Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support our sponsors for the Strictly Trapping Page - Trappers Post

Topic Options
Hop to:
#4106955 - 11/10/13 03:51 PM Removing wax from connibears
MittenTrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Port Huron, MI
Lets just say that hypothetically, of course, someone were to wax their 120's and now they can't set them without them going off instantly. How would this person remove the new wax without removing the dye? This is not about me...cough cough. Should I boil them?

#4106968 - 11/10/13 04:03 PM Re: Removing wax from connibears [Re: MittenTrapper]
TigerLand Offline
trapper

Loc: Louisiana
Take a piece of emery cloth for cleaning copper, or a piece of sand paper and sand the spot on the jaw the dog latches on. Scrape it until you see clean metal. Do the same on the dog notches, the spot on the spring that the safety latches latch onto and also the inside of the hook on the latch. Next time you decide to wax your conibears, put a piece of tape on the jaw where the dog notch sits, also put a piece on the springs where the safety latches hook on. Wax the conibears and take a piece of emery cloth and clean out the dog notch's and safety latch hooks until you see bare clean metal. Take off the tape from the jaw and springs. Set the trap and you won't have any problems. That 2" section of trap that doesn't have any wax is not going to hurt anything. It's so much easier to spray paint conibears. But even then you have to clean the dog notch and jaw

#4106982 - 11/10/13 04:09 PM Re: Removing wax from connibears [Re: MittenTrapper]
MittenTrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Port Huron, MI
Thank you!

Moderator:  Drifter, tmrschessie