Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support our sponsors for the Strictly Trapping Page - Trappers Post

Topic Options
Hop to:
#4050324 - 10/13/13 04:12 PM In the round and green fur prices ?
kyron4 Offline
trapper

Loc: Indiana
My first year trapping, I plan on tanning a fox, a yote, and a nice coon fur for myself and selling the rest to a fur buyer. I don't have the equipment or time to put up fur so I will be selling in the round or green whatever he prefers. My question is how do I know if I'm getting a fair price ? I don't expect finished fur prices, but what's a ballpark guide as to what I should expect ? -Thanks

#4050384 - 10/13/13 05:10 PM Re: In the round and green fur prices ? [Re: kyron4]
rookie sooner Offline
trapper

Loc: meeker oklahoma
Fur market is totally unpredictable, only way to know what kind of deal you got is after the season closes and the last auction runs after the season. If you stay in the black after you get your fur check and had fun trapping, then you did good

#4050389 - 10/13/13 05:13 PM Re: In the round and green fur prices ? [Re: kyron4]
LLtrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Pottawatamie co. IA
Keep watching on here. I am sure you will hear people talking about the second week of what they got and the forum fur gurus will comment that they got ripped off or no way they got that much. It happens yearly and then you have to figure out the truth. LLL

#4050395 - 10/13/13 05:16 PM Re: In the round and green fur prices ? [Re: kyron4]
ATLTrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: S.E.Iowa 36 yrs
^^^^^^^^^theres your answer lol

#4050397 - 10/13/13 05:17 PM Re: In the round and green fur prices ? [Re: rookie sooner]
Reno Al Offline
trapper

Loc: Reno, NV
Originally Posted By: rookie sooner
Fur market is totally unpredictable, only way to know what kind of deal you got is after the season closes and the last auction runs after the season. If you stay in the black after you get your fur check and had fun trapping, then you did good

X2. The guy who buys your catch is taking a gamble. He'll take that into account when he quotes you prices. A fur that sold at auction for $40 last time may only bring $15 this time.

What might be a better thing for you and the buyer is to set it up so he puts up the fur and you send it in under your name. At the end of the auction, go for a split of some sort that you both agree to ahead of time.

The reason I say send it to the auction in your name is because your buyer will certainly have other pelts and keeping them separate if sent under his name just won't usually work.

Yotes 2/200 I must be insane!
Bobcat 0/20
Badger 0/0
Jackrabbit 1/0
Mice 20/ as many as possible!

Moderator:  Drifter, tmrschessie