Land Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Topic Options
Hop to:
#420597 - 11/19/07 06:54 PM How to make a PVC Dirthole Punch(pic)
minkmaster Offline
trapper

Loc: Mt Erie, Illinois
Pic added
1.get a piece of 3 inch PVC about 3 feet long(i prefer the sewer line because it is thicker.
2.measure off 6 inches of the pipe an mark it.
3.get a hack saw and cut from where you made the line down to the opposite side of the pipe so you make a 45* angle.
4.drill a hole the size of a broom stick(or a lil smaller to insure a tight fit)at the top about 2 inches down from the end.
5.cut a piece of broomstick 9 inches long(3 inches for each hand and 3 inches in the pipe)
6.shove the stick in and even it out. now apply an epoxy or superglue to the insides of the handles.
7.using a grinder or something similar cut a hole 1.5 inches wide by 3 inches tall on the side you made your line on.
8.customize! i like to get an old rasp and sharpen the end of the pipe to make it easier to insert. i also paint mine camo so it cannot be seen while im working near a road.like i said tho go crazy and make the pipe to your needs(some like a smaller hole some like a bigger one.

To use:stick pipe on ground where you want your hole and start puching and spinning. it should dig pretty easy. do this till you reach your ideal depth and pull out. if done right the dirt should be left in the pipe. the reason for the "window" or square hole cut in the side is to make removal of dirt easier(just stick your fingers in the hole and push and it should slide right out).

I hope this helps some people and like i said ill try to get pics made if i get some extra time. if you have questions untill the feel free to post them and ill explain them the best i can. \:\) (also good for pocket sets) [/img]

Edited by minkmaster (11/19/07 09:29 PM)

It takes 1 tree to make 1000 matches, but 1 match to burn 1000 trees. - Unknown.

#420713 - 11/19/07 07:33 PM Re: How to make a PVC Dirthole Punch(pic) [Re: minkmaster]
minkmaster Offline
trapper

Loc: Mt Erie, Illinois
got pics added

It takes 1 tree to make 1000 matches, but 1 match to burn 1000 trees. - Unknown.

#420885 - 11/19/07 08:29 PM Re: How to make a PVC Dirthole Punch(pic) [Re: minkmaster]
Rye Offline
trapper

Loc: havelock, NC
Nice.. looks like it makes making a dirt hole set rather easy..

Moderator:  tmrschessie