Land Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Topic Options
Hop to:
#381882 - 10/23/07 08:42 PM FOX - Urine Vs. Cat Urine
Crit''r-Get'r Offline
trapper

Loc: West Tennessee
I have good luck using fox urine only with my fox and cat sets. I use fox urine with cat lure. I catch a fair number of cats and fox. How many of you specfically use fox urine for fox and Cat urine for Cats? I intend to specifically set for cats only in areas that have very few fox and several bobcats.

#381893 - 10/23/07 08:50 PM Re: Fox Urine Vs. Cat Urine [Re: Crit''r-Get'r]
trapperjay Offline
trapper

Loc: Texas
I use cat urine for cats

#381920 - 10/23/07 09:03 PM Re: Fox Urine Vs. Cat Urine [Re: trapperjay]
bulletbox Offline

Loc: Robert Lee, TEXAS
I use both, the reason is that I want to catch the gray fox that come by also...

I also think the more smells the more they move their feet... I don't mix it, but use cat urine in one location and fox urine on the other side of the set, with a lure in the middle....

bulletbox,
TEXAS

Even sheep are smart enough to shade up when it gets over 100....

#382279 - 10/24/07 07:13 AM Re: Fox Urine Vs. Cat Urine [Re: bulletbox]
Mike Taylor Offline
trapper

Loc: PA
Here in Pa. I've had good luck using cat urine and a cat gland mix.Works real well...

#382362 - 10/24/07 08:42 AM Re: Fox Urine Vs. Cat Urine [Re: Mike Taylor]
j lord Offline
trapper

Loc: Flatland TN
i think you're doing just fine with the number of cats you catch CG, lol. with that said, i'll use cat urine most of the time specifically for cat sets, but will occasionaly add fox urine. i've caught quite a few greys after cat catches, so i'll use fox urine at times.

http://www.jlordvideos.com/apps/forums/
"Trappers Lodge"

#382369 - 10/24/07 08:48 AM Re: Fox Urine Vs. Cat Urine [Re: j lord]
bobCATching
Unregistered

IMHO: I think both are attractive to cats. This year I'm using cat urine again, but other years I've used all fox urine. And I've used various mixtures of both along with coyote urine. Good sets on good locations always seem to produce the cats \:\)

#382385 - 10/24/07 09:04 AM Re: Fox Urine Vs. Cat Urine [Re: ]
Corey Hain
Unregistered

I would rather use cat pee...but i've caught alot of cat's on fox/coyote pee....I have a half gallon of Bob Jameson's cat pee left from last year that i'll use this fall, I also have a gallon of red fox pee that i'll switch up and use also...(Bob has top quality cat pee if anyone needs any)

Moderator:  tmrschessie