No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#4021323 - 09/26/13 08:42 PM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Loc: Nebraska
The liberals spent 2 years in total control of the government, and now they are throwing tantrums because they don't control the House anymore.

#4021328 - 09/26/13 08:44 PM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

2009 to 2011 was a prime example of why Democrats shouldn't be in charge of a lemonade stand, much less the US government. Most of the additional national debt was accumulated during that time, and the programs that have kept unemployment above 7% were adopted.

2 years to come within a hair's breadth of destroying what took 200 years to build.

Edited by BuckNE (09/26/13 08:44 PM)

#4021335 - 09/26/13 08:46 PM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
JakeDog Offline
trapper

Loc: Morehead city NC
Nothing gonna happen other than news media makin bunch of drama over it like they do everything else.

Turning 40 this yr! WOW, Thank You Lord for every second, they are precious and appreciated.

#4022311 - 09/27/13 11:29 AM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
2ndjoborfun Offline
trapper

Loc: Alabama
Is it wrong to ask for longevity?
2nd

#4022346 - 09/27/13 11:59 AM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
ringtailtrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Illinois
I wonder if the Obama phones will be shut off laugh...................RTT

#4022371 - 09/27/13 12:27 PM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: Aaron Proffitt]
foxtrpr Offline
trapper

Loc: Hamburg NY
Originally Posted By: Aaron Proffitt
I've never understood how Congress, judges and the executive staff continue to get paid during a shutdown.

Good question. What the media doesn't tell us matters. There is currently a bill in committee that would stop Congress's pay during a shutdown. It is NOT the first such bill. They go to committee and die there. Why is it the media is all over scandals of this one or that yet ignores the scandal of these bills deaths. Call your congressman they all know and are thereby guilty. But they're in the cat birds seat. Because when push comes to shove do you think they'd do without pay when its in their hands to decide? Dream on!

#4022543 - 09/27/13 02:33 PM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
Possumslayer Offline
trapper

Loc: South Central Nebraska
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't a shutdown end up costing a lot in the end? The suspended salaries must be paid back, plus the cost of catching up everything that was left alone during a shutdown?

Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita

#4022559 - 09/27/13 02:40 PM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
FlyinFinn Online   content
trapper

Loc: MN
Maybe, if we're lucky, it will be a permanent shutdown. Economy will be happy to get the boat anchor of government from around its neck if it stays shutdown long enough.

#4023253 - 09/27/13 10:43 PM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
seniortrap Offline
trapper

Loc: michigan,USA
Shut it down for a couple of months. Then offer the same bill to the Senate again.

Hold your ground on commitment! Not just for the PARTY, but what the people wanted instead!

And its not higher premiums and poorer quality care when needed.

Also ground Air Force one and all travel by the president.

This is a Republic, not a Democracy!

Edited by seniortrap (09/28/13 10:51 AM)

#4023403 - 09/28/13 06:07 AM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: James]
2poor Offline

Loc: Lake Mille Lacs , MN
Originally Posted By: James
The infants are throwing tantrums in DC again. One even reads Dr. Zeuss in the halls of Congress.

They lost the election. Grow up and live with it.

Jim

Pretty sure it was Dr. Seuss.

And I am positive that Dr. could do a better job of running this Country.

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" Dr. Seuss

It is a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job !

http://mooseriverlures.com/

#4023486 - 09/28/13 07:38 AM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
MJM Offline
trapper

Loc: ND
They should have been told if they couldn't get a budget figured out they would all be replaced by someone that could. It is their job, isn't it. Then they are way over paid for not doing their job from what I can see.

#4023507 - 09/28/13 08:07 AM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
K91773 Offline
trapper

Loc: Southeast KY
Folks, the aggravating thing about it is that the US Constitution only requires a few things from Congress, one of them is to pass a budget. The last budget was passed in 2009 the Government has operated on a continuing resolution since then. Where else could you get by with not doing a critical element of your job for 4 years and still have a job. No where in the Constitution does it say that Congress shall monitor Major League Baseball, dabble in health care or any or the other umpteen things they have been doing rather than their mandatory duties as specified by the Constitution. They only get by with it because the American public is so poorly informed and apathetic about how things work, it is simple math that you can only live on growing debt for so long before you go bankrupt, we are there now.

Now as far as SSI and disability goes, those payments should continue, and yes the shutdowns always cost more but in the past Congress has voted to give back pay to the workers who were furloughed this is not guaranteed, Congress must authorize it.

The bad thing about it is though there are a lot of career bureaucrats in the Federal Government there are also a lot of really diligent hard working people as well who will be affected by this irresponsible behavior of Congress.

Also something a lot of people don't realize is that not only will National Park Service sites be shut down, all US public land will be closed so technically you will not be able to enter onto USFS, and BLM lands as well so how many non Government employees will this affect because I am sure a lot of people have hunting trips planned, and what about the loggers, miners, guides, and other folks that depend on this for a living? The effects are much farther reaching than many realize.

#4023516 - 09/28/13 08:13 AM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: MJM]
live action Offline
trapper

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: MJM
They should have been told if they couldn't get a budget figured out they would all be replaced by someone that could. It is their job, isn't it. Then they are way over paid for not doing their job from what I can see.

x2

#4023625 - 09/28/13 09:43 AM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

But who do you blame? Democrats blame Republicans because Republicans won't go along with them, and Republicans blame Democrats because Democrats won't go along with them.

20 years ago, the Democrats and Republicans sat down and COMPROMISED, and budgets got passed. But not anymore. This week, the President of the United States came out and publicly stated that he refuses to negotiate on the budget. What do you do with that? When the guy with the veto pen says in no uncertain terms he refuses to negotiate, that it is his way or the highway, what do you do?

#4023641 - 09/28/13 09:52 AM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
Jtrapper Online   crying

Loc: Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
They've not had a budget in 5 years! So why start now?

It's just a continuing resolution, democrats are too stupid to figure out a budget!

#4023679 - 09/28/13 10:10 AM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
2ndjoborfun Offline
trapper

That's a start - I mean to start dialogue!

2nd

#4023738 - 09/28/13 10:58 AM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
2ndjoborfun Offline
trapper

Or a confrontation - Ball/train keeps a rolling.

last

#4023753 - 09/28/13 11:13 AM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: BuckNE]
Recondo Offline
trapper

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: BuckNE
But who do you blame? Democrats blame Republicans because Republicans won't go along with them, and Republicans blame Democrats because Democrats won't go along with them.

20 years ago, the Democrats and Republicans sat down and COMPROMISED, and budgets got passed. But not anymore. This week, the President of the United States came out and publicly stated that he refuses to negotiate on the budget. What do you do with that? When the guy with the veto pen says in no uncertain terms he refuses to negotiate, that it is his way or the highway, what do you do?

shutdown is what you do...
and go to media and lay it out to the public, use the same tactic the grifter and chief uses..
but tell the truth don't spin and lie like Obama does.

Raising the debt ceiling is indeed spending more money.. Bring out the ross perot pie charts to explain it to our dim wits..
Obama care will risk many jobs, make a professional scene so it will be remembered when Christmas roles around and 1000's get pink slips so employers are under the personnel cap of 50.
Show the multitude of snippets where the grifter and chief says he wont accept anything except what he wants.
Talk about his contribution to the debt and how unpatriotic he is by his own words..
Tell the people Obama still hasnt paid for the wars he's continued..
Tell the people that as the majority leader my concern is for the health of the nation, not my legacy like the grifter and chief.
Give up your pay voluntarily..and try to get others in congress to do the same.

Edited by RECONDO (09/28/13 11:16 AM)

#4023852 - 09/28/13 01:16 PM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: foxkidd44]
Snowpa Online   content
trapper

Loc: USA MN
K91773 , You mention Congress a lot, Do you realize where we would be if it were not for Congress resisting Obama and his Senate full of liberals????

#4023974 - 09/28/13 03:02 PM Re: will the government shutdown affect ssi,disability [Re: BuckNE]
KeithC Offline
trapper

Loc: Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted By: BuckNE

Buck, as obama has proven again and again, his word is worthless. Look at his back pedaling on Syria. obama's mouth writes checks his but can't cash.

Keith

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >