No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Topic Options
Hop to:
#4082140 - 10/29/13 01:08 PM dirt hole sets for coons
hogger Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio
The first time I used coilsprings I was targeting coyotes and I made the trap bed about 9 inches back and 2 inches to the right of the hole. Although I didn't catch a coyote I caught several coon but it was on the left hind leg almost every time. If I want to target coon specifically how would position the trap bed to get front foot catches?
Thanks

#4082195 - 10/29/13 01:35 PM Re: dirt hole sets for coons [Re: hogger]
coongetter16 Offline
trapper

Loc: Emporia KS
I would put your trap 3 to 4 inches back ( instead of the 9 for coyote) and off set 2. That's what I do and works great. Hope this helps happy trapping!

#4082542 - 10/29/13 04:37 PM Re: dirt hole sets for coons [Re: hogger]
hogger Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio
Thanks alot. I'll give it a shot:)

#4082571 - 10/29/13 04:59 PM Re: dirt hole sets for coons [Re: hogger]
wildWV Offline
trapper

Loc: Fort Ashby WV
Honestly I would take a hind foot catch on a coon anyday rather than missing a yote if one comes along. I catch lots of coon in K9 sets and as long as its in the set when I get their I don't care witch foot is in the trap.Good Luck!!

#4082761 - 10/29/13 06:32 PM Re: dirt hole sets for coons [Re: hogger]
cyacoyote Offline
trapper

Loc: paola,ks
i actually prefer to get a back foot on coon on land.
unless i have double jaw 11's i set them back 9".