Wildcrafting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~Trapperman.com Live
Trap Chat~Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar
Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting
Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Print Thread
Hop To
Wild indigo questions #4329578
02/21/14 03:32 PM
02/21/14 03:32 PM
Pennsylvania
S
Sonja Offline OP
trapper
Sonja  Offline OP
trapper
S

Pennsylvania
I am new to this site so if there is a past post on this I will gladly refer back to it although I looked and only saw one a few years ago.

Does anyone know of any buyers for wild indigo root (Baptisia tinctoria)? I am in Pennsylvania but it can be anywhere. If so, any idea what prices have been in the past (I know it will fluctuate from year to year) but was just hoping for an idea.

Thanks for any info you may have.

Re: Wild indigo questions [Re: Sonja] #4331194
02/22/14 09:14 AM
02/22/14 09:14 AM
Pennsylvania
S
Sonja Offline OP
trapper
Sonja  Offline OP
trapper
S

Pennsylvania
I guess since no response should I maybe look at something different to grow? This must not be a popular root to sell......or maybe no buyers of this have read the post? Just looking for something worthwhile to grow to supplement my income a bit. I don't have enough shade on my property to grow something that requires that. Thanks again.

Re: Wild indigo questions [Re: Sonja] #4331483
02/22/14 10:58 AM
02/22/14 10:58 AM
Indiana
crawdad crawford Offline
trapper
crawdad crawford  Offline
trapper

Indiana

Wild Indigo For Sale by #

Dont know where to sell it but seems the prices arent too bad per lb at link above. A Root-buyer will chime in soon....

my redneck cancels out my blue collar #countryboycansurvive
Re: Wild indigo questions [Re: crawdad crawford] #4331677
02/22/14 12:06 PM
02/22/14 12:06 PM
Pennsylvania
S
Sonja Offline OP
trapper
Sonja  Offline OP
trapper
S

Pennsylvania
Thanks crawdad crawford for the info and link. Appreciate it. I know this is a wildcrafting forum but was wondering if anyone buys "propagated" root. By propagated I mean that I plant it and harvest it...not coming from the true wild. I realize the price per pound would not be as good, but possibly the root still has the same medicinal properties as wild grown?

I'm new to roots and herbs so please excuse any questions that seem elementary to others.

Re: Wild indigo questions [Re: Sonja] #4331744
02/22/14 12:31 PM
02/22/14 12:31 PM
Indiana
crawdad crawford Offline
trapper
crawdad crawford  Offline
trapper

Indiana
no prob Sonja...we all started somewhere. Personally i learnt everything from my grandma an pa. Woods walkin and stoppin every few yards to show me something new and what they used it for up in the mountains. By no means will it make you rich but for those who enjoy the time spent in the woods anyway, it may pay the for gas. lol

As far as you planting and harvesting the roots...go for it. Worst you are gonna end up with is some new knowledge about the plant and how it grows. I have never had luck cultivating saleable roots but then again i enjoy the thrill of the hunt too much! If he doesnt chime in send Don Wolf a pm about the market for this plant... Good Luck!

my redneck cancels out my blue collar #countryboycansurvive
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread