Health Issues Forum

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease #2995556
02/05/12 10:50 PM
02/05/12 10:50 PM
Clear Lake, Minnesota
C
Canatrapper Offline OP
trapper
Canatrapper  Offline OP
trapper
C

Clear Lake, Minnesota
This is sounds like a controversial subject in the medical field. I am considering if my diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis could actually be Chronic Lymes Disease. Just wanted to check and see if anyone else has any information on this. If you don't know what I am talking about you can check out this link.

http://www.wildcondor.com/lyme.html

Thanks for any help here

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Canatrapper] #3011555
02/13/12 07:54 AM
02/13/12 07:54 AM
Oregon
T
Tsarevna Offline
"Gerty"
Tsarevna  Offline
"Gerty"
T

Oregon
It's a compelling read. But the article states that Fibro and Lyme's are the same thing.

There is new evidence that Fibro is an auto-immune disease, and if a fibro patient takes certain drugs that suppress the immune system (drugs for cancer) that patient is miraculously well. When they stop taking the drug, they relapse.

Lupus is also "not the same thing" as Fibro or Lymes. It has distinctive rashes on the face that occur, plus it has been proven to be an autoimmune disease: the body attacking itself. So the thinking of the person behind this article is a little flawed.

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Canatrapper] #3016233
02/15/12 09:57 AM
02/15/12 09:57 AM
Clear Lake, Minnesota
C
Canatrapper Offline OP
trapper
Canatrapper  Offline OP
trapper
C

Clear Lake, Minnesota
Thnanks for your insight Tsarevna... I was reading that and scratching my head as well. Good points.

Steven

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Canatrapper] #3020464
02/16/12 10:45 PM
02/16/12 10:45 PM
Oregon
T
Tsarevna Offline
"Gerty"
Tsarevna  Offline
"Gerty"
T

Oregon
Yeah I'd really like to know myself if chronic lymes is for real.

Doctors love to tell you you're crazy if it means they don't have to do any real work.

They told me I was 'exaggerating' when I described abdominal pain that I rated at "agony."
For years they told me that.

Turns out I had a gallstone growing, and by the time they found it, it was the size of an olive.
Doctor said "oh man where did that come from?!" during the sonigram.

I said "I imagined it there!" laugh

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Canatrapper] #3021979
02/17/12 07:36 PM
02/17/12 07:36 PM
NW Oregon
R
remrogers Offline
trapper
remrogers  Offline
trapper
R

NW Oregon
It isn't pretty and does exist. My wife has two cousins that had it undiagnosed for way too long. Both in their late teens and have cronic health issues now. Their immune systems took a terrible hit. I'll get better info on their status.

REM

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Tsarevna] #3042876
02/27/12 08:59 PM
02/27/12 08:59 PM
L
LazyNDTrapper Offline
trapper
LazyNDTrapper  Offline
trapper
L

I'm very new to this forum but I am currently betting my life that Chronic Lyme does exist!!! I just turned 38 years old and for the last four years I have been fighting too many health issues to even begin to list. Doctors ran every test imaginable and came up with nothing. I was so screwed up at times that I actually thought I was losing my mind and thought that I might be better off dead. Through tons of internet research I located a chiropractor in Walker, MN. I'm not sure If I'm allowed to say his name, but he is very easy to find if you look for him. After one four hour trip down to see him and his assistant, I had my answers. I was positive for Lyme and four other tick borne co-infections and had been for quite some time. He is currently helping me recover and I am getting better.

Not wanting to put all my eggs in the same basket, I continued to explore traditional medicine and was routinely shunned or told that nothing was wrong with me. The point is that 99% of normal MD's know nothing about Lyme or it's co-infections. To emphasize this point, I have been having heart trouble due to the nature of the infectious bacteria and my cardiologist actually was considering bypass surgery instead of putting me back on the antibiotics I kept telling him I needed!! You have to be you have to be your own strongest advocate!!!!!!

Most of us on here spend an inordinate amount of time in the bush compared to the general public. If you're not feeling quite right NEVER rule out Lyme even if you have tested negative in the past. Almost all tests currently in use are antibody tests that are garbage!!! Sorry for being long winded, but the truth about this disease NEEDS to come out!!! If anyone who reads this has any questions at all... Please email me here or at mharr111@yahoo.com

I'm still fighting and have learned A LOT over the last four years. I'm an open book and would love to share what I know if it could help someone suffering from this horrible disease get on the right track.

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Canatrapper] #3057971
03/05/12 10:38 PM
03/05/12 10:38 PM
Philippines
J
jjoe Offline
trapper
jjoe  Offline
trapper
J

Philippines
My sister died over a year ago from a battle with lymes disease. She lost motor control and turned into a physical vegitable by age 57. I didnt like her much, but what a way to die. She was completely dependant during her final year. The disease took nothing away from her sharp mouth.

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Canatrapper] #3067616
03/10/12 02:07 PM
03/10/12 02:07 PM
Clear Lake, Minnesota
C
Canatrapper Offline OP
trapper
Canatrapper  Offline OP
trapper
C

Clear Lake, Minnesota
Hello Lazy ND Trapper

I go to see my LLMD next week in the twin cities area and I have been doing a fair amount of reading about this diesase. I am glad you found help and yes this disease is real. I found out a good friend of mine who has battled health issues since childhood now married with kids has lyme. She is getting better but boy did it take time and something she will have to live with now forever most likely. You are right insurance companies are not wanting to have doctors diagnose this disease because of the costs. Anyway pm me if you want, I hope you are doing better. I hope I can also find help.

Steven

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Canatrapper] #3139619
04/28/12 08:03 PM
04/28/12 08:03 PM
Clear Lake, Minnesota
C
Canatrapper Offline OP
trapper
Canatrapper  Offline OP
trapper
C

Clear Lake, Minnesota
Just thought I would report back... I have been on antibiotics for a montha and feeling great. Nice to be normal again. Now time to trap harder then I have ever trapped before this fall. Looking forward to this season.

Steven

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Canatrapper] #3158248
05/13/12 10:33 PM
05/13/12 10:33 PM
wisconsin
L
lumberjack73 Offline
trapper
lumberjack73  Offline
trapper
L

wisconsin
I have similar probs like canatrapper and lazyndtrapper. I have been battling lymes for a long time and have had major probs. I thought i was having a heart attack and had stroke symptoms. Had been going to a bone cruncher for years with little or no help, i am only 38 years old and feel like 83. If anyone could help please pm me.

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Canatrapper] #3376130
10/18/12 08:57 PM
10/18/12 08:57 PM
Ohio
H
HerbWise Offline
trapper
HerbWise  Offline
trapper
H

Ohio
decoction(simmering 180-190 degrees for an hour and change) of Teasel root has been found effective in around 50% of cases.

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Canatrapper] #3468099
12/07/12 10:44 PM
12/07/12 10:44 PM
Clear Lake, Minnesota
C
Canatrapper Offline OP
trapper
Canatrapper  Offline OP
trapper
C

Clear Lake, Minnesota
Herb wise, can you explain that and let me know where i can get that root?

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Canatrapper] #4245514
01/14/14 09:40 PM
01/14/14 09:40 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Artemesia and artemisinin and essiac are good for Lymes disease.

Last edited by run; 01/16/14 02:39 PM.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: run] #4304766
02/10/14 01:49 PM
02/10/14 01:49 PM
East Pensyltucky
Beaglador Offline
trapper
Beaglador  Offline
trapper

East Pensyltucky
Originally Posted By: run
Artemesia and artemisinin and essiac are good for Lymes disease.

I first tested positive for Lyme in 1996- it was relatively unknown at that time- have had many Titers done since with fluctuating results. Have had symptoms come and go, have tried alternative meds as well as conventional. Never have I heard of Artemesia being recommended- can you divulge your source or explain further? I have drank my fair share of Absinthe and grown wormwood for years...

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Beaglador] #4308179
02/11/14 09:39 PM
02/11/14 09:39 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Allergy Research group makes artemesia and artemisinin. Dr. Craig Zunka in Front Royal,Va. sells artemesia. I don't receive any financial benefit from Allergy Research or Dr. Craig Zunka. I'm simply an end user. Absinthe tends to have toxicity issues from the little bit I've read about it. Lyme disease is treatable but the treatment is expensive and hard to find. Lots of medical professionals deny that Lyme disease even exists. Read Lab 257 by Michael Christopher Carrol before you listen to anybody that denies the existence of Lyme Disease. Nutri -Choice has arteminsia. Nutri-Choice is a mail-order company out of Unity,WI. They have several lyme disease remedies. Their no. is 715-223-3941. You can get Lyme without a rash. Elisa tests are inaccurate more often than not. I take strauss heartdrops for my heart problems and it does help. Go to straussheartdrops.com to read about them. Nutri-choice has the heartdrops for the cheapest price I've seen so far.

Last edited by run; 03/12/14 06:20 AM.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Canatrapper] #4353800
03/04/14 05:12 AM
03/04/14 05:12 AM
AK
T
Tradbow1 Offline
trapper
Tradbow1  Offline
trapper
T

AK
Interesting read. I've also shown all but the rash. Passing out and heart issues where when I realized something was wrong.

I've also had a ton of tests and other than a chronic sinus infection they've found nothing. I've had some major work up done since October. Started getting lumps in my chest and left pit. They don't stay. I finally had one long enough my doc felt it. More tests.

More nothing. I've also had stroke symptoms. By the time I made it in to urgent care both cheeks were numb. Still nothing.

On meds I started feeling better. After the second round I actually started feeling human again. And slipped backwards until a few weeks ago. I don't feel great but I don't feel like tonight's my last night alive. There were times doing dishes was impossible without 16-18 hours of sleep. Showers were out.

The crappy part is when you start getting told in a round about way your a hypochondriac. Yet you rarely take aspirin or ibuprofen.

They did do a lymes test (Elisa). I wasn't high enough to get the second western blot test.

There's a new tick disease out there with all the same symptoms with no rash!!!!

http://healthland.time.com/2013/07/19/theres-a-new-disease-spread-by-ticks-and-its-not-lyme/

Lastly look up igenex in California. At some point I'm hoping to get tested by them. They've come highly recommended.
http://www.igenex.com/Website/#

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Canatrapper] #4362102
03/07/14 01:17 PM
03/07/14 01:17 PM
North Pole ak
T
Team V Offline
trapper
Team V  Offline
trapper
T

North Pole ak
Tradbow I now how you feel In the last year I have been to every doc in town was told it was all in my head . I took a antibiotic called cypro after that I whent down hill . All kinds of med problems . Hart problems arthritis numbness vision hearing and lots of pain .was tolled I had lupes .ms.cancer and every thing else . The only thing that showed up on my blood work was high ferritin witch I was told by 3 docs was inflammation in the body Some where . I did my own research and fingered out it was hemochromatosis witch is when you store to much iron . Had 4 docs tell me that is not what was wrong . So gave up . Went to a surgeon for a hernia and he looked at my blood work and told me I have hemochromatosis . As of yesterday I was officially diagnosed with it threw genetic testing and liver byopse . Been giving blood twice a week for 4 months now . Made me week but feel ten Times better . My iron stores where 980 now down under 600 . Had gallbladder removed to it was making me sick . Best move I ever made .what I am tring to say is if your doc tells you it is in your head find a new one . At one point I told a doc wow was not listening to me if I end up in a wheel chair so would he .

Re: Anybody have Chronic Lymes Disease [Re: Canatrapper] #4370177
03/11/14 12:21 PM
03/11/14 12:21 PM
AK
T
Tradbow1 Offline
trapper
Tradbow1  Offline
trapper
T

AK
I know that feeling! Kinda lost on what doc to go to next. Take this and lets see what happens mentality. Another goofy morning, chest aint right. I know something's jacked up. My bp is all over the board, not consistently anywhere, good or bad.

I've got some energy back in the past months after most of last year doing nothing and just thinking I was being lazy or due to my work schedule until last fall happened. Wiped out was more like it. Thankfully adrenaline kicked in when we rolled the raft on the sept moose float lol.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread