Trapper's Humor

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#433349 - 11/28/07 04:48 AM Nosey Neighbors
Mystic Wildlife Offline
trapper

Loc: Connecticut
I've been living in my house for ten years now. New houses have gone up around and I have a new neighbor accross the way. Occasionally i burn cardboard boxes, nothing much. Yesterday I burned a box my MTP supplies came in (including my new sheffield knife!). It had been raining two days so everything was wet.

Soon three fire trucks and two cop cars pull up. It's dark at this time. They are looking for a fire. I told them I burned a small box. They said "did you know it's illegal?" I said "yes. It was a small box." They said "do you know you need a permit?" I said "yes, it was a small box." They said no charges would be filed. They put out the ashes with a big fire extinguisher.

This nosey woman annoys me. She's obviously a city dweller moved to the country. It had been raining for two days, did she think the woods was burning down? My garage door was open, my lights were on and I was working outside. Why didn't she walk out to check on it before calling the whole darn city out? Am I wrong in being annoyed?

#433354 - 11/28/07 05:00 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Mystic Wildlife]
Niteblaster Offline
trapper

Loc: NY
Maybe she should get a ticket for filing a false report. At my work the neighbor is constantly complaing delivery trucks come at 6:30 am he says they can't come before 7:00am. If they do he comes down takes a pic and emails it to the administrator. If someone squeels there tires leaving he calls. If someone has music playing coming in he is out with camera to take pics and call or call police. He called the fire dept. and reported a fire
because the kitchen dept was using a small round walmart special charcoal grill to cook hamburgers. He had called and spoke to me twice before and I told him it was only a small charcoal grill. He told the fire dept he didn't want the barbeque to burn down his house.

#433380 - 11/28/07 06:29 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Niteblaster]
schweg2 Offline
trapper

Loc: NW WI
What is wrong with people? Don't they have anything better to do?
Maybe that's what we get to look forward to when we retire?, be bored and nosey...

Edited by Drifter (11/28/07 07:09 AM)

#433385 - 11/28/07 06:35 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: schweg2]
Snake
Unregistered

If you know it was illegal and your niehgbor obviously knows you violated the local laws, I don't know what your beef is. Sounds like you were lucky not to get a ticket.

#433463 - 11/28/07 08:15 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: ]
rapman Offline
trapper

Loc: ohio
next time take a hot dog on a stick out with you. cookout?

#433468 - 11/28/07 08:21 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: rapman]
Happy Birthday Dead Coyote Offline
trapper

Loc: Slaughter Slough, MN
 Originally Posted By: rapman
LOL I like that, Improvise, Adapt, & Overcome!

#433484 - 11/28/07 08:35 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: rapman]
Mystic Wildlife Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: rapman

Good one! A friend of mine actually tried that once. The fire marshal wasn't quite sure how to handle that one.

I've been told it's legal to burn in a barrel with a screen over the top. That's the route I'll be going. As for Ms. Nosey, people like her are best ignored.

#433499 - 11/28/07 08:49 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Mystic Wildlife]
Snowshark Offline
trapper

Loc: Chippewa County, Wisconsin
I love to do stuff that is perfectly legal, but drives these people nuts. I live in the country and I can legally shoot my guns anytime, I have my own 100 yard range setup. I had a neighbor that would go nuts if she heard a gun go off, There house is 300 yards away. They called me a couple of times and said that they thought I was shooting there horse!

Stupid is as Stupid does!

#433519 - 11/28/07 09:04 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Snowshark]
trappingman0101 Offline
trapper

Loc: Eastern Nebraska
Same type of crap goes on around my area to. Its bull

#433526 - 11/28/07 09:09 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: trappingman0101]
don Wolf Offline

Loc: evansville Indiana age67
Geesh, a sign of things to come.

#433540 - 11/28/07 09:26 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: don Wolf]
DFronek Offline
trapper

Loc: N.e.WI. 45
Put her in a small box.lol

#433567 - 11/28/07 09:43 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: DFronek]
Tim Wilcox Offline
trapper

Loc: Silver Springs, NY
Get a 55 gallon barrel & cut it in 1/2, throw a grate over it & you now have a BBQ grill. Not much they can do to you then.

#433579 - 11/28/07 09:54 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: schweg2]
boyswannatrap Offline
trapper

Loc: NY
 Originally Posted By: schweg2
What is wrong with people?

This world is one of pansies

#433581 - 11/28/07 09:56 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Tim Wilcox]
tribalhunterpa Offline
trapper

Loc: corry pa
snake that is crap its his property he should be aloud to do what he wants. i had a run in with my neighbor mind you she lives half mile down the road. the cops show up and try to ticket me for public urination. i live way in the country here the old bat was in my woods seen me peeing by my shed and went home and called the cops. i told the cops she was on posted property and i wanted her sighted. needless to say no one got a ticket

#433607 - 11/28/07 10:22 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Mystic Wildlife]
PresbyRevVA Offline
trapper

Loc: southside, Virginia
Having spent a couple years in NY, I was amazed at the deep conviction on the part of alot of folks there that the Nanny State needed to involve itself in every detail of folks' lives. Good luck in CT.

Unless there is a local prohibition, I think the metal basins with covers and completely enclosed 'outdoor' fireplaces might get you by - its the route I am going myself. We live in the city limits w/no outdoor burning of open fires - but enclosed grills, etc. get a pass.

#433698 - 11/28/07 11:47 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: PresbyRevVA]
ArnieTX Offline
trapper

Loc: South Texas - 60 miles west of...
Maybe she's looking for romance??? \:\)

A carboard box of wine should do the trick.

#433777 - 11/28/07 12:45 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: ArnieTX]
holdengr Offline
trapper

Loc: Ontario
If your gonna get a ticket anyways, might as well make it worth your while and light her house on fire.........

(obviously this is typed tounge in cheek)

#433784 - 11/28/07 12:50 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: ArnieTX]
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper

Loc: El Reno,Oklahoma
 Originally Posted By: ArnieTX
Maybe she's looking for romance??? \:\)

A carboard box of wine should do the trick.

Aww,nothing like candle light(or trash fire light,kinda cool in a vagabond sorta way;might appeal to her Bohemian side) and a box o' wine to make magic happen.

#433799 - 11/28/07 12:56 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Aaron Proffitt]
KYBOY Offline
trapper

Loc: East, Kentucky
Set up a big BBQ pit smoking with green wood and set a fan up behind it to blow towards her house,LOL

#433806 - 11/28/07 01:02 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: KYBOY]
C.Cherry Offline
trapper

Loc: Indiana
Im on the F.D. here in my hometown. Such calls annoy me. The only thing is, burning is legal here w/o a permit as long as we are not in drought conditions (then its REALLY annoying). All in all I wish people would just mind thier own business. The world would be a much better place.

Ephesians 6:12

#433816 - 11/28/07 01:09 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Aaron Proffitt]
IRONRANGER Offline
trapper

Loc: NE Minnesota
You guys have NO IDEA what a crazy neighbor is.... I refer to my neighbor as the "excrement expert". My neighbor walks by my fence daily to count the number of dog piles in my YARD.. (MY YARD WHICH IS FENCED IN..) and takes picture daily. He has gone to the city council a half dozen times to try and get the city to create an ordinance that would mean that dog owners would have to pick up dog piles in their own yards immediately after their dogs did their jobs. The City council doesn't have time to create such an ordinance but my neighbor speaks weekly at the city council meeting during the open forum... and the meetings are shown on our local TV channel.... Oh, I forgot to mention that each time he speaks he mentions my name and yard as the problem. I have had the county health inspector over, members of city hall, the animal control, and the sheriff. All of them look at what little crap is in my yard and say the same thing... what a waste of their time. One night while I was at parent teacher conferences my neighbor reached over my fence and flung the piles up against my house. The next night I place my trail cam along my fence and got pics on "old 4 chins" looking over my fence and counting piles, then he noticed my camera and spent the next 2 hours trying to set up a wind sock in his yard to trigger my camera. If I knew how to download pics I would send some because they are funny as ****.... He is a retired old man from the mines who believes that what he says and does in our community means something. He spent days at our local cememtary watching cars go in and out and cars that were just passing thru he reported their license number to the police for trespassing. My neighbor and I have also believed that for over a year he has been listening in to our phone conversation. Right now he is on vacation to California for another 4 weeks and our neighborhood has never been more pleasant. He has called the cops on just about every family in the neighbor for one reason or another. If you have a lot of company coming in and out of your house you must be selling drugs, if you have a bonfire in the back yard he calls the cops, if your having a BBQ and drinks in your back yard he has called the cops for noise issues. I will compare my neighbor with anyone in the world and win.. Right now our village is w/o its IDIOT....

IF SOMEONE CAN TELL ME HOW TO SEND PICS I'VE GOT A COUPLE OF DOOZIES OF MY NUTTY NEIGHBOR............ OR I CAN EMAIL THEM TO SOMEONE.

tis the season.... get outdoors and breathe in the fresh air.

OVER AND OUT!

#433841 - 11/28/07 01:24 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: IRONRANGER]
Rye Offline
trapper

Loc: havelock, NC
Take her cookies on Christmas eve, and make sure to smile.. it'll weird her out, and I guarantee she won't eat a single cookie \:D

#433847 - 11/28/07 01:30 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Rye]
tribalhunterpa Offline
trapper

iron your neigbor is a freak. go to photobucket.com create an account add your pics there then copy the pic come here and paste to your thread

#433986 - 11/28/07 03:21 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: tribalhunterpa]
Vincent Offline
trapper

Loc: Orange,Massachusetts
'Round here it seems like everyone's got a neighbor like that. It's a shame all the unconstutional laws this country has. :x

#434091 - 11/28/07 04:29 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Mystic Wildlife]
CritterBob Offline
trapper

Loc: Wayne County, New York
My sister had a home where the houses were 15 feet from each other. Had a 1/4 acre lot with a little back yard say 100 by 50. Every time she had a bonfire in the back yard her neighbor would call the fire dept. The 3rd time the chief said one more call he responded to would get the nut in jail.
The same neighbor sent her a letter requesting her to repair his lawn after a guest of my sister left a rut in the front lawn on the property line . The letter was sent in March when we still have 1 more month of snow. To 5 5 gallon pails of topsoil to fix.

#434115 - 11/28/07 04:42 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: CritterBob]
redneck_cowboy Offline
trapper

Loc: Scott County, Virginia
one rainy day i was watching the neighbors dogs bark at my dog i was lil and all of a sudden my dog was eating food on our peoperty and the neighbors dogs attacked my dog and my dog ran away and the neighbor called the dog catcher to come and pick it up but it had a coller on it so he couldnt and then the same neighbor reported my dog as a ficouse(sp) and its been fighting and stuff so we have to keep our dogs up when hers can rome everywhere....but now my lil sis is afraid to even go to her grandmas down below our house where the dogs our at the dogs bark and growl at her...we ask them politly to put them up and she says ...oh there on our won property and i dont think they would hurt anyone....it makes me so mad when they run off her property and chase my lil sis who was only 7 yrs old...but one day they ran after me so i stood still and when it got close enuf it got kicked all over by me and my boot hit it in the jaw ribs legs...everywhere i tought it a lesson

#434297 - 11/28/07 06:38 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: redneck_cowboy]
Mike from OK Offline
trapper

Loc: Ottawa Co., OK
Try this when you know she is watching. Just calmly stand on your front porch and stare right at her with your hands in your pockets. It makes people real uncomfortable and there isn't a thing they can do about it. Except move.

Mike

#434309 - 11/28/07 06:48 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Mike from OK]
V3N Offline
trapper

If we light a fire outside a BBQ pit it's ilegal here. State wide burning ban on open fires. They do look the other way when we have a storm to clean uo or the leaves fall in the fall, but that's it.
If I lit a fire the old boy across the road sent the Fire Dept. But he burned trash and stuff every day right at 430 pm. He dosed it down with some K-1 and off she went. By the time the fire boys showed up it was out.
He died last spring. Sure gonna miss him.

"There's a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness."
Dave Barry

#434319 - 11/28/07 06:54 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: V3N]
Mike from OK Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: V3N
If we light a fire outside a BBQ pit it's ilegal here. State wide burning ban on open fires. They do look the other way when we have a storm to clean uo or the leaves fall in the fall, but that's it.
If I lit a fire the old boy across the road sent the Fire Dept. But he burned trash and stuff every day right at 430 pm. He dosed it down with some K-1 and off she went. By the time the fire boys showed up it was out.
He died last spring. Sure gonna miss him.

Was he cremated?

Mike

#434359 - 11/28/07 07:09 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Mike from OK]
Mystic Wildlife Offline
trapper

Man, you guys have come up with some great suggestions. Iron, I would love to see some of those photos. The one thing I've noticed about this forum... must be trappers in general... that it's full of regular real people. Common sense is common here. Having spent six years in so. California and now ten years on the east coast, I can honestly say I'm afraid of where much of the country is headed.

#434483 - 11/28/07 08:04 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Mystic Wildlife]
furkiller Offline
trapper

Loc: Louisiana
same problem here. Just bought 20 acres in the boon docks and that will not be an issue

#434536 - 11/28/07 08:24 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: furkiller]
Haus Offline
trapper

Loc: south of little rock, ar
Iron,

I think a 8ft fence is in order. Least if he gets on a ladder to take the pictures theres a better chance of a fall and broken hip. I get along with my neighbors. I have lived here for almost 7 years and talked to the old guy next door 4 times. Other neighbor is nice and I say hi to him about 12 times per year. new neighbor behind me has exchanged looks and thats it. Other young couple is OK. Guy hunts and fishes. Always invites me and never comes through. Long as he stays quiet I really don't care if I ever go fishing.

Now my last house was a different story. I had beagles and a pit bull. Both wanted to get out of the yard so I put up an electric fence on the inside of my chain link fence. Lady who owned the rent house next to me complained and asked what if the children get shocked. I told her then they should not have reached into my yard. I had a neighbor(renter) come over and asked if we had found their food stamps once. I was getting poor reception on my cable and one day found that the renters had spliced into my cable. Called the cable company and they didn't care.

Oh wait I'm a bad neighbor. Can't stand other peoples animals jumping my fence and eating my dog's food. I got them to stop. \:\)

haus

Edited by Haus (11/28/07 08:25 PM)
A bobcat in your trap at 5:00am is better than a stout cup of coffee anyday.

#434543 - 11/28/07 08:27 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Haus]
Nick C
Unregistered

Glad I live where I live, and the population is going DOWN. FEWER people living in the country. Everyone moving away.

#434564 - 11/28/07 08:34 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: ]
Montour Cooner Offline
trapper

Loc: Iowa "Coon Belt"
That is why I like Montour.We can roll hard and nobody screws wiyh us.

#434577 - 11/28/07 08:39 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: Montour Cooner]
Mike from OK Offline
trapper

Roll on brotha! LMBO!!!

Mike

#434595 - 11/28/07 08:43 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: ]
Supergoose
Unregistered

My neighbor used to be a pain. Thought he was better than everyone and was always sticking his nose where it didn't belong.

I came back from the swamp one summer day and my neighbor and a friend of his were standing around the grill drinking beer as I pulled in. As I opened up the back of my truck I could see him elbow his buddy as he walked over to me. As I emptied out the baack of my truck he asked ( with a huge grin on his face ) "what's in the duffel bag? "" Turtles I told him. "Bull" he replied. Then he noticed the bag was moving. "What's in there" he asked again. "I already told you turtles." "Balogna" he says and I handed him the bag. He set his beer down and said " kinda heavy whatever it is" "Yup" was all I wanted to say. He undid the straps and buckles and was greeted by a twenty pound turtle that almost got him in the face as he took a look inside that military duffel bag. Screamed like a girl, kicked over his beer and ran back to his grilling. We still talk on a occasion, but he never asks me what I've been doing or what's in the bag, the box or the bucket anymore.

Doesn't even ask me anymore if a skunk has been hanging around when the air gets a little thick as I'm standing in my driveway trying to look inocent.

#434678 - 11/28/07 09:02 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: ]
coonhusker Offline
trapper

Loc: mid-east, NE
my neighbors dont mess w/e at all
i think they dont wanna make waves because of thier status in this country \:D
but i have a dog that barks, shed smells of skunk got loud exaust on my pickup, no one says a word, see illegals imigrants are ok sometimes...LOL

Edited by coonhusker (11/28/07 09:02 PM)

#434715 - 11/28/07 09:14 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: coonhusker]
warrior Online   content
trapper

Loc: Georgia
Neighbors like those are why the missus and I have got definite retirement plans. When we get to wore out to work anymore we're going to find us a spot on the backside of nowhere somewhere deep in the Tombigbee swamps and tell the whole world to kiss our A S S! We ain't even going to give the younguns a fowarding address. LOL

#434718 - 11/28/07 09:16 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: warrior]
coonhusker Offline
trapper

lol warrior

#434750 - 11/28/07 09:27 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: coonhusker]
Steven G Trosper Offline
trapper

Loc: Perrysville, Indiana
Get some of your dog's poop. Make sure it is very fresh!!!!!

Put it in a bag and set it on his porch some night. Light it and ring the door bell. Then run like all get out.

Maybe put some skunk essence in the bag also!!!!!

The look on his face will be priceless!

#435134 - 11/29/07 03:45 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: ]
Tsarevna Offline
"Gerty"

Loc: Oregon
 Originally Posted By: Supergoose

"what's in the duffel bag? "" Turtles I told him. "Bull" he replied. Then he noticed the bag was moving. "What's in there" he asked again. "I already told you turtles." "Balogna" he says and I handed him the bag. He set his beer down and said " kinda heavy whatever it is" "Yup" was all I wanted to say. He undid the straps and buckles and was greeted by a twenty pound turtle that almost got him in the face as he took a look inside that military duffel bag. Screamed like a girl, kicked over his beer and ran back to his grilling.

LoL!

I have a crazy neighbor who constantly monitors the church next door, and calls the cops on anybody who puts trash in the church dumpster, even if it's so much as a McDonald's bag.
One day I speak to her, and she asks me who was in my garage. (What!?) I look over at my house, nobody is in my garage of course. I said nobody. She told me O yes there was a girl in my garage, she's in there all day and all night. Doesn't she get cold in the garage? \:o

Spooky stuff man. She's got crossed eyes and cackles randomly like a witch, she even appears like the stereotypical witch, minus the green skin. I tell you she'd be burned as one if this were 2 centuries ago!

How to Clean Skin a Beaver Video

#435149 - 11/29/07 04:52 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: coonhusker]
tribalhunterpa Offline
trapper

coon husker you illegal

#435160 - 11/29/07 05:26 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: tribalhunterpa]
coonhusker Offline
trapper

nope was born here, same town same neighborhood, wow ive really gone far huh! LOL

#435167 - 11/29/07 05:47 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: coonhusker]
schweg2 Offline
trapper

Loc: NW WI
IronRanger, I'd like to see those pics!

#435172 - 11/29/07 06:03 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: V3N]
C.Cherry Offline
trapper

Indiana only has statewide burn bans during widespread drought conditions. Burning is determined by local governments.

Ephesians 6:12

#435184 - 11/29/07 06:27 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: C.Cherry]
Snowshark Offline
trapper

Loc: Chippewa County, Wisconsin
Just send your nosey neighbor a nice block of cheese with a note attached stating "Here's a little cheese to go with your WHINE!!!" and Get a LIFE!!

#435299 - 11/29/07 08:20 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: coonhusker]
shortline 63 Offline
trapper

Loc: Northern Illinois
Put the screen on it and burn behind your garage so nosey can't see you....

#438417 - 11/30/07 09:02 PM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: C.Cherry]
newbomb Offline
trapper

Loc: southwest indiana
 Originally Posted By: C.Cherry
Indiana only has statewide burn bans during widespread drought conditions. Burning is determined by local governments.

Actualy open burning is illegal in Indiana. The only fires allowed are clean wood, unlined and uninked paper. Fires will be for religous/cerimonial or recreation/cooking only. Most small towns just dont enforce this.Im a fire inspector here in southern Indiana.

#440293 - 12/02/07 12:22 AM Re: Nosey Neighbors [Re: coonhusker]
doublesettrigger Offline
trapper

Loc: West Tennessee
Dang Warrior,, One day when I was a kid, I got off the school bus and my parents had moved.,,,Rickey

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Drifter