No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#3364003 - 10/11/12 11:32 AM Bridger 1.75 First Impression
rickPA Offline
trapper

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I had some free time today so I took a dozen of them, that I bought last week, to the carwash to de-grease. I brought them home and set each of them. I know you have to tune traps, I just wanted to give my thoughts for right out of the box.

Pros:
Base plate and D ring

Cons:
Roughest trap I ever purchased, specifically the trap frame, pretty sharp edges.
Dog: dont know if it has a name but it isnt a night latch, its half of a sphere raised on top. Anyways, it needs more filling than any other trap I've bought. It seems way too long.
Springs: weak, a stock Duke 1.5 is harder to set than these.

Do this purchase again? I wanted a last minute dozen because after checking out my land for one last time, I decided another dozen wouldn't hurt. Purchase them again? No, would rather mod some Duke 1.75 or Bridger 2.

I'll tune them up and put them out still, will see how they work.

#3364015 - 10/11/12 11:44 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
Full Throttle Offline
trapper

Loc: Wisconsin
Crap I just ordered a dozen of these about 10 min ago.

#3364018 - 10/11/12 11:46 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
IronCreekTrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: NW Wyoming
Mine weren't that bad. The only reason I wouldn't get them again is they have the same jaw spread as a 1.5 coil. I am using them this year on land for yotes, fox and cats 4-coiled. Next season these will be put to use on my water line and I am buying all MB550's offsets for land smile.

Edited by IronCreekTrapper (10/11/12 11:46 AM)

#3364023 - 10/11/12 11:51 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
jk Offline
trapper

Loc: Williamsport, Pa.
RickPa thank you for the straight forward report......jk
Whats supposed to be ain't always is. PTA life #503, NTA life #4187

#3364032 - 10/11/12 11:55 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
IronCreekTrapper Offline
trapper

I think my expectations might have been a little too high with these though. The few 550's I do have seem to have ruined me on most other traps.

#3364118 - 10/11/12 12:59 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
Shawn.H Offline
trapper

Loc: Central, New York
I hear they aint too bad of a trap once they are 4x4 and laminited

#3364171 - 10/11/12 01:37 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
IronCreekTrapper Offline
trapper

I will say 4x4'ing them makes them [Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot] near, if not impossible to set by hand.

#3364217 - 10/11/12 02:18 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
dunit Offline
trapper

Loc: Kentucky/Lake Cumberland
I've never gave my two pennies about any traps before but I will on this one. Mr. Rick I very respectfully disagree with ya.

Bridger 1.75 is out of the box the best (low end) 1.75 on todays market. NOTE I said low end....I just got finished tweeking three dozen. It is overall made from a much heavier gauge steel than either Duke or Victor (i have em all) wish I had time I would get out the dial calibers and give specs. Comes stock base plated and center swiveled. Has straight link chain.. big plus. Paws-I-trip pan (the bump is a nite latch)and good heavy swivels. Jaws are well rounded and required nothing to be ready to use. Springs are hard to call as I have no instrument to test them against one another and can only speculate... They will be just fine I'm sure..

My mods...
too much pan travel... filed dog away
pan set to high... adjusted
added swivel center of "stock" chain total of three now
does not need four coil although I'm sure most will do it anyhow

MY ONLY FAULT with this trap is there is not enough space for a 3/16 out side lamination (without major dog modification) and I personally don't want inside lams on a small jaw spread trap......

For those reading this that have used and liked the old Northwoods 1.75 this trap is pretty much a remake of it only better....

with respect Jack

#3364343 - 10/11/12 04:06 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
rickPA Offline
trapper

To each there own. After I tune them up, I think they will just be ok, wasn't impressed with the springs. Just sharing what I thought

#3364348 - 10/11/12 04:09 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
coontrapper22 Offline
trapper

Loc: NW Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: rickPA
To each there own. After I tune them up, I think they will just be ok, wasn't impressed with the springs. Just sharing what I thought

If you don't wan't them I can take them off your hands free of charge! grin laugh

#3364399 - 10/11/12 04:38 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
rickPA Offline
trapper

I bet you would! Just got the big file out, time to do some work!

#3364438 - 10/11/12 05:00 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
PAskinner Offline
trapper

Loc: PA
Rough edges? Guess I was lucky, no rough edges, strong springs, levers lock tight, only had to level one pan, no filing, just pull it down to a short throw and go. They sit so flat they almost bed themselves, I think I'm going to like this trap.

On the other hand, picked up a Montana #2 the other day, yikes, springs were like jello- I think on these foreign made traps they just get a bad run of springs sometimes and run them anyway.

#3364460 - 10/11/12 05:12 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
Richard Cates Offline
trapper

Loc: KY
My nieghbor down the road just got two dozen of them and I really liked them. I examined them closely and didnt find anything to complain about. The only work they needed was a little pan adjusting to suit ones needs. I feel they are a nice trap for the money. I thank the yankee just wanted something to complain about today and picked on the 1.75's

#3364480 - 10/11/12 05:33 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
rickPA Offline
trapper

Yes today is complain day! My biggest gripe is how sharp the edges on the trap frame are, oh well extra filling. Skinner, you probably weren't lucky, I was probably unlucky, I seem to have a rain cloud over my head any time I buy something.

#3364549 - 10/11/12 06:26 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
beachcomber13 Online   content
trapper

Loc: Port Jervis, NY
Thanks for your evaluation, Rick. I like to hear the bad as well as the good.

#3364624 - 10/11/12 06:58 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
Lugnut Offline
trapper

Loc: Berks County Pa.
I had some free time today so I took a dozen of them, that I bought last week, to the carwash to de-grease. I brought them home and set each of them. I know you have to tune traps, I just wanted to give my thoughts for right out of the box.

Pros:
Base plate and D ring

Cons:
Roughest trap I ever purchased, specifically the trap frame, pretty sharp edges.
Dog: dont know if it has a name but it isnt a night latch, its half of a sphere raised on top. Anyways, it needs more filling than any other trap I've bought. It seems way too long.
Springs: weak, a stock Duke 1.5 is harder to set than these.

Do this purchase again? I wanted a last minute dozen because after checking out my land for one last time, I decided another dozen wouldn't hurt. Purchase them again? No, would rather mod some Duke 1.75 or Bridger 2.

I'll tune them up and put them out still, will see how they work.

Good review.

#3364700 - 10/11/12 07:35 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: Lugnut]
Coon Duke Offline
trapper

Most of the issues can be worked around...except for the fact that they are a 1.5 sized trap. That kinda disappointed me.
~ PTA Life #482 - FTA - NTA ~

#3364709 - 10/11/12 07:39 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
wr otis Offline
trapper

Loc: SW Pa
springs seemed fine on the ones I looked at

for sharp metal I don't see how they can be in the same class as dukes, them things are sharp all over

#3364762 - 10/11/12 08:09 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
Richard Phillips Offline
trapper

Loc: SE Idaho
Rick, if you haven't filed them off already, give the paws i trip system a try (the little raised bump on top of the dog). I think that system is the best thing since sliced bread. pull the pan down til it just hops over the bump and remains caught on the very end of the dog. Adjust tension by bending the end of the dog up (harder) or down (lighter).

#3364830 - 10/11/12 08:38 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
rickPA Offline
trapper

Mr. Phillips, I didnt file any of the bumps off, just alot of the end of the dog. I bent my trap frame so the pan is level, and the trap doesnt fire until the pan drops about 3/8". So Im just trimming the dogs down now. Thanks for telling me how to adjust tension, was wondering how that worked.

Otis, thats funny, I havent got a Duke with a sharp edge yet. I buy them from a local sporting goods store.

I don't hate them, just way too much filing on this dozen, the dogs on these are WAY too long.

#3364858 - 10/11/12 08:54 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
UncleMoose Offline
trapper

Loc: Monroe, LA
If you guys wanna take that pan creep out, buy some MB-550 dogs and put on them. I did on 6 of mine and now she's a great trap! Getting the dogs to put on the other 18 when I make my order for supplies. I did have to do a good bit of filing on the inside of my offsets. When they were stamped out it left some really sharp edges. I'm betting that they will do just fine on your predator lines this year.

#3364881 - 10/11/12 09:09 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
~ADC~ Offline
trapper

Loc: SE-Central Iowa
Upon close inspection of mine, there is considerable pan travel after the bump and before the trap fires (most guys night latch anyway on regular dogs so taking off a little of tip would be easier IMO). The base plate and bottom frame do have crisp edges. The springs are a tad weaker than new Dukes. But.... The jaw face is smooth and rounded and the trap locks up tight once the levers rise just a little ways.... So, I really don't see anything that would concern me in the least about the traps ability to make a catch and hold the catch until the trapper got there on k9's. The pan travel doesn't bother me and I don't see why the frame and base plate having sharp edges would make a bit of difference, they aren't sharp enough to cut you easily IMO. If they were for coons I wouldn't like the smooth jaws and weaker springs, but for k9's I think they are just fine. The jaw spread should be bigger though if you are calling them 1 3/4 they should be called 1 1/2 square jaws IMO. That said if your trapping fox they should be as good as it gets for a square jawed trap.

~ADC~

#3365129 - 10/11/12 10:58 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
dcampbell Offline
trapper

Loc: livingston Tx
Good to see different reviews on them. I don't think I will ever depart from the 1.65's.

#3365144 - 10/11/12 11:21 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
fossil2 Offline
trapper

Loc: minn
first off, these traps DO NOT have paws-i-trip triggers. a detent bump on the dog isnt a paws-i-trip. its there so you can file the end of the dog to your specs, and know exactly where youre at when the pan engages. nothing more.

the so called sharp edges on the frame are not overly sharp, and have no affect on the function of the trap at all. the only burrs that are a problem are on the jaws, and as mentioned above, the jaws have a very nice smooth finish to them.

the chain system is superior to most out-of-the-box traps on the market today. the swivels are the best "import" that ive seen. the frame is well designed and the strength is sufficient for 4-coiling.

this trap is an import, a beefed-up northwoods so to speak. dont compare these traps to an american made MB trap.

personally i'll be using a bunch of these traps, as i know exactly what theyre capable of, as i used them years back, when they said northwoods on the pan.

#3365260 - 10/12/12 05:40 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
GRIZ Offline
trapper

Loc: Central MN
Yes today is complain day! My biggest gripe is how sharp the edges on the trap frame are, oh well extra filling. Skinner, you probably weren't lucky, I was probably unlucky, I seem to have a rain cloud over my head any time I buy something.

I have held and set the new models. Sharp edges on the frame, I never noticed but even it were that won't hurt the critter anyhow as it's on the frame not the jaws.
I.B.O.T. #288
GRIZ

#3365267 - 10/12/12 05:48 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: fossil2]
austinp Offline
trapper

Loc: Naples, NY
Originally Posted By: fossil2
first off, these traps DO NOT have paws-i-trip triggers. a detent bump on the dog isnt a paws-i-trip. its there so you can file the end of the dog to your specs, and know exactly where youre at when the pan engages. nothing more.

the so called sharp edges on the frame are not overly sharp, and have no affect on the function of the trap at all. the only burrs that are a problem are on the jaws, and as mentioned above, the jaws have a very nice smooth finish to them.

the chain system is superior to most out-of-the-box traps on the market today. the swivels are the best "import" that ive seen. the frame is well designed and the strength is sufficient for 4-coiling.

this trap is an import, a beefed-up northwoods so to speak. dont compare these traps to an american made MB trap.

personally i'll be using a bunch of these traps, as i know exactly what theyre capable of, as i used them years back, when they said northwoods on the pan.

100% agreed on all above

#3365289 - 10/12/12 06:24 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: dcampbell]
aprophet Offline
trapper

Loc: Portsmouth Va.
[quote=dcampbell]Good to see different reviews on them. I don't think I will ever depart from the 1.65's. [/quote

lota folks don't like these I got 3 dozen I like I wish I woulda bough a few more smile

Molan Labe

Venari Vastantium

#3365293 - 10/12/12 06:25 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: fossil2]
aprophet Offline
trapper

Loc: Portsmouth Va.

I was hoping for this again some day makes me want a dozen now smile

Molan Labe

Venari Vastantium

#3365310 - 10/12/12 06:43 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
Carolina Foxer Offline
trapper

Loc: NC
I would've been more apt to get some if they were between the 1.65 and 2 in jaw spread. As it stands, I'll just get mroe 1.5's and 1.65's. To each their own. Looking forward to hearing more about them one they get in the dirt and grab some feet!!

#3453823 - 12/01/12 06:59 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: fossil2]
DoveHunt Offline
trapper

Loc: Lower Shore Maryland
first off, these traps DO NOT have paws-i-trip triggers. a detent bump on the dog isnt a paws-i-trip. its there so you can file the end of the dog to your specs, and know exactly where youre at when the pan engages.

The website at MTP says they have the paws-I-trip pan. This is the main reason I decided to try these. Can somebody send me some pics or video on how these should operate. When we set and you push pan past bump the trap fires immediately. Called MTP, but got a simple you need to file. I am new at this and have no idea what they Are talking about. Was hoping these where "night latched" out of the box.

#3453854 - 12/01/12 07:56 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
wr otis Offline
trapper

first thing I would do is with out setting the trap engage the dog into the pan, hold the dog up with your finger. If the pan does not sit level then bend the cross frame in or out to level it. If the traps still will not set with a level pan, then take a flat file and file a square flat edge on top of the dog next to the bump.

I bought several dozen of the 1 1/2's, I ground the end of the dog to make the notch the pan sets in shorter and then bent the end of the dog down to lighten pan tension. But these are water traps for mink and rats.

#3453978 - 12/01/12 10:01 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: wr otis]
Coon Duke Offline
trapper

After using a dozen of the new 1.75s for a few weeks this fall...I am pretty disappointed in them. When running them beside properly set up Duke 1.75s I found the Dukes to be far superior for a mixed canine line for me. Bridger 2s blow them away for catch efficiency as well.

There is a reason the top fox guys like PSB and the Leggetts use 1.75 and 2 sized traps instead of 1.5s.

I wish the Cavens would have taken the 1.65 frame, put a set of square jaws in it with proper lock up, and added a riveted baseplate. Then we would have had a true 1.75 class trap instead of a one-and-a-half in 1.75s clothing.

#3453982 - 12/01/12 10:10 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
trapper85 Offline
trapper

Loc: western KY
I can tell you from experience that they will hold coytes just a little filling on the dog and level the pan is all that is needed who would pay 6 or 7 bucks for a 1 1/2 coil when you could buy these awesome little traps for a buck or two more some people nit pic everything you don't have to four coil anything to hold coytes if your set is right these traps will hold everyone that come.buy

#3454000 - 12/01/12 10:34 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: trapper85]
Calvin Offline
trapper

Loc: South metro, MN
Originally Posted By: trapper85
I can tell you from experience that they will hold coytes just a little filling on the dog and level the pan is all that is needed who would pay 6 or 7 bucks for a 1 1/2 coil when you could buy these awesome little traps for a buck or two more some people nit pic everything you don't have to four coil anything to hold coytes if your set is right these traps will hold everyone that come.buy

I think your missing the point here: It IS a 1.5 trap. Also, "catching" and "holding" are two very different terms. Hench some of the disappointment shown above..by those who understand the difference of terms and have experienced it.

I would rather they keep the dog end long so I can file to where I want it.

I, too was going to buy some until I realized it was a 1.5 trap....but that's just me. Set them and decide for yourself.

#3454040 - 12/01/12 11:33 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
FEEB Offline
trapper

Loc: Kittanning, Pa
What does the number stamped on the pan mean to the function of the trap? You know the jaw spread that's what's important. A Duke 4 is the same trap as a Bridger 3. (As far as jaw spread goes.) Tim and co. Had there reasons for making the jaw spread what it is. Making it usable by law in the most states. No you will never have a catch rate as high as in a 5.5" jaw spread as you will with a 6.5" jaw spread. Now that I have that off my chest. I have watched about 20 doz. walk out the door of my shop. And have had nothing but positive reviews on there function. The only mods have been #9 wire lams. I would advise against 4 coils. If you just simply have to have stronger springs swap out the stock ones for #2 music. But the stock springs have held every big northeastern coyote they've had a hold on in this area. One guy is stacking up reds like cordwood in Maryland with them and is very pleased with there performance. As far as quality of stamping goes C-. They are a bit ruff on the baseplate and frame. What really matters... The jaw faces are fine. Nothing a little file work and a couple catches won't clean up.
Overall. Dang solid trap in that size and price range.

#3454065 - 12/01/12 11:54 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
Full Throttle Offline
trapper

Loc: Wisconsin
I think they are way better traps than the Duke 1.75. I really like these traps when I run them. I bought them for fox. I actually think I have missed only one animal with them and I think it was a bear. I have used them for 2 weeks total so I havent got much use out of them. Heres some pics.

Edit: if you notice both are full paw catches.

Edited by Full Throttle (12/01/12 11:55 AM)

#3454077 - 12/01/12 12:10 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: Calvin]
trapper85 Offline
trapper

Loc: western KY
Calvin, I have tried them and have some set at the moment and recently skinned a coyte that had has paw imbedded in one of them

#3454092 - 12/01/12 12:21 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: trapper85]
Coon Duke Offline
trapper

...and guess what, there are hundreds and hundreds of coyotes and beavers and otters and bobcats caught in duke 1.5s every year and they hold them fine. That does not make the Duke 1.5 the most efficient trap for those animals...not even close.

There are very few top teir FOX trappers using a trap that small...much less coyote trappers.

The Bridger 1.75 is a great little one-and-a-half! But IMO it is a pizz poor 1.75!

#3454130 - 12/01/12 01:11 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
wr otis Offline
trapper

same basic width as the 550 every body brags about

#3454132 - 12/01/12 01:13 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
ottertrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Michigan, United States
They are a tough little trap taken both yotes and reds in them this year right out of the box did a little pan tension adjusting and that was it, boiled and waxed and that was it. Will mess with them a bit in the off season but for the price well worth it. All deep pad catches on the yotes and fox. Plenty strong with 2 coils to hold a mean nasty yote. OT

#3454706 - 12/01/12 06:57 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: Coon Duke]
Dongotto Offline
trapper

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: Coon Duke
...and guess what, there are hundreds and hundreds of coyotes and beavers and otters and bobcats caught in duke 1.5s every year and they hold them fine. That does not make the Duke 1.5 the most efficient trap for those animals...not even close.

There are very few top teir FOX trappers using a trap that small...much less coyote trappers.

The Bridger 1.75 is a great little one-and-a-half! But IMO it is a pizz poor 1.75!

So basically what I'm hearing is this is a great 1.5 coil spring trap for the price?

Off topic and I know I will be abused for this but so far I have had very good results with duke 1.75 2 coil and some mods I do. I baseplate. lam the jaws, and bubble tip and have had nice catches on cats and yotes. If you can weld and have a little time in the off season mods arn't hard or expensive and help me stay conected to trapping. I have about 8 buck each in them and for public land trapping I'm not setting my 550's.

#3757877 - 04/13/13 11:43 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
ducky Offline
trapper

Loc: androscogin county maine
how do u guys figured they are 1.5 sized when they are 5.5 inche. most 1.5s have a 4.34 or 5 inche jaw spread. they may be smaller them a #2 but thats the point. a bridger #2 in only 6 inches. it seem like some people are exspecting more from a trap then what they worth. they are a low end trap that fits most state jaw restrictions.these arnt a mb 550. mb 450s hold coyotes 2.

14/15 season

rats 0/30
Beav 0/10
Otter 0/10
Mink 0/2
Coon 0/15
Skunks 0/1
Fox 0/4
Yotes 0/5
Cats 0/5
Squirrels 0/infinite
Fisher 0/1
Weasel 0/4

#3757903 - 04/13/13 12:09 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
TNcat Offline
trapper

Loc: Tennessee
If you have 1.5 and 1.75 Bridger's set them both . Set face to face then you make your own decision.

Edited by TNcat (04/13/13 12:09 PM)

#3757983 - 04/13/13 01:32 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
Savell Offline
trapper

Loc: Coldspring Texas

Here are a couple pictures of a 1 1/2 sleepy creek and a bridger 1.75 side by side for those interested

I bought a couple dozen of the bridgers to run on drags in public land because of their price......I think they'll work well for coon, gray fox, and a cat here and there. Will know more this time next year

#3757991 - 04/13/13 01:46 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
Happy Birthday Camohoyt340 Offline
trapper

Loc: New York
I have both bridger 1.75s and 1.5s brand new i just got yesterday. I looked at them side by side and it looks like the 1.75 is a 1.5 with square jaws and a baseplate. I like the square jaws better. I have no complaints about the 1.75s they held the only animal that stepped in them this year (coon). I will say that if you plan on 4 coiling them they can be a little tough to set especially if they are outside laminated.

#3758006 - 04/13/13 01:57 PM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
PAskinner Offline
trapper

Nice traps for the money. Didn't get any pics of fox in them due to not always having a working camera. I'd like to get more of them.

#3759012 - 04/14/13 08:07 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
sbhooper Offline
trapper

Loc: North Platte, Nebraska
Sounds to me like they are just like every other trap that hits the market-some like them and some don't. Interesting reviews either way.

#3759139 - 04/14/13 09:27 AM Re: Bridger 1.75 First Impression [Re: rickPA]
TrapRookie Offline
trapper

Loc: Virginia
I like the trap myself, nice trap for the money. Like most people here, I had to file the dog and adjust the pan and tension, that's it. I bought them for fox trapping with the occasional yote, they worked fine. I caught both in them with no issues. When I started out trapping I bought some duke #2's and the frames on them are so thin, I've had yotes get out because they bent the cross frame that holds the dog, which allowed them to pull the spring pin, that is on a modified trap as well, baseplated and what not. The bridger traps have a heavier frame. I've also got some bridger #2's and a couple MB-550's that I use if I'm in yote territory. All in all they're a good fox trap with the occasional yote for the money.IMO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >