No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Topic Options
Hop to:
#3647836 - 02/18/13 08:26 PM Indiana otter season???
Dieselweasel Offline
trapper

Loc: Indiana
Anybody know if we will ever get one?

#3647919 - 02/18/13 08:46 PM Re: Indiana otter season??? [Re: Dieselweasel]
MB750 Offline
trapper

Loc: Idaville, Indiana
I talked to the State Furberrer Biologist a couple of weeks ago. He is working on it.
Anyone who caught otter, found otter hit on the road, or even saw otter should get ahold of Shaun at 812-334-1137. The more reports he gets the sooner we are going to get a season.
Indiana has a trappable population of otter. I think there are more than many people think there is. Anyone who dosnt turn in accidental otter catches is a fool. Call Shaun even if you see any otter or otter sign in your area. He is one great young fellow to talk to & he is wanting to get a season started also, maybe just so I will quit bugging him about one.

#3648202 - 02/18/13 10:38 PM Re: Indiana otter season??? [Re: Dieselweasel]
2poor Offline

Loc: Lake Mille Lacs , MN
I have met Shaun and I think the Indiana Trappers have a true ally, getting a Otter season established.

It is a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job !

http://mooseriverlures.com/

#3648261 - 02/18/13 11:21 PM Re: Indiana otter season??? [Re: Dieselweasel]
Indiana_Red Offline
trapper

Tom pretty much summed it up. Make sure every otter caught or seen is reported to Shaun. We cant stress that enuff. I talked to a few people at an outdoor show last weekend that have been having trouble with them eating all there fish out of there ponds. Made sure I let them know to also contact Shaun. Anything we can do to help us out..

#3648282 - 02/18/13 11:48 PM Re: Indiana otter season??? [Re: Dieselweasel]
don Wolf Offline

Loc: evansville Indiana age67
I heard through the grapevine that we might be getting our otter season next year. 3 would be the limit. we will have to wait and see. Loads of otter being turned in in my area of the state. You have a heck of a time beaver trapping and not catching the dang things, even if you do all the things you should do to try to avoid otter.

#3648346 - 02/19/13 03:27 AM Re: Indiana otter season??? [Re: Dieselweasel]
Dennis W Offline
trapper

Loc: Bryant, IN
I've talked to Shaun and agree with what everyone said. Be sure to report to him when you catch or see any bobcats as well as otters. We need a season on them to.

#3648350 - 02/19/13 03:38 AM Re: Indiana otter season??? [Re: Dieselweasel]
lureintheanimal Offline
trapper

I have Talked to Shaun Fall 2012 , I asked him about a Otter and Bobcat Season. He told me he was going through All the Old Data. Big Job he said. He told me he Hoped to have Seasons within the next 3 Years.

#3648404 - 02/19/13 06:20 AM Re: Indiana otter season??? [Re: Dieselweasel]
Haymaker Offline
trapper

Loc: Southern Indiana
Thanks for the phone number MB750, I'll be calling Shaun tomorrow. I have seen several otters this fall / winter on a couple different different properties. And a buddy has a trail pic of a bobcat.

#3651917 - 02/20/13 02:30 PM Re: Indiana otter season??? [Re: Dieselweasel]
Zachery Offline
trapper

Loc: Upland, Indiana
Shaun Rossler for dnr head honcho very easy to talk to and definately on our side when it comes to the otter. Pretty sure he can't wait for a season either so his workload will lighten up some.

#3651962 - 02/20/13 02:56 PM Re: Indiana otter season??? [Re: Dieselweasel]
wileytrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Northern Indiana
A buddy of mine just east of me has caught 8 this past season in mink or beaver sets so I hope the season comes soon.