No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#3742787 - 04/04/13 08:07 AM remake of Jeremiah Johnson
rookietrapper2 Offline
trapper

Loc: wisconsin
If this movie was remade who would you cast as Jeremiah?

#3742793 - 04/04/13 08:10 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Law Dog Offline
trapper

Loc: Central, SD
Ryan Seacrest??? laugh

Jerry Herbst

#3742798 - 04/04/13 08:16 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
trappertom52 Offline
trapper

Loc: N.E. Pennsylvania
Somebody from this forum would have to volunteer. I don't think anybody in hollywood is deserving.
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt Proverbs 12:27

#3742800 - 04/04/13 08:17 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
merganser Offline
trapper

Loc: montana
Justin Beiber

#3742801 - 04/04/13 08:18 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
merganser Offline
trapper

Loc: montana
LOL

#3742802 - 04/04/13 08:19 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
PaulB Offline
trapper

Loc: Iowa
Me

#3742803 - 04/04/13 08:19 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
grimlin Offline
trapper

Loc: Putnam co. West Virginia
They would really be better off with a real trapper, but they will get someone like brad Pitt to do it

#3742805 - 04/04/13 08:19 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
yodeldog101 Offline
trapper

Loc: Mt
Ted Nugent !!

#3742806 - 04/04/13 08:20 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Andy n Dutch Offline
trapper

Loc: Suffolk, Va
Si Robertson or Zach Galafanakis

Afterthought in all seriousness: Jeff Bridges One of my fav actors. Good in every role.

Edited by Andy n Dutch (04/04/13 08:21 AM)

#3742808 - 04/04/13 08:24 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Recondo Offline
trapper

Loc: Alaska
A younger Tom Selleck would have been perfect.. and he also the only one in Hollywood that would be deserving.. When you get down to it Redford was anti-a-lot-stuff..

#3742814 - 04/04/13 08:26 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Snowpa Offline
trapper

Loc: USA MN
Dont see a remake ever matching the one with Robert Redford in it,Kind of like Ben Hur with Charlton Heston

#3742839 - 04/04/13 08:33 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Giardiasis Offline
trapper

Loc: North Wisconsin
HA Brad Pitt, and Kim Kardashion as the little native woman LOL

#3742850 - 04/04/13 08:37 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Tracks445 Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Pennsylvania
You have to remember the she was the LITTLE native women Kim has a big but it wouldn't work for me.

#3742858 - 04/04/13 08:40 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
tabor Offline
trapper

Loc: Tennessee
JLord!!!!!! laugh

#3742862 - 04/04/13 08:42 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
ThumbStateTrappr Offline
trapper

Loc: Michigan's Thumb
Don't even ask that question!!! They already ruined True Grit. Classics should be left alone. Movie makers nowadays have no original ideas so they just recycle and re-do everything they liked as a kid. Have you not noticed in the last 10 years that almost every movie that comes out is a re-make of an old movie or tv show. Hardly any are new ideas.

A trapper is an addict, Furbearers the drug, The outdoors the enabler, And there is no cure.

#3742877 - 04/04/13 08:48 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Laurel Mtman2 Offline
trapper

Loc: Laurel Mt. , Pa.
Will Smith

Can't cheat the mountain Pilgrim

"Shaping and molding youthful minds into a focused world view"
Ernest P. Worrell

#3742879 - 04/04/13 08:48 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: ThumbStateTrappr]
rookietrapper2 Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: ThumbStateTrappr
Don't even ask that question!!! They already ruined True Grit. Classics should be left alone. Movie makers nowadays have no original ideas so they just recycle and re-do everything they liked as a kid. Have you not noticed in the last 10 years that almost every movie that comes out is a re-make of an old movie or tv show. Hardly any are new ideas.

That's the reason for the question. I thought Bridges did a great Rooster. Plus he is the Dude..lmao

#3742901 - 04/04/13 09:03 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
phutch30 Offline
trapper

Loc: SW MT
The problem with the original was it was so far off the book that it was hard to take.

#3742902 - 04/04/13 09:03 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
seniortrap Offline
trapper

Loc: michigan,USA
Why do we NEED a remake?

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."

Will Rogers

#3742905 - 04/04/13 09:04 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
2poor Offline

Loc: Lake Mille Lacs , MN
Newt !

It is a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job !

http://mooseriverlures.com/

#3742906 - 04/04/13 09:04 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
trapperman83 Offline
trapper

Loc: Montana
The new true grit was a disgrace to John Wayne. Bridges wasn't half the man of the duke.

#3742929 - 04/04/13 09:14 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
rookietrapper2 Offline
trapper

Here is the problem I have, yes remakes of classics loose their appeal with the original viewer's. But the new generation needs their own version to relate. I love the westerns with Clint and John but many kids won't watch them. Maybe an updated version of these movies will get kids excited to explore outdoors instead of play video games all day.

#3742957 - 04/04/13 09:26 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Otter04 Offline
trapper

Loc: Westerlo, New York
If it was newt, they would have to bring in a stunt double just to get on the horse. lol

#3742962 - 04/04/13 09:29 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Giardiasis Offline
trapper

Loc: North Wisconsin
Wanna change my answer...Bob Noonan, with Jessica Beel as the girl, and I'll play the boy. That way in down time on the set I could split my time between hitting on Jessica and picking Bob's brain LOL

#3742968 - 04/04/13 09:32 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Recondo Offline
trapper

Loc: Alaska
I know the perfect person for the Mad Trapper.

#3742970 - 04/04/13 09:33 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Hodagtrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Dave Plueger as Jeremiah and ADC as Will Geer! smile

>>In God we trust<<

#3742974 - 04/04/13 09:36 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: seniortrap]
sparkyd Offline
trapper

Loc: Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: seniortrap
Why do we NEED a remake?

X2

#3742979 - 04/04/13 09:38 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
ThumbStateTrappr Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: rookietrapper2
Here is the problem I have, yes remakes of classics loose their appeal with the original viewer's. But the new generation needs their own version to relate. I love the westerns with Clint and John but many kids won't watch them. Maybe an updated version of these movies will get kids excited to explore outdoors instead of play video games all day.

John Wayne's last movie was made about the time I was still in diapers, so I am far from an "original viewer". They hold value with what I believe the Dukes core beliefs were. Mainly being a man. In the true sense of the word. Not just a coming of age. Many of his films hold life lessons within, and if watched with the younger generation, can be appreciated and learned, and most importantly... enjoyed. The new True Grit lost its value because there was none in it. Just a bad photocopy.

A trapper is an addict, Furbearers the drug, The outdoors the enabler, And there is no cure.

#3743002 - 04/04/13 09:49 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Andy n Dutch Offline
trapper

I don't mind a remake as long as it is well done. We might as well re-do the script for the modern times though:

Daniel Craig as Johnson with Robert Redford as Bear Claw.

Story should start in Denver with Johnson smoking legal refer and playing hacky sack at Colorodo U. He finally gets tired of protesting gun shows and watching his football team embarrass themselves so he decides to totally reinvent himself. When he decides to head north (instead of west) he should have to settle for a .22 Cricket because thats pretty much the only firearm legal in CO anymore.

He should be on a trout stream when he meets Paints his shirt Red as in the original... trying to cast a dry fly into the wind with a 10' rod and low overhanging trees. Paints His Shirt Red should have on a red flannel shirt, a spinning rod, half a can of sweet corn and a full stringer of trout. They should let that twlight wolf kid play paint's his shirt red in favor of using one of the five readily availabe and often used Mexican actors in hollywood (ever notice that you always recognise them? They must have a union). It will make the girlfriends and wives easier to convince to see the movie too, and counter balance my casting for Swan, Katherine Webb (who I got in quite a bit of trouble over the other night when the wife and I saw her on TV doing the high dive... and all I said was she was a pretty girl).

Hatchet Jack should be discovered with an AR-15, five 30-round mags and 1000 rounds of ammo after having a heart attack from drinking a soft drink in excess of 16oz.

Stefan Gierasch should still be playing Del Gue because he was so perfect for the role, but he is no spring chicken. Might need a new curmudgeon with a fair sense of comic relief to take over. I can't think of a good one right now other than Woody Paige from Around the Horn... but he is a sports writer and might not be up to it.

Gary Busey should be cast as the US cav guy with the glasses because he is the only actor ugly enough for that role.

Not sure how the plot should unfold from there, but I suspect most of the battleing will be done one by one with anti-gun senators, govenors, mayors againest gun violence and PETA (there will be at least one girl with died pink and purple hair from that tribe). Expect a cameo from either Bloomberg, Peilosi or Cuomo depending on availability. Might have to use the ghost of Ted Kennedy... who will likely be buried in the graveyard Johnson leads the cav through.

In the course of his battles, he will get ripped off by a country buyer, his AR-15 will be siezed by an illegal search when he cannot produce proof he acquired it legally, he won't be allowed to ride his ATV in the natural protected area and he will be made subject to ridcule on the internet after National Geographic does a reality show about him and spins the truth to make him look like a bumbling greenhorn buffoon.

Ultimately, he will lose a bid for some low level public service job in a high-profile election funded by superpacks and find himself on Dancing with the Stars. Still in his buckskins.

#3743009 - 04/04/13 09:54 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
michael_obrien Offline
trapper

Loc: mn
white 17 but he would have to try real hard to get the old blister to play the squaw! lol

#3743010 - 04/04/13 09:56 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: Andy n Dutch]
sparkyd Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Andy n Dutch
I don't mind a remake as long as it is well done. We might as well re-do the script for the modern times though:

Daniel Craig as Johnson with Robert Redford as Bear Claw.

Story should start in Denver with Johnson smoking legal refer and playing hacky sack at Colorodo U. He finally gets tired of protesting gun shows and watching his football team embarrass themselves so he decides to totally reinvent himself. When he decides to head north (instead of west) he should have to settle for a .22 Cricket because thats pretty much the only firearm legal in CO anymore.

He should be on a trout stream when he meets Paints his shirt Red as in the original... trying to cast a dry fly into the wind with a 10' rod and low overhanging trees. Paints His Shirt Red should have on a red flannel shirt, a spinning rod, half a can of sweet corn and a full stringer of trout. They should let that twlight wolf kid play paint's his shirt red in favor of using one of the five readily availabe and often used Mexican actors in hollywood (ever notice that you always recognise them? They must have a union). It will make the girlfriends and wives easier to convince to see the movie too, and counter balance my casting for Swan, Katherine Webb (who I got in quite a bit of trouble over the other night when the wife and I saw her on TV doing the high dive... and all I said was she was a pretty girl).

Hatchet Jack should be discovered with an AR-15, five 30-round mags and 1000 rounds of ammo after having a heart attack from drinking a soft drink in excess of 16oz.

Stefan Gierasch should still be playing Del Gue because he was so perfect for the role, but he is no spring chicken. Might need a new curmudgeon with a fair sense of comic relief to take over. I can't think of a good one right now other than Woody Paige from Around the Horn... but he is a sports writer and might not be up to it.

Gary Busey should be cast as the US cav guy with the glasses because he is the only actor ugly enough for that role.

Not sure how the plot should unfold from there, but I suspect most of the battleing will be done one by one with anti-gun senators, govenors, mayors againest gun violence and PETA (there will be at least one girl with died pink and purple hair from that tribe). Expect a cameo from either Bloomberg, Peilosi or Cuomo depending on availability. Might have to use the ghost of Ted Kennedy... who will likely be buried in the graveyard Johnson leads the cav through.

In the course of his battles, he will get ripped off by a country buyer, his AR-15 will be siezed by an illegal search when he cannot produce proof he acquired it legally, he won't be allowed to ride his ATV in the natural protected area and he will be made subject to ridcule on the internet after National Geographic does a reality show about him and spins the truth to make him look like a bumbling greenhorn buffoon.

Ultimately, he will lose a bid for some low level public service job in a high-profile election funded by superpacks and find himself on Dancing with the Stars. Still in his buckskins.

Oh my you need something to do that much time on your hands and you will be in hollywood before long!

#3743015 - 04/04/13 09:59 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: sparkyd]
dob Offline
trapper

Loc: SW Arkinsaw
Jim Carrey!!! HA........

#3743045 - 04/04/13 10:15 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: sparkyd]
Andy n Dutch Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: sparkyd
[quote=Andy n Dutch]
Oh my you need something to do that much time on your hands and you will be in hollywood before long!

Wife is out running errands and I am watching our new born, who is currently sleeping. Baby monitor close at hand... kinda prevents me doing anything constructive!

#3743067 - 04/04/13 10:26 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
sparkyd Offline
trapper

Kid needs a wake up call to get dad from computer;)

#3743105 - 04/04/13 10:42 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
coontrapperchad Offline
trapper

Loc: southeast iowa
Sam Elliot would have been a good mountain man.

#3743111 - 04/04/13 10:44 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
brn2fsh Offline
trapper

Loc: MT
Do you think that there will be any liver eating in this one?

#3743157 - 04/04/13 11:01 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: brn2fsh]
rookietrapper2 Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: brn2fsh
Do you think that there will be any liver eating in this one?

Its a remake anything could happen!

#3743408 - 04/04/13 02:04 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: tabor]
Tightchain Offline
trapper

Loc: S.C. Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: tabor
JLord!!!!!! laugh

LMAO!

Nah, wouldn't be James as all you would see in the movie would be him holding his cell phone trying to get service! grin

#3743443 - 04/04/13 02:21 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: Tightchain]
Phil Nichols Offline
trapper

Loc: Chocowinity, NC
Newt or Pee Wee Herman

#3743459 - 04/04/13 02:30 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Riverotter2 Offline
trapper

Loc: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Steve Tyler from Aerosmith, he trapped some when he was young. I could play the old bald guy.

#3743553 - 04/04/13 03:43 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: Riverotter2]
trapmando Offline
trapper

Loc: Myrtle Beach, S.C
Kevin Costner would be a good " Jeremiah "

#3743557 - 04/04/13 03:47 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: Phil Nichols]
Newt Offline
trapper

Loc: Port Republic South Jersey
Originally Posted By: Phil Nichols
Newt or Pee Wee Herman

Up yours Phil LOL

They could'nt make a movie like that again. The PC police would shut it down.
------------------OVER---------------

www.snareone.com

#3743703 - 04/04/13 05:38 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Coyote Cuffer Offline
trapper

Loc: Lampasas,Texas
I can see it now, Jeremiah leaves the closet. He will be played by Ellen Degeneres as a sex-changed mountain queer. He/she will be partnered with Lindsey Lohan who will be the feminine side of the pair. They will trap with soft catch 1.5 dukes and release everything after neutering them. If any hunting is done it will be with cameras only. How nice and politically correct.

#3743748 - 04/04/13 06:04 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
lonewolf49 Offline
trapper

Loc: North Woods, WI
Just leave it alone!

#3743912 - 04/04/13 07:25 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
IndianHemlock Online   content
trapper

Loc: Central Pa.
Dennis Quade

#3743936 - 04/04/13 07:35 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: seniortrap]
Boone Liane Online   content
trapper

Loc: MT
Originally Posted By: seniortrap
Why do we NEED a remake?

Exactly.

How about a movie about the REAL liver eatin' Johnson?

#3743964 - 04/04/13 07:46 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
charman03 Offline
trapper

Loc: PA
My choice would be Tom from the mountain man series. That guy is a true trapper and will battle with any griz that comes his way.

#3743981 - 04/04/13 07:57 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Archer156 Offline
trapper

Loc: Vernon, Texas
Tom Cruz, Tom Hanks, Kevin Costner to name a few good actors for the parts!

#3743995 - 04/04/13 08:04 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
michael_obrien Offline
trapper

Loc: mn
what about that eustice dude you all love so much

#3744029 - 04/04/13 08:21 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: Coyote Cuffer]
Jeremiah J0hns0n Offline
trapper

Loc: North Dakota
Originally Posted By: Coyote Cuffer
I can see it now, Jeremiah leaves the closet. He will be played by Ellen Degeneres as a sex-changed mountain queer. He/she will be partnered with Lindsey Lohan who will be the feminine side of the pair. They will trap with soft catch 1.5 dukes and release everything after neutering them. If any hunting is done it will be with cameras only. How nice and politically correct.

hahahahahaha!!! sad but true.. thanks i havnt laghed so hard in a long time laugh laugh

#3744035 - 04/04/13 08:25 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: ThumbStateTrappr]
G-Trapper Offline
trapper

Loc: north west missouri
i have to agreeif you have the origanal the remake sucked.

#3744042 - 04/04/13 08:31 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
matt buche Offline
trapper

Loc: Portland, Michigan
Like i said before the real story of John Johnston is much more interesting than the movie (which i do like).The real Liver Eater was like 6 foot 4 and weighed like 250 or 260 and ended up the sheriff in Red Lodge Montana in the 1880s. He ended up dying in a VA hospital in LA. He was only there one month. After the movie came out he was reburied at Old Trail Town in Cody Wyo. Redford was a pall bearer. I wouldnt want a remake, but maybe the true story...

#3744061 - 04/04/13 08:40 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
MAD TRAPPER 47 Offline
trapper

Loc: Northwest, Maine
Hugh Jackman, And Bruce Willis as The bold guy.

#3744130 - 04/04/13 09:03 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: MAD TRAPPER 47]
rookietrapper2 Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: MAD TRAPPER 47
Hugh Jackman, And Bruce Willis as The bold guy.

That could work

#3744134 - 04/04/13 09:06 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: Hodagtrapper]
Dave Plueger Offline
trapper

Loc: Iowa (where the tall corn grow...
Originally Posted By: Hodagtrapper
Dave Plueger as Jeremiah and ADC as Will Geer! smile

I'll guarantee you wouldn't here the line "be careful with that thing boy, it can take your hand off"

#3744139 - 04/04/13 09:08 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
larry fine Offline
trapper

Loc: Almost Canada, MT
" THE GILDFORD LEGEND "

#3744192 - 04/04/13 09:32 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
ponyboy Offline
trapper

Loc: New York
I am a big John Wayne fan and own both the original and the new True Grit. I do like the new one a lot. I think that the girl that plays Mattie is a real good actor and does a fine job. I think she did a better job than the original actress. Also the fella that replaces Glen Campbell helps a lot also. Glen Campbell wasn't the greatest actor. As far as replacing the Duke, It is a monumental task, but who would have done better in trying? They changed up a few things and took some liberties, but, all in all I liked the new one also. To stay on topic. Maybe Get Tom Selleck to play Will Geer. Pitt could pull off Jeremiah Johnson most likely, if he can ride.

Edited by ponyboy (04/04/13 09:36 PM)

#3744338 - 04/04/13 10:32 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: ThumbStateTrappr]
Idtrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Idaho
Originally Posted By: rookietrapper2

John Wayne's last movie was made about the time I was still in diapers, so I am far from an "original viewer". They hold value with what I believe the Dukes core beliefs were. Mainly being a man. In the true sense of the word. Not just a coming of age. Many of his films hold life lessons within, and if watched with the younger generation, can be appreciated and learned, and most importantly... enjoyed. The new True Grit lost its value because there was none in it. Just a bad photocopy.

The nick name "Duke" came from the dog he had as a boy...and if you did a little looking you would find that Marion (His real name)wasn't such a hero in real life..Hey it's only a movie..

#3744361 - 04/04/13 10:44 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: Snowpa]
madcotrappwr Offline
trapper

Loc: central ohio
Originally Posted By: Snowpa
Dont see a remake ever matching the one with Robert Redford in it,Kind of like Ben Hur with Charlton Heston

True grit remake just didn't make it either.

#3744650 - 04/05/13 06:48 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Newt Offline
trapper

What was the line about "balled for beads"

www.snareone.com

#3744727 - 04/05/13 07:44 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
coydog2 Offline
trapper

I say no remake . As for when Redford did the movie ,he had someone teach him how to live that way to do the part.I have the book of the one that have taught him how to live the way, that was shown in the movie. The name of the book is Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen it was published by Pocket Book. Redford did a small write up in the book also.

#3744744 - 04/05/13 07:56 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Dale Torma Offline
trapper

Loc: Northern MN
Coydog, that is interesting. I met Larry Dean Olsen some years ago in Idaho, he was teaching troubled kids and brought them to the Rabbitstick rendezvous in Rexburg. He was an interesting humble guy. His book was a great help to me.

#3744748 - 04/05/13 07:59 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
pappy t Offline
trapper

Loc: western ky
I vote for Timothy Olyphant as Johnson. Anybody that watches Justfied knows what I mean.

#3744750 - 04/05/13 07:59 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
ThumbStateTrappr Offline
trapper

Newt, I think it was actually "bawled for beads" as in yelled at for or begged for.

#3744753 - 04/05/13 08:02 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
ThumbStateTrappr Offline
trapper

Or, if it was "balled", I'm sure you could imagine how they could be used as beads. grin

#3744941 - 04/05/13 09:56 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Newt Offline
trapper

He was talk'n about a woman that he knew. The beads is what he payed her.

www.snareone.com

#3744958 - 04/05/13 10:14 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: Newt]
Laurel Mtman2 Offline
trapper

Loc: Laurel Mt. , Pa.
Originally Posted By: Newt
What was the line about "balled for beads"

l packed a squaw
for years, pilgrim.
Cheyenne, she was.
And the meanest bich
that ever bawled for beads!
l lodgepoled her at Dead Wolf Creek
and traded her for a Hawkin gun!

Can't cheat the mountain Pilgrim

"Shaping and molding youthful minds into a focused world view"
Ernest P. Worrell

#3744984 - 04/05/13 10:40 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Dale Torma Offline
trapper

Your minds are in the gutter

#3745009 - 04/05/13 11:00 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Newt Offline
trapper

NAAAAAAAAAAA, Its "balled for beads"

www.snareone.com

#3745066 - 04/05/13 11:53 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Derek Delaney Offline
trapper

Loc: North West GA.
LoL

#3745096 - 04/05/13 12:20 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: Dale Torma]
coydog2 Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Dale T
Coydog, that is interesting. I met Larry Dean Olsen some years ago in Idaho, he was teaching troubled kids and brought them to the Rabbitstick rendezvous in Rexburg. He was an interesting humble guy. His book was a great help to me.

Dale the book was first published in 1967 by Brgham Young University Press and then it was the fourth edition published 1973 and Pocket Book edition published June 1976 and that is the one I have. I got in in 1977 .My mom had wrote it in the book then .

#3780305 - 04/27/13 01:26 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
jbeasy Offline
trapper

Loc: Minnesota
I have put a LOT of thought into this, as JJ is one of my all-time faves. I have a few ideas for casting:

For JJ, i have a few in mind. First, Ryan Gosling. You may laugh, but he is getting attention by guys like deNero and Redford as our most talented new younger actor. did you see Drive or Fracture? Second choice is Jeremy Renner. Another talented younger actor, very very polished.

For Will Geer's character, how about will Patton? Or if they wanted to make a younger man I like Barry Pepper.

I hope they remake this movie. It's not hallowed like Dances with Wolves or forrest Gump, so it's ripe for remaking. I'd like to see the Coen's or Tarrentino remake this one.

#3780469 - 04/27/13 08:21 AM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Dale Torma Offline
trapper

They would need to consult a trapper-historian to make sure things were correct and believable. A couple simple mistakes can detract from the art of the movie.

I am NOT a Costner fan, he always seems to come out as a hero and his acting sucks. Robert Duvall would be a good old timer in any movie. Pretty difficult to find a will Geer replacement. Graham Green would be a good choice for an older native part.

#3780938 - 04/27/13 05:29 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
V3N Offline
trapper

Loc: Indiana
No one in Hollywood would want to remake a Redford movie.
You would have a better chance doing the Liver Eat'n Johnson story as a new project. With all the killing and gore,the cannibalism and scalping, it would be a hit.

"There's a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness."
Dave Barry

#3780940 - 04/27/13 05:33 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
Rain Man Offline
trapper

Loc: Eastern PA
Jim Carrey!!!! Haha. I know how well-liked he is on here....

#3780949 - 04/27/13 05:50 PM Re: remake of Jeremiah Johnson [Re: rookietrapper2]
StoneKnife Offline
trapper

Loc: NY
Magic Johnson.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >