Wildcrafting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~Trapperman.com Live
Trap Chat~Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar
Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting
Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Print Thread
Hop To
other wild roots that can supplement income.. #3883809
07/10/13 10:24 AM
07/10/13 10:24 AM
hopkins/christian co Kentucky
O
olerootdigger Offline OP
trapper
olerootdigger  Offline OP
trapper
O

Hi my name is Jim Farmer and Im a new member.. Hello to all... I am an avid outdoorsman.. a construction worker.. among other things.. As all may know the economy isnt too excellent and in some areas my trades are not that active though i try to be diverse in my skill sets... I am looking to fall back on my roots... no pun intended... I have been hunting ginseng since i was 12 which is now 30 years.. I have also hunted yeller root, otherwise known as yellow poccoon or goldenseal... I know there are many roots botanicals and herbs which have a viable market such as bloodroot and star grub root... etc etc.. Im needing help in finding other herbs with a market so I can be diverse in my wildcrafting... I was wondering if anyone has information on where the buyers market for these other roots and herbs and where i can find contact information and current price lists... I live in western Kentucky. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I dont want a bailout from the government or unneeded help from them and as I said would like to fall back on my roots... Thank you ahead of time .... Bless God America

You can count the number of seeds in an orange but you cant count the number of oranges in a seed..
Re: other wild roots that can supplement income.. [Re: olerootdigger] #3885447
07/11/13 08:38 AM
07/11/13 08:38 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
it's a funny market.raise the price on a root and the market is quickly flooded.for example skunk cabbage went to almost 8 a pound a few years back and was almost worthless the next year.this year bloodroot is hot but i don't know if that market can be flooded.most root questions on here can be answered with good info from don wolf.

Re: other wild roots that can supplement income.. [Re: olerootdigger] #3888028
07/12/13 06:44 PM
07/12/13 06:44 PM
Indiana
crawdad crawford Offline
trapper
crawdad crawford  Offline
trapper

Indiana
Don is the man to talk to....some roots are just plain not worth the trouble/money to dig.

my redneck cancels out my blue collar #countryboycansurvive
Re: other wild roots that can supplement income.. [Re: olerootdigger] #3891026
07/14/13 03:23 PM
07/14/13 03:23 PM
O
olerootdigger Offline OP
trapper
olerootdigger  Offline OP
trapper
O

thanks yall... don contacted me and he is close to my area.. i appreciate the input... god bless..

You can count the number of seeds in an orange but you cant count the number of oranges in a seed..
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread