No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Topic Options
Hop to:
#3752234 - 04/09/13 08:46 PM Alabama Trappers
Gulfcoasttider Offline
trapper

Loc: Mobile, AL
I'll be a rookie trapper this coming season, and have been trying to see if there were any other trappers in my area (Mobile/Gulf Coast/AL). When I mention trapping to anyone, they look at me as if I'd asked if they knew of any Aborigines in the area. Is there a way to see how many furbearer licenses were issued in your county? I can't be the only one here.

#3752271 - 04/09/13 09:06 PM Re: Alabama Trappers [Re: Gulfcoasttider]
BandB Online   content
trapper

Loc: alabama
The times I have bought my license at the court house, I have asked and they have given me an approximate number for my county. I know there is at least one guy down that way. He has been to the spring atpca meeting dropping off fur, but I didn't get his name.

#3752278 - 04/09/13 09:09 PM Re: Alabama Trappers [Re: Gulfcoasttider]
Gulfcoasttider Offline
trapper

I'll try that. Thanks man

#3752279 - 04/09/13 09:09 PM Re: Alabama Trappers [Re: Gulfcoasttider]
warrior Offline
trapper

Loc: Georgia
Other than the critter control guys out of mobile actual fur trappers are few and far between in LA. There are quite a few but they are spread thin, good news if you don't like competition bad if you're wanting to talk shop.

#3752286 - 04/09/13 09:13 PM Re: Alabama Trappers [Re: Gulfcoasttider]
Gulfcoasttider Offline
trapper

Yeah, if y'all see some beef jerky looking furs from Mobile next year you'll know who sent them