No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Topic Options
Hop to:
#4009618 - 09/19/13 06:16 PM How to upload pictures from your PC.
troutt1 Offline
(wannabe special trapper)

Loc: Ohio
Ok, hopefully this helps;

Uploading Pictures from your PC:
1. You have a toolbar right above where you type.
2. You need to click the one with the lil blue arrow.
3. Then you get a screen and you have to click "Choose File".
4. Then you have to point to the picture your trying to upload by double clicking it.
5. Then you have to click "add file from your PC"
6. Then it thinks for a bit and then it gives you a preview of the image.
7. Then you have to click the All done button.
8. Then your back out into the area you type and there is some garbly goop text in there.
9. That is the link to the pic you just uploaded, click "Submit" and the pic will post.
*If you type text into the field then make sure to hit enter and make room to type without changing the link.

#4009692 - 09/19/13 06:58 PM Re: How to upload pictures from your PC. [Re: troutt1]
ret44 Offline
trapper

Loc: nw oh,defiance co.

Pretty cool

Edited by ret44 (09/19/13 07:02 PM)

#4009708 - 09/19/13 07:10 PM Re: How to upload pictures from your PC. [Re: troutt1]
trev Offline
trapper

Loc: N Maine
It keeps coming back that my file is too big . How do I fix it?

#4009726 - 09/19/13 07:22 PM Re: How to upload pictures from your PC. [Re: troutt1]
troutt1 Offline

That means your pic is too big and takes up too much memory. You need to figure out how to dumb it down if you need that one specifically and figure out how to dumb down what your taking pics with so that it doesn't save such a large file size... Let me think of a work around for you thats easy.

#4009732 - 09/19/13 07:29 PM Re: How to upload pictures from your PC. [Re: troutt1]
troutt1 Offline

Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Paint.
(Or you can go to Start, Run, type mspaint, and hit enter.)
Go to file, open, and pick your picture thats too big, and open it.
Go to file, save as, change "Save as Type" to a .jpg or .png style picture.
Type a name in the "File Name" field.
Point it to somewhere you can find it in a minute and click save.
Do not click overwrite if it asks you need to name it something else.
Then you have saved that file somewhere else and Paint probably dumbed it down for you.

Once you get that far you can crop out certain areas of your large pic, paste into another paint you open up, and just save the portion you want to post. By cropping it out you reduce the file size.

Edited by troutt1 (09/19/13 07:29 PM)

#4009735 - 09/19/13 07:30 PM Re: How to upload pictures from your PC. [Re: troutt1]
Magnumhntr Offline
trapper

Loc: Plainwell, Michigan

Nice :-)

-Chris

#4009742 - 09/19/13 07:31 PM Re: How to upload pictures from your PC. [Re: troutt1]
merganser Online   content
trapper

Loc: montana
I guess I'm not getting it, where is the little blue arrow? ON the screen somewhere oo on the keyboard? I see no arrow anywgere on my screen. Nevermind, I see it comes up when I want to reply.

#4009756 - 09/19/13 07:37 PM Re: How to upload pictures from your PC. [Re: troutt1]
troutt1 Offline

Ya its down there right above where you type on the screen. Its the toolbar above the box your typing in as a button you click on with the mouse. You asked so someone else must be wondering the same thing.

Ya the toolbar don't show up unless your logged in and able to reply to a post. If you start a new post its down there too.

Edited by troutt1 (09/19/13 07:38 PM)

#4032074 - 10/02/13 10:20 PM Re: How to upload pictures from your PC. [Re: troutt1]
trev Offline
trapper

#4032084 - 10/02/13 10:23 PM Re: How to upload pictures from your PC. [Re: troutt1]
trev Offline
trapper

Messing around trying to upload a photo now if I can remember haw I did it.