No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Hop to:
#3984531 - 09/05/13 01:55 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: madcotrappwr]
canvasback Offline
"Exempt"

Loc: NY
nanny state
n
(Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a government that makes decisions for people that they might otherwise make for themselves, esp those relating to private and personal behaviour

nanny state
n. Informal
A government perceived as having excessive interest in or control over the welfare of its citizens, especially in the enforcement of extensive public health and safety regulations.

Alaska is turning into New York ! sick

#3984545 - 09/05/13 02:03 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: madcotrappwr]
yukonjeff Offline
trapper

Loc: MTV.Alaska
That's what happens when the conservatives started the "War On Drugs" this military police type activity that is now excepted as normal and is branching out in other government sectors....good luck stopping it now.

#3984579 - 09/05/13 02:26 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: yukonjeff]
mike2396 Offline
trapper

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: yukonjeff
That's what happens when the conservatives started the "War On Drugs" this the military police type activity that is now excepted as normal and is branching out in other government sectors....good luck stopping it now.

The war on drugs is a joke. Like when the cops raided a veterans house over a call about pot plants in his basement. He took out his 9mm, and started shooting. He killed one of them and wounded 6 of them. Then he hung himself in jail for "unknown" reasons. That got my blood boiling.

#3984581 - 09/05/13 02:27 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: canvasback]
Hupurest Offline
"Andy S wannabe"

Loc: Anchoragua
Originally Posted By: canvasback

Slow your roll there beavis. NY is a cesspol of desperation and disaster all on its own in classification.

I reckon that if we wanted to, we could write a check from our SAVINGS / Checking account and purchase the entire state if we wanted to, but we don't.

it is states like NY and California and other weak, broke states which kowtow to the federal governments programs and rules so they can get some more funding. this action emboldens and empowers the morons in the fed system to have more control than they should, and the stupidity trickles down.

#3984745 - 09/05/13 04:07 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: Hupurest]
canvasback Offline
"Exempt"

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Hupurest
Originally Posted By: canvasback

Slow your roll there beavis. NY is a cesspol of desperation and disaster all on its own in classification.

I reckon that if we wanted to, we could write a check from our SAVINGS / Checking account and purchase the entire state if we wanted to, but we don't.

it is states like NY and California and other weak, broke states which kowtow to the federal governments programs and rules so they can get some more funding. this action emboldens and empowers the morons in the fed system to have more control than they should, and the stupidity trickles down.

Most the NYS's financial woes come from dolling out money to NYC.

Now , as to the "beavis" complement, does than mean you are Butthead ?

laugh laugh grin grin

#3984778 - 09/05/13 04:26 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: canvasback]
neverfinished Offline
trapper

Loc: Northern CA
It's suprising those rent a cops are still alive. The residents must have been feeling merciful that day.

#3984976 - 09/05/13 06:32 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: madcotrappwr]
MOcoonskinner Offline
trapper

Loc: NW Missouri
We had a problem in my home town for years with local police conducting illeagel traffic stops, illeagle searches, and worst of all, you couldnt even udder the phrase " Is there a reason why you pulled me over officer" without them puttin the boots to ya. It was well known in Northwest MO to not go to my town because of the crooked cops. Some of them have been arrested in KC for major drug charges, others have had their names discovered in local drug dealers black books but nothing ever happened to them.They messed up one night about a year ago and beat the snot outta some big time attorney from another state that was just passin through. Needless to say he made some waves and the longtime chief finally lost his job over it. When the town rejoiced at his demise, the newly appointed chief wrote a snarky article in the local paper the basically said, "If you didnt like the way he handled busisness, Youll love the way I'm gonna handle busisness." So now our polce force is nonexistant. No patrols, no welfare checks, no radar, no nothing. They wont even show up at a call unless someone has been injured. Great right? Nope. Now the Meth addicts have taken over, robberies and theft are at an all time high and people drive 100 mph through town constantly. Property values have taken a nose dive and I dont want my kids growing up here. Always to much or not enough. Canvasback said it. CONTROL.

#3985210 - 09/05/13 08:09 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: Hupurest]
Pete in Frbks Offline
trapper

Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska
Originally Posted By: Hupurest
pete,

So, if someone was mining ont he bank of the yukon, they would have to return that water clear and drinkable?

Yup. Exactly.

The turbidity standards are all out of whack. And nobody in EPA seems willing to adjust them. Probably because the whackiness helps to eliminate pretty much all the little "mom and pop" mining operations.

Only the big companies can afford to comply with the myriad of regs.

Pete

#3985217 - 09/05/13 08:11 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: white17]
scabtrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Black Hills South Dakota
Originally Posted By: white17
...It was like a gang of [Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot]'s Angels roaring down the road with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of new equipment and the arrogance just dripping off all of them.

White - what have ya got against the Angels, they were here in Spearfish last year and behaved great!

#3985268 - 09/05/13 08:29 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: madcotrappwr]
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"

Loc: McGrath, AK
Being a bit senior to you Scabtrapper, I remember when the Angels on the west coast weren't the most desirable segment of society. Sort of like portions of Vancouver B.C today.

There's always worse actors though. As we saw in Chicken a couple weeks ago.

Remember, they let Barb pass through Spearfish each year.

#3985317 - 09/05/13 08:46 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: madcotrappwr]
scabtrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Black Hills South Dakota
Good point about Barb...

I was in a bar in Sturgis this year during the rally where there were only H#$@s Angels and no other bikers....made me kinda uneasy for the first couple of beers. Not as uncomfortable as it would to be panning on a creek and then overrun by a bunch of environmental swat team members though!

All I can think about now is the Blues Brothers movie

blues brothers swat team

#3985350 - 09/05/13 08:59 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: madcotrappwr]
saddlehorse_98 Offline
trapper

Loc: arkansas
coming to a town near you soon!

#3985376 - 09/05/13 09:09 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: madcotrappwr]
tree Offline
trapper

Loc: southeast alaska
Anyone been boarded by the Coast Guard lately? Kind of got nervous with the kid in the flak vest and helmet with the machine gun in the bow.

#3986438 - 09/06/13 02:27 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: tree]
Pete in Frbks Offline
trapper

Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska
Originally Posted By: tree
Anyone been boarded by the Coast Guard lately? Kind of got nervous with the kid in the flak vest and helmet with the machine gun in the bow.

What do you expect? If you don't have the proper number of PFDs on board, you might deserve to die! Or at least expect to spend the weekend in jail if its the National Park Service rangers who are counting!

See: http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/national-park-service-gets-its-man-and-whole-lot-more

#3986490 - 09/06/13 03:04 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: madcotrappwr]
James Offline
"Minka"

Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
"The state troopers are a good bunch of guys but Alaska has always had a rocky relationship with the feds ever since we made the bad decision in 1959 to become a state."

If Alaska hadn't become a state, we'd still be a territory -- a mere colony -- of the United States. Do you really think the US treats its colonies better than its states?

Colony or state, the jackboot routine would be the same.

Jim

#3986527 - 09/06/13 03:31 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: madcotrappwr]
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"

Loc: McGrath, AK
Sometimes it appears that Puerto Rico has it a lot better than a mere state

#3986536 - 09/06/13 03:37 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: white17]
Gil Turner Offline
trapper

Loc: Mich
Originally Posted By: white17
Sometimes it appears that Puerto Rico has it a lot better than a mere state

Thought they all moved to Jersey?

#3986547 - 09/06/13 03:42 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: madcotrappwr]
BIRDOGS Offline
trapper

Loc: PATUXENT RIVER, LOTHIAN MARYLA...
it sounds to me like you have some serious crime issues up there! how bout I send up a bus load of "FREEDOM FIGHTERS" for you guys.... help lower the crime issues in that out of control state! let me look around, maybe I could get some extras for entertainment purposes..... whistle

#3986550 - 09/06/13 03:42 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: tree]
bad karma Offline
trapper

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted By: tree

Same thing on this side of the country. Makes you feel funny.

#3986575 - 09/06/13 03:57 PM Re: jack booted thugs of alaska. [Re: madcotrappwr]
Born Offline
trapper

Loc: Minnesota
I have no reason not to believe Jim Wilde. Lots of reasons not to believe the Federal government.

Those were a couple of well written articles from the Alaska Dispatch.

Edited by Born (09/06/13 03:57 PM)
http://vimeo.com/63749370

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2