No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#3741780 - 04/03/13 06:34 PM Sore legs and leg cramps
bulletbox Offline

Loc: Robert Lee, TEXAS
For the last couple of months, my legs have been giving me fits...

They are so sore somedays, I would thought I had run several miles before I got out of bed...

They cramp some nights so bad that I have to turn around in bed, so I can push on the headboard, just to get some sleep...

Any ideas on what to do about it??

Meds, over the counter stuff, anything??

Leg cramps do run in my Mother's side of the family... I can remember my Grandmother walking the floor, many a night... and her brothers had them also..

bulletbox,
TEXAS

Even sheep are smart enough to shade up when it gets over 100....

#3741788 - 04/03/13 06:38 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
MikeTraps2 Offline
trapper

Loc: Ames, IA
Teagan my oldest dances about 40 hours a week at the dance center between taking classes and teaching them. She takes heavy doses of calcium magnesium tablets every night to fight the cramps.

MikeD

#3741791 - 04/03/13 06:40 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
CoonNfoxtrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Iowa
Go to the doctor and Have your Blood pressure checked in your feet make sure your getting good Blood Flow. Start on a good Vitamin just in case ur lacking some vitamins.. I think lack of vitamin C causes muscle cramps

#3741799 - 04/03/13 06:45 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
GritGuy Offline

Loc: Magna, Utah
Bananas work pretty well though they slow your lower GI down a bit, the very best I have found for mine is a 8 oz. glass of orange juice during the day.

Staying on your feet all day with out a prolonged rest adds to the cramps.

Your body is short the potassium it needs, and you need to replace it before you sleep when your muscles relax.

Eating food with it in it will help, however you also need to make sure your hydrated to get it metabolized in time for sleep. You need to also stay hydrated all day as well.

I know right off when I'm going to have trouble cause I can feel them coming on hours before I go to sleep so we keep orange juice in the house all the time, really has helped me out.

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

www.wasatchwild.com

#3741802 - 04/03/13 06:47 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
corky Offline
trapper

Loc: Three Lakes,WI 62
Potassium

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings when I called you stupid. I really thought you already knew.

#3741811 - 04/03/13 06:53 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
BRONZEBACK Offline
trapper

Loc: CONNEAUT LAKE, PENNSYLVANIA
If it's off and on leg cramps, take three ibuprophen (Advil) before bed. Works for me.

#3741814 - 04/03/13 06:54 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: corky]
Otter04 Offline
trapper

Loc: Westerlo, New York
Originally Posted By: corky
Potassium

x2 bananas and orange juice..

#3741821 - 04/03/13 06:57 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
Art S Offline
trapper

Loc: Pa
Take potassium tablets to get rid of the leg cramping also. works well for me.

#3741835 - 04/03/13 07:04 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
danny clifton Offline
trapper

Loc: williamsburg ks
The salt replacer for folks with high blood preasure is pottasium chloride. Use that instead of salt. I think all of them are potassium chloride. Just read the label.

#3741878 - 04/03/13 07:23 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
malenurse Offline
trapper

Loc: north central Mn
Water and potassium sounds like you have RLS(restless leg syndrome) go see your Doc.

#3741889 - 04/03/13 07:28 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
colocatcher Offline
trapper

Loc: Colorado
I don't get leg cramps but have heard to try drinking pickle juice. I told my grandma that once and she thought I was trying to trick her, but its not a trick. Also make sure you are hydrated.

#3741957 - 04/03/13 07:50 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
Paula Offline
"Gimp"

Loc: Corydon, IN
Bulletbox don't listen to these people on here. You don't have low potassium, and you don't have restless leg syndrome. You have something much more sever. I am afraid it may be terminal. You have old age. I am sorry to be the one to have to diagnose you with this, but you is old. I know you never thought this was going to happen to you, and you are shocked that it has happened, that is why I am so sorry to be the one to have to tell you. I wish there was an easier way for me to break the news to you, but once you accept this then everything else will start to make since. Take care, and don't OD on the geritol now that you have the bad news.

#3742124 - 04/03/13 08:44 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: MikeTraps2]
CraigS Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Kansas
Originally Posted By: MikeTraps2
Teagan my oldest dances about 40 hours a week at the dance center between taking classes and teaching them. She takes heavy doses of calcium magnesium tablets every night to fight the cramps.

MikeD

I would put my $.02 on calcium, was having cramp problems in my back and the doctor gave me some calcium supplement pills and it cured the problem. I now take them every day.

Or it could be a blood flow problem like a blocked artery to your legs, SO I WOULD GO SEE A DOCTOR ABOUT IT !

#3742150 - 04/03/13 08:50 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: Art S]
Trapped Offline
trapper

Loc: clearfield PA
Originally Posted By: Art S
Take potassium tablets to get rid of the leg cramping also. works well for me.

BB---i take potassium tablets and drink LOTS of water

"I shoot ducks and geese because cats cant fly!"

#3742156 - 04/03/13 08:53 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
duluthtrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Duluth,MN
Drink tonic water, tastes like crap so i mix it with Gin, never knew it before but it is great at getting rid of legs cramps.

#3742162 - 04/03/13 08:55 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
Patokariver Offline
trapper

Loc: SW Indiana
Mustard will take care of cramps, when I have a hard day mustard and crackers for bed time snack.

#3742186 - 04/03/13 09:01 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
fp4 Offline
trapper

Loc: colorado
I get tablets at the drugstore called Leg Cramps. They work great for me
when I start getting cramps. I take a couple just before I go to bed.

#3742187 - 04/03/13 09:02 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
teal Offline
trapper

Loc: Wisconsin
TONIC WATER and lots of it. Especially a glass or 2 before bed.

No joke...my brother and dad get terrible leg cramps all the time. Some old fellow told them about this and it worked like a miracle cure.

I thought they were nuts/placebo affect until I started drinking it during the trapping season.

Teal

#3742194 - 04/03/13 09:03 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
southgawoodieman Offline
trapper

Loc: Telfair County, Georgia
Mustard, pottasium tablets, pickles/pickle juice, bannanas during the day, drink more water.

#3742211 - 04/03/13 09:08 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: teal]
greggsinthehouse Offline
trapper

Loc: MO-IL
Originally Posted By: teal
TONIC WATER and lots of it. Especially a glass or 2 before bed.

No joke...my brother and dad get terrible leg cramps all the time. Some old fellow told them about this and it worked like a miracle cure.

I thought they were nuts/placebo affect until I started drinking it during the trapping season.

Teal

Whiskey works for me......Tonic would be cheaper for sure

#3742213 - 04/03/13 09:08 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
Huntin SD Offline
trapper

Loc: SD 16 y/o
Believe it or not Mytol works wonders, it sometimes makes you a little crazy in the head from the caffeine.

#3742252 - 04/03/13 09:16 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
Macthediver Offline
trapper

Loc: La Crosse, On The West Coast...
My cure for the night leg cramps was as MikeTraps2 says. I also added to the Calcium and Magnesium one plain asprin. Got to be careful to not take to much magnesium or it can set you a little free if you know what I mean. I had a dietian suggest the Calcium Magnesium thing when I was getting bad craps at night after haying all day. Even though I drank water like a fish I still got leg craps so bad they woke me up. I added the one asprin to the mix after the vet had me do it that way for the dog, after I ran her to hard one time bird hunting.
Anyway it works for me.

Mac

#3742279 - 04/03/13 09:22 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: Huntin SD]
buerysgrove Offline
trapper

Loc: SE Pa
I get bad cramps and Charlie horses at night from walking in mud all day at work.Tonic water works if you drink it before you get them.It has quinine in it.They sell leg cramp pills,but you have to get the ones with quinine.They 're hard to find.Coconut water works before too.If you wake up because of them,take a couple generic Tylenol.They have to be acetaminophen.I hope this helps,an old timer at work told me all this.Now I'm the old timer,so I'm passing it on.

#3742282 - 04/03/13 09:23 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
richard s Offline
trapper

Loc: coast of mississippi
You taking any medicine???? like cholesterol lowering meds?????

#3742305 - 04/03/13 09:27 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
Hupurest Offline
"Andy S wannabe"

Loc: Alaska
Do you have any ailments?
I had the rls and cramping until I got my diabetes and sugar under control. Since then not one single event...

I run, bike or hike nearly everyday... I have sore knees, but no cramps or spasms....

I would go to the ol sawbones and see what he has to say......

See if there is a correlation between anything. Like eating before bed, what you eat, how much water you are drinking etc....
The more information you can provide to your dr. The better he can help to diagnose it.

#3742350 - 04/03/13 09:43 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
B. Drahota Offline
trapper

Loc: central Ne.
Didnt read all the posts but Water is the best cure for cramps. If I dont get enough, or drink too much sodium filled drinks (pop), my legs will cramp tighter than a drum. I drink tons of water, Its the best thing for you.

#3742403 - 04/03/13 10:09 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
bulletbox Offline

OK, first off Paula, I know I'm getting old, but I ain't that old yet..

I take 3 magnesium pills and 3 Potassium Gluconate pills ever night....

The mustard does help with the cramps once I get one...

I've tired the tonic water, but it didn't help much...

Plus, I've eaten them durned leg cramp pills like they are candy, and still cramp at night...

I drink a gallon of ice tea a day, but I'm not gonna eat a Nanner, not today, nor tommorrow... then things are NASTY, ain't gonna do it...

I haven't been to a doctor in 16 years other than an eye doctor and a dentist...

I don't drink cokes, or soda pops for you Yankees... don't drink booze, but eat a can or two of snuff a day...

I'm gonna try restless leg pills and see how they work....

Thanks for the ideas... Keep them coming...

bulletbox,
TEXAS

#3742421 - 04/03/13 10:18 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
Boco Offline
trapper

Loc: james bay frontierOnt.
Eat some bear meat about 2 or 3 times a month,in alittle while you will feel great,with a noticable increase in strength.(not kidding)

Edited by Boco (04/03/13 10:28 PM)

#3742432 - 04/03/13 10:23 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
trapr Offline
trapper

Loc: idaho falls idaho
if you are on potassium and magnesium you should probably be on some calcium also.it helps the magnesium do its job better.
however,Hup had some good advice,go see a doc and have him help.if you are on any meds there are complications from supplements at times ,or dietary concerns.

#3742443 - 04/03/13 10:26 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
Idtrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Idaho
Lay off the tea..It's a diuretic and will dehydrate you..
Every time I drink to much Tea I get leg cramps and cramps in my feet, especially in the summer.

Edited by Idtrapper (04/03/13 10:33 PM)

#3742449 - 04/03/13 10:28 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
Savell Offline
trapper

Loc: Coldspring Texas
Bullet, ole Leftlane might massage them for you.....it'd be a good initiation since he's a wannabe Texan and all

#3742456 - 04/03/13 10:32 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
GritGuy Offline

Loc: Magna, Utah
If your already hydrated and do not spend a lot of time on your legs doing extended work, not just normal walking around, and you are taking normal amounts of the needed materials.

Your going to need to have an evaluation by a more qualified person than us forum members.

My boss had for several years tingling feet and sore calfs, would cramp all the time, finally broke down and went in to a Doc who did some blood work, in two days he found out he had full blown diabetes, he's now rearranged his diet and on non inject able medicine.

Feet are now not bothering him with no sensations at all and the cramps are gone as well.

Your body is telling you something is out of whack and you need to figure it out with professional help !!

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

www.wasatchwild.com

#3742487 - 04/03/13 10:52 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: Idtrapper]
Savell Offline
trapper

Loc: Coldspring Texas
Originally Posted By: Idtrapper
Every time I drink to much Tea I get leg cramps and cramps in my feet, especially in the summer.

That's a fact.....If I drink nothing but tea or beer all day, I'll cramp up, and I'm a youngster at 30ish.
I know water is hard to come by in West Texas but find you some

#3742532 - 04/03/13 11:27 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: Macthediver]
humptulips Offline
trapper

Loc: Washington State
Originally Posted By: Macthediver
My cure for the night leg cramps was as MikeTraps2 says. I also added to the Calcium and Magnesium one plain asprin. Got to be careful to not take to much magnesium or it can set you a little free if you know what I mean. I had a dietian suggest the Calcium Magnesium thing when I was getting bad craps at night after haying all day. Even though I drank water like a fish I still got leg craps so bad they woke me up. I added the one asprin to the mix after the vet had me do it that way for the dog, after I ran her to hard one time bird hunting.
Anyway it works for me.

Mac

I hate it when that happens! blush

#3742537 - 04/03/13 11:34 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
humptulips Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: bulletbox
OK, first off Paula, I know I'm getting old, but I ain't that old yet..

Plus, I've eaten them durned leg cramp pills like they are candy, and still cramp at night...

I drink a gallon of ice tea a day, but I'm not gonna eat a Nanner, not today, nor tommorrow... then things are NASTY, ain't gonna do it...

I haven't been to a doctor in 16 years other than an eye doctor and a dentist...

I don't drink cokes, or soda pops for you Yankees... don't drink booze, but eat a can or two of snuff a day...

I can tell you what the doc is going to say right now. Quit the chew. That constricts your blood vessels and is probably starving your legs muscles for O2.

Long time sufferer of cramps here. My Dad always had them bad also. When they come on eat some sauerkraut or drinnk the juice. Best cure ever. I used to take quinine and that does the trick but you can't get it anymore unless the doc prescribes it for malaria. It is expensive though and kraut is not.

#3742609 - 04/04/13 03:15 AM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
humptulips Offline
trapper

Mike Jerrell, I dare say we are in the same boat. Yes the groin is the worst. Those who have never had the cramps like we get will never know how painful.
I had my leg crushed in a logging accident and I now get them in the scar in my leg. Can't straighten it out. Hereditary, yes to that too. My Dad has had horrible cramps all his life. Mostly groin but at times about anywhere.
I'm telling you saurkraut is the one thing that works better then anything else. If they are super bad, hot shower and kraut.
None of the over the counter drugs or herbal pills put a dent in my cramps. Used to use quinine tabs and they will work but are presription only and the FDA took them off the market for leg cramps.
Try the kraut sometime, Farnhams is best. Beats pickle juice.

Edited by humptulips (04/04/13 03:18 AM)

#3742611 - 04/04/13 03:27 AM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
trapper les Offline
trapper

Loc: williams,mn
When I quit playing competitive sports (fastpitch softball,and hockey) and drinking like a fish every night,leg cramps generally went away.That being said,a 12 pack is not a meal,anymore.

#3742614 - 04/04/13 03:32 AM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: Savell]
B. Drahota Offline
trapper

Loc: central Ne.
Originally Posted By: Savell
Originally Posted By: Idtrapper

That's a fact.....If I drink nothing but tea or beer all day, I'll cramp up, and I'm a youngster at 30ish.
I know water is hard to come by in West Texas but find you some
x3- just like coffee. Still pushin the water Idea

#3742797 - 04/04/13 08:14 AM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: Savell]
bulletbox Offline

Bullet, ole Leftlane might massage them for you.....it'd be a good initiation since he's a wannabe Texan and all

I'm gonna pass on this one Savell...

But thanks......

bulletbox,
TEXAS

#3742824 - 04/04/13 08:29 AM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
Sting Offline
trapper

Loc: East Texas
here you go

I used this when I was a high school track coach and it worked wonders for my athletes. And we used to make our players take some a few hours before our Friday night football games also.

Every time I get sore I take some, even now

FOSFREE

http://www.alertservices.com/fosfreeselectableamount.aspx

#3743713 - 04/04/13 05:45 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: Savell]
Leftlane Offline
trapper

Loc: Hill Country of Texas

I suppose if I set them on fire it might help with the circulation LOL.

Why don't you go cuddle up to a 12 pack of Lone Star and leave us workin folks alone
& More money!

#3743875 - 04/04/13 07:06 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
Bearguy Offline
trapper

Loc: Springfield, Oregon
I have had leg cramps off and on for most of my adult life. One of my "old" relatives said to get quinine pills. They are the answer, and now unavailable because they can cause a lethal reaction with some heart medicine. Anyway, tonic water, and the over the counter med. Leg Cramps both contain quinine. All the other remedies help too. I eat a bananna every day too.

#3743896 - 04/04/13 07:16 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
conibearking Offline
trapper

Loc: Detroit,Mich.U.S.A.
I have suffered with night time legs cramps for many years.Diet tonic did help some,about two liters a day. My niece suggested Magnesium (spelling ?) pills.I take them with my supper.In three days I stopped having cramps.I haven't had any in two weeks and wake up not nearly as stiff and sore.I also just got a Tommy Copper knee support and have stopped limping.I've been limping for about two months.
Getting old sucks!

#3743957 - 04/04/13 07:43 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
turkeyfeathers Offline
trapper

Loc: lancaster/ny
The mrs got sore legs and leg cramps when she was preggers with our daughter. Any chance you're knocked up ?

Seriously though, a visit to the dr may be in order. Just to make sure of circulation is ok , no clots etc. All kidding aside, wife learned to pinch just below nose while pregnant when her leg(s) cramped up. Swears it worked.
And yes, all that tea will dehydrate you

#3744094 - 04/04/13 08:49 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: turkeyfeathers]
Leftlane Offline
trapper

Loc: Hill Country of Texas
If I was as old as you are I would go see a doctor. In horses and old men soreness and swelling can mean the heart aint pumping fast enough.

Better to be sure then 6 ft under
& More money!

#3744184 - 04/04/13 09:28 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
70sdiver Offline
trapper

Loc: eastern washinghton
I'd go see a doctor. My dad had the same thing going on and after a year he died if a heart attack.

coon 0
mink 0
rats 0
beaver 0
yotes 0
Skunk 0

#3744215 - 04/04/13 09:41 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
Nessmuck Offline
trapper

Loc: New Hampshire
[quote=bulletbox]OK, first off Paula, I know I'm getting old, but I ain't that old yet..

[/quote

Well it's about time to get your butt to the doctors office and get some blood work done....that little needle doesn't hurt and I bet they can fix you right up.Get your head out of the sand and take care of yourself .....so you can enjoy them golden years...fishing and trapping. Do you smell what I'm cooking !!!!

#3744310 - 04/04/13 10:18 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
bulletbox Offline

My legs are not swelling, no veins are present...

No discoloration...

Blood pressure is good...

But I may try to find a doc if something doesn't change in a week...

I'm not worried about my health, just tired of these sore legs and cramps...

I took some restless leg pills last night, and my legs felt better today...

So I'm gonna give them a few days and see how it works out....

bulletbox,
TEXAS

#3744554 - 04/05/13 02:11 AM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
kseric Offline
trapper

Loc: montgomery co.,ks
If you drink a lot of diet soda the artificial sweetener can cause these symptoms.

YOU DO YOUR THING, I'LL DO MINE

#3744663 - 04/05/13 07:01 AM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: kseric]
bulletbox Offline

Originally Posted By: kseric
If you drink a lot of diet soda the artificial sweetener can cause these symptoms.

nope, none

bulletbox,
TEXAS

#3744743 - 04/05/13 07:55 AM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
Coyote Cuffer Offline
trapper

Loc: Lampasas,Texas
It couldn't be a heart problem. Blake aint qualified for that.

#3744883 - 04/05/13 09:23 AM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: Coyote Cuffer]
bulletbox Offline

Originally Posted By: Coyote Cuffer
It couldn't be a heart problem. Blake aint qualified for that.

LOL... that ain't nice...

True, but not nice...

bulletbox,
TEXAS

#3744943 - 04/05/13 10:00 AM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
2poor Offline

Loc: Lake Mille Lacs , MN
Blake

Let me know when you figure it out.

Sitting in a front end loader for 8 hours straight, I experience your pain. Standing on a loglanding swinging a chain saw, with temperatures in the teens, seems to take it's toll as well. Many a night I sleep only 1/2 the time spending the other half trying to get comfortable.

Jack Daniels may of helped earlier in life as my legs were never sore then, my head always was though !

It is a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job !

http://mooseriverlures.com/

#3744965 - 04/05/13 10:23 AM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
bpb Offline
trapper

Loc: NewYorkisstan & Madison county...
Water and vit. D lots of Vit. D

#3745131 - 04/05/13 12:48 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
woodsman324 Offline
trapper

Loc: East River SD
My cure for cramps is a couple swigs of apple cider vineager. The relief happens in a few short minutes and you can almost feel it going through your system. I've told many friends and they are amazed by the results. You could mix it with water but I'd rather just take a swig and chase it with water and repeat. I suppose milk would be a good chaser. My dad liked the results so well he has a small bottle on his nite stand.

#3745452 - 04/05/13 05:25 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
Don Adams Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio
Bullet,

Get yourself to a doctor. If it is diabetes, you could end up blind! My son in law would have leg cramps and feet tingling, he was in the Army. Was at PT one morning and after running - went blind (luckily it was temporary) they rushed him to the hospital and that is how they found the diabetes. He is now on the insulin pump. He still has his eye sight, but at such a young age he will develop the long term affects of diabetes.
So you have to ask yourself - Do I chance of going blind or go get it checked out?

#3748937 - 04/07/13 09:31 PM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
BigDDL Offline
trapper

Loc: South-central North Dakota
Strange as it may sound, some people claim to have found relief by placing a wrapped bar of soap by their feet at night. Have heard the theory that it causes you to move your legs more while sleeping which keeps the cramps from occurring, but who knows. Cheap and simple enough to try (after seeing your doctor)

That, and eating a banana before bed, and good hydration.

#3749306 - 04/08/13 07:42 AM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
decoy Offline
trapper

Loc: north Idaho
Have had a bar of soap for years at the bottom of our bed. Seems to help.

#3749350 - 04/08/13 08:18 AM Re: Sore legs and leg cramps [Re: bulletbox]
mike jerrell Offline
trapper

Loc: Mississippi
Welp if a Dr.prescribes a cure let me know imediately.
I will shoot the next person that tells me to eat Bannanas. I have em bad,In all parts of my legs,groin,side and even in my jaw once, iwas like Fred Sanford,thought it was the big one. Have taken Potassium,. Soda water with quinine helped,So did a shot of apple cider vinegar,Problem is I get immune to theses real quick. Caleb Treez Amish cramp medicine will stop em in about 1 minute but I got immune to that too. I was takin quinilone,Quinine presccribed by my Dr.worked for awhile.When I was down for knee replacement, I never got cramps. Doctors dont seem very concerned ,I think if they spenta few nites hobblin up and down the halls on duoubled up achin legs they be more sympathetic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >