ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
How should I charge #4395544
03/24/14 11:50 AM
03/24/14 11:50 AM
Littleton, NH
NHChris Offline OP
trapper
NHChris  Offline OP
trapper

Littleton, NH
I recently started a ADC business in northern New Hampshire and am wondering how i should set up a Fee Structure... can someone please share with me how you charge and if you offer gaureenteed results and any other details.

Re: How should I charge [Re: NHChris] #4395564
03/24/14 12:02 PM
03/24/14 12:02 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Chris,

This topic has a lot of info in the archives. If you look under the search function, search "pricing" or "startup" etc.... using the ADC archive. Set it for like older than 1 day and up to 3 years and you will see lots and lots of threads.

Just to your basic question, there are two main schools of thought if you are removing animals (trapping skunks lets say).

1) set up fee + per animal fee

2) overall all encompassing fee (no matter whether you have 2 skunks or 20 you'd make the same and the owner would agree to the price up front)

As far as guarantees it depends on what you are talking about.

1) No one can guarantee that another animal won't show up at the house outdoors in the yard

2) You should be able to guarantee your work on a home or building that you have blocked the species from
though you will have to know which houses (old and busted up) you shouldn't give one for, or the ones where you
would state it is a yearly warranty versus multi year, etc....

Many products for bird exclusion carry their own warranty from the manufacturer (ie. bird barrier) so you can use that
as a guideline for those types of jobs, but with basic fix of holes caused by a critter of some sort, you will have to judge what
you think is going to work.

SGS on here is in your state, might want to pm with him about some of this for your regional issues.

Good luck,

Justin

Re: How should I charge [Re: NHChris] #4395569
03/24/14 12:06 PM
03/24/14 12:06 PM
Woodhull, Illinois 77
J
Jim Bethell Offline
trapper
Jim Bethell  Offline
trapper
J

Woodhull, Illinois 77
Every area is different as to charging. I am 180 miles s. w. of chicago and my fees are a little over half the the chicage guys fees. Depends on your cost of living, how far you have to travel, what you are trying to catch, level of experence, ect. My fees are based on time and milage. Read back a few pages on this forum. Will get lots of ideas.

Re: How should I charge [Re: NHChris] #4395614
03/24/14 12:31 PM
03/24/14 12:31 PM
Littleton, NH
NHChris Offline OP
trapper
NHChris  Offline OP
trapper

Littleton, NH
Thanks...

Previous Thread
Index