Trapper's Humor

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#380348 - 10/22/07 06:14 PM For you trappers who trap away from home.....
Paul Dobbins Online   content
"Trapperman custodian"

Loc: Goldsboro, North Carolina
When dad would go out of state to trap, he'd have lapses in communication with mom. Back then there weren't any cell phones and to call would require a trip to town to use a phone at a phone booth. Dad would write, but his trips to the post office to mail his letters were not frequent.

Of course mom would get a bit P'Od about it, but usually kept her discontent to herself.

One time she hadn't heard from dad for quite some spell. I'm not sure if he was trapping in Western Tennessee, or Arkansas. Anyway, she decided to send him a form letter to fill out. She figured if he only had to check boxes, maybe he'd be more inclined to communicate. Of course this was something she did to make a point - lol. And.... she had a stamped and addressed envelope with it, so all he'd have to do is put the form letter into the envelope and mail it.

Later he wrote an article about this letter in one of the trapping magazines.

Anyway, here's a copy of that form letter. I crack up every time I read it.....

#380353 - 10/22/07 06:17 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: Paul Dobbins]
shanemoss Offline
trapper

Loc: Cook Springs, Alabama/ SE WI
lmao...

#380354 - 10/22/07 06:20 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: Paul Dobbins]
Sledgehammer Offline
trapper

Loc: Friend, NE
Oh man. That's a classic. Thanks for sharing Paul

#380361 - 10/22/07 06:27 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: Sledgehammer]
mark Offline
trapper

Loc: Logan County KY
ROFL

#380364 - 10/22/07 06:28 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: Sledgehammer]
Lil' Bit
Unregistered

that is so awesome. Your mom seems like a great lady.

#380366 - 10/22/07 06:30 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: ]
Tim Wilcox Offline
trapper

Loc: Silver Springs, NY
Thats funny right there !!

#380369 - 10/22/07 06:31 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: Sledgehammer]
CedarRivrTrappr Offline
trapper

Loc: St. Ansgar, Iowa
Thats funny.

#380373 - 10/22/07 06:32 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: CedarRivrTrappr]
Cooncuff Offline
trapper

Loc: Omro, Wisconsin
Bet her point was well taken......Must have been really something growing up in your house....Thanks for sharing....CC

#380406 - 10/22/07 06:49 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: Cooncuff]
Jtrapper Online   crying

Loc: Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
haha, needed a good laugh this evening and that was a good one though i fear it may of given Shelly idea's??????? lol.

I recall reading that article by your dad and it was as funny then as this letter is now, lol.

The story of him bringing her flowers home when off with Hal trapping is also another good one, think Miz shared that one with me, lol.

#380437 - 10/22/07 07:10 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: CodyCoyote12]
g3trappernc Offline
trapper

Loc: Iredell County, NC
That is hilarious. Thanks for sharing Paul...

#380443 - 10/22/07 07:13 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: g3trappernc]
tonymalone Offline
trapper

Loc: AR. in the delta
Paul thanks for shareing,

#380450 - 10/22/07 07:15 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: tonymalone]
Samuelhasguns Offline
trapper

Loc: Pennsylvania,Lackawanna
ROFL

Sounds like good times ! lol

#380473 - 10/22/07 07:29 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: Samuelhasguns]
270Jake Offline
trapper

Loc: Michigan
Thank you for sharing!

#380502 - 10/22/07 07:44 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: Paul Dobbins]
MsCat
Unregistered

hahahahaa! I wish I'd known about that letter when I met your Mom, Paul.........I would have given her a big hug and told her what a great wife she was!

That is priceless........I think I'll use that style one of these days for Mr Woolson! Trapping season starts here Thursday!

#380528 - 10/22/07 07:55 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: ]
MnMan Offline
trapper

Loc: Central MN, sort of old
Your mom had a great sense of humor and I think that is what helped her raise you to become the fine upstanding citizen of the trapping community that you are. I really got a kick out of that letter! Thanks!

#380559 - 10/22/07 08:09 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: MnMan]
MoSam Offline
trapper

Loc: Missouri
That's funny Paul -- thanks for sharing.

I only met your mom a couple of times but I enjoyed visiting with her each time. I will never forget your mom and i were talking at your booth in Columbia, Missouri for the NTA that year. There were a couple of ladies talking about how dirty thier husbands clothes were when they got home from trapping and your mom says to them
"It's just dirt honey it will wash out and if it doesn't they don't care they will put them on anyways" Not sure if it was what she said or how she said it that struck me as funny but I have never forgotten that.

#380673 - 10/22/07 09:12 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: MoSam]
newhouse114 Offline
trapper

Loc: S.W.Oregon
I want to know if your Dad ever filled it out and mailed it back?

http://alaskastoneanivory.com/index

#380703 - 10/22/07 09:33 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: newhouse114]
big ab Offline
trapper

Loc: georgia
Your mom sounds like my mom was. Just hilarious.

#380705 - 10/22/07 09:34 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: newhouse114]
Paul Dobbins Online   content
"Trapperman custodian"

Loc: Goldsboro, North Carolina
LOL - No Chuck, that is the original and you see there are no check marks on it. He did cherish it though and wrote about it.

#380710 - 10/22/07 09:37 PM Re: For you trappers who trap away from home..... [Re: Paul Dobbins]
linderbean Offline
trapper

Loc: Chicagoland
Paul, that's too cool! Thanks for sharing that! Very funny stuff right there!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Drifter