lic. in a heartbeat.
We pride ourselves in our work ethics and our honesty and I truly believe it comes across to our clients in such a way as they try to treat us in the same manner. If it happens,and it does, that someone is late paying us and I have to call them,invarably they will say something like "Oh my gosh, I compleatly forgot about your bill and I'll put a chack in the mail today". Thats good enough for me and I tell them so and the check, almost without exception, shows up.

Last edited by Probtrapper; 03/29/14 12:11 AM.

Bob Hassel
Animal Nuisance Control
Re: What's the longest you've waited for payment? [Re: HD_Wildlife] #4405020
03/29/14 03:11 PM
03/29/14 03:11 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
That's easy for you to say. It's all in your name, Bob. Nobody wants the Hassel!

Re: What's the longest you've waited for payment? [Re: HD_Wildlife] #4405772
03/30/14 12:16 AM
03/30/14 12:16 AM
northern Calif.
P
Probtrapper Offline
trapper
Probtrapper  Offline
trapper
P

northern Calif.
Paul,believe me, I may have heard something like that once or twice before!

Bob Hassel
Animal Nuisance Control
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread