No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Topic Options
Hop to:
#3641120 - 02/15/13 08:00 PM Local Gander Mountain going out of business
Big Possum Offline
trapper

Loc: Illinois
Wondered how long it would take once the New Bass Pro Shop opened. Lasted about a year. Word is they are still going to sell guns, ammo, and hunting clothes only. all trapping supplies ( no traps) at 50% off. 4 oz lures are $7.50, 1 oz are $2, pan covers, dips baits etc all half price. Picked up some tonight and will go back for more on Monday. Waders are 40% off but the ones I liked were originally $249. would like to have them at least 50% off. lol All fishing, camping, non hunting clothing, boots, shoes, ( basically everything except guns, ammo, camo clothing) is 40-50% off. This wasn't in my monthly budget!!!!
Joe

#3641137 - 02/15/13 08:05 PM Re: Local Gander Mountain going out of business [Re: Big Possum]
SnareLine Offline
trapper

Loc: NY
Sad to hear

#3641138 - 02/15/13 08:05 PM Re: Local Gander Mountain going out of business [Re: Big Possum]
Matt Jones Offline
"Stitches"

Loc: Kentucky
spend some of that coon money you robbed ol grony out of....lol

matt

#3641158 - 02/15/13 08:15 PM Re: Local Gander Mountain going out of business [Re: Big Possum]
Jim Bethell Offline
trapper

Loc: Woodhull, Illinois 72
I thought with your possum money, you could buy the store.

#3641261 - 02/15/13 08:50 PM Re: Local Gander Mountain going out of business [Re: Jim Bethell]
Big Possum Offline
trapper

Don't worry. Going back monday and spending the coon and possum money. Even thinking about buying a half price caller to try some coon calling. Didn't see a possum call on the machine unfortunately. Guess I'll just have to carry a car horn and battery along with me too. lol

Joe

#3641331 - 02/15/13 09:15 PM Re: Local Gander Mountain going out of business [Re: Big Possum]
keystone Offline
trapper

Loc: laporte co. indiana
is this the gandermountain in merrilville, in

#3641509 - 02/15/13 10:41 PM Re: Local Gander Mountain going out of business [Re: Big Possum]
Roaddawg Offline
trapper

Loc: Pa
The Gander Mountain near me carries very little in the way of traps or trapping supplies. What they do have is like everything else they RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE!
fox : 5/4
Muskrat: 5/4
Beaver: 1/1
Mink: 2/0
Bobcat: 1/0

#3641574 - 02/15/13 11:20 PM Re: Local Gander Mountain going out of business [Re: Big Possum]
Drifter Offline

Loc: Stronghurst , IL
Went to the one in quad cities a few years back. They decided to do only mail order reloading supplies. Not been back to one since.
Ayn Rand: "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."

Life member NTA , member Illinois and Ohio assoc .

#3641709 - 02/16/13 05:34 AM Re: Local Gander Mountain going out of business [Re: Drifter]
brianroberts Offline
trapper

Loc: Ontario Canada for now!
Joe I recorded a really good Possum call its brings them running and works really good.
Just wait till this summer and find a road crew that is using a mill to grind the old Asphalt off the road and record the sound of it doing this!
They love the sound of freshly ground Asphalt!.....B.....

#3642238 - 02/16/13 11:57 AM Re: Local Gander Mountain going out of business [Re: brianroberts]
Big Possum Offline
trapper

Its the one in Peoria. When i go in it seems about all thier business is in the gun area so makes sense to go that direction. Its a pretty big store so maybe they will make a shooting range area. if Illinois finally gets concealed carry they could be ready for an influx of customers who need the training. Trapping supply prices are high but not when they cut them to half price. 4 oz lures for $7.50 and minnesota trapline products predator baits for $3 a pint look like a good deal to me. Picked up 1.75 pan covers for $2 a dozen. Like I said. i'm going back for more

Brian,
Thats a really good idea. I bet a asphalt grinding machine would bring them in for miles.
Joe

#3642259 - 02/16/13 12:10 PM Re: Local Gander Mountain going out of business [Re: Big Possum]
turkeyfeathers Offline
trapper

Loc: lancaster/ny
Originally Posted By: Big Possum
Don't worry. Going back monday and spending the coon and possum money. Even thinking about buying a half price caller to try some coon calling. Didn't see a possum call on the machine unfortunately. Guess I'll just have to carry a car horn and battery along with me too. lol

Joe
LMAO at the car horn and battery but see if they have some double yellow lines to lay down as an attractor