General Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Lure Makers Successor’s? [Re: Steven G Trosper] #341677
09/20/07 09:09 AM
09/20/07 09:09 AM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Goldsboro, North Carolina
I think a very few simple "cake mix" lure formulas - YES, to some extent.... but the vast majority - NO.

Re: Lure Makers Successor’s? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #341749
09/20/07 10:43 AM
09/20/07 10:43 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
To answer that question would be a guess at best. If one was given the exact same glands and ingredients and each was told to formulate from those notes I think an experienced lure maker could do a good job.

It might take some modifications or adjustments along the way on the next batch or so on aging or the suggested time of adding a specific ingredient but I believe it could be done to a good likeness and animal response.

When one formulator talks to another he knows what to say and the other knows what to ask typically I would think. This would make the entire process more easily emulated.

Re: Lure Makers Successor’s? [Re: Bob Jameson] #341755
09/20/07 10:47 AM
09/20/07 10:47 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Online happy
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Online Happy
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Just think of it this way for some of you..its not your typical industry that a brand-name company is willing to give up its market share and open up holes for upstarts to claim.

Get out there and experiment.

----------

Paul I think many on this site would die if they ran out of Backbreaker and cant replace it. Sniffing is a horrible habit.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91